Which ones should I cop If I like Lattimore's translation more, but the Fitzgerald's editions are way better?

Which ones should I cop If I like Lattimore's translation more, but the Fitzgerald's editions are way better?

Other urls found in this thread:

press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/I/bo5811519.html
amazon.com/dp/0226470490
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lattimore

I like Lombardo

>baiting OPs perfectly retarded thread this hard
i'm not even mad, i can dine out on lombardo for weeks, you juicy thing

I read pope and fitzgerald, any other I should read?

Anyone who jerks off to fancy sounding filler bullshit reminds me of Don Quixote desu.

Especially Christians who only read KJV

>not reading fagles

>reading FAGles
Yeah sure buddy, don't you have some dick to suck right about now?

lombardo's worth getting for the laughs alone
lattimore for sound and accuracy

lattimore or gtfo

I have the University Of Chicago Press edition of The Iliad, I'm not crazy about the cover art but as for the actual quality/durability of the book I'm satisfied with it. Fairly inexpensive as well.

press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/I/bo5811519.html

amazon.com/dp/0226470490

In all seriousness, is Fagles bad? I just picked up his translations of the Iliad and the Odyssey earlier today.

Are there any editions of Pope's translations that are in print and published by an actual book publisher and not some print-on-demand service?

>In all seriousness, is Fagles bad?
No

>not learning homeric and attic Greek
It's like you never want to make it

Fagles is great, as is Fitzgerald, Lattimore, and others. Don't fall for the retardation here

Just get Lattimore

>but the Fitzgerald's editions are way better
>>>implying

IIRC there are some on amazon, but you may as well buy an older, used leatherbound copy if you're gonna read Pope. Or a clothbound one should be really cheap and still nice.

I have Lombardo solely because I like Hackett

Peter Green

He made a somewhat funny post, then maybe one or two people sincerely responded "lol" at first; then some cringey redditor samefagged (I was in the thread near the beginning, the poster-to-post ratio you can see at the bottom was way out of proportion --- even now it's pathetically TWO-HUNDRED-FIFTY-SIX replies to NINETY FUCKING POSTERS) a bunch of responses to it, and then the new /reddlit/ faggots here decided to keep responding to it to make a new meme.

This might be the "so bad it's good" of literature