What's the most poverty food you've ever eaten?

What's the most poverty food you've ever eaten?

Food from the food bank

I lived nearly two years by eating from dumpsters when I was homeless. Too proud to beg for change.

raw fish and rice

What was your crème de la resistance of finds?

i went hungry so nothing, besides that an egg with water and flower in then to increase volume.

Now there are some stories. What were the most remembrable /ck related things here?

Nothing too remarkable to be honest. Supermarkets around my area have covered dumpsters that are attached to their buildings, so good healthy stuff was out.
Saying that, I got lucky with Popeye's Chicken often. They compartmentalize.

Dry instant ramen. It's not that bad initially, but after a while you realize why nobody does it

Tinned corned beef. Just corned beef. Cold, on a plate. Sometimes I had some ketchup.

Also, my own worst moment was subsisting only on homemade bread for a week because I had no money at all. Just flour, which I used for dough and saved a bit for a starter.

In jail I once crushed up some ramen and let it sit in a cup of hot water until it got soft enough to eat.

That's probably it besides meals I made with potatoes and rice.

It may come as a surprise, but large pharmacies often have food sections. When they do, you'll be assured that there's a policy of throwing away slightly torn open boxes or a can that dented when it hit the floor.
My best haul from one of those places was several bags of misc. candy, three tubes of Pringles, and an armful of Top Ramen.
It may sound retarded, but I used to make hamburgers from a package of ramen and three Dairy Queen patties. You sort of roast the two pieces of ramen over a fire for a bit, then sandwich the patties, then add a bit off the flaavoring packet.

This shit was all the craze some 22 years ago. You break that shit up and mix in the seasoning packet and eat it out of the bag. Tastes like 3rd grade.

Once eating 2 packs at once I totally know what you mean

as a child I would sometimes bring ramen packets to school and eat them dry, maybe with a little seasoning sprinkled on.

I eat ramen noodles 2 packs at a time
With Sardines or tuna.
I add a raw egg sometimes
And mushrooms on occas

Never experienced poverty, but when i am to lazy for shopping i usually eat rice with beans, peas or onion with some cheese or bacon.

water and flour. i just made tortillas.

A nap.

i ate it like a big cracker from the solid block every day after school while watching star trek
i don't do it anymore but damn it was good then

always eneded up with too much food from the food bank. Wasn't very balanced, mostly carbs, but it was mostly organic lol, a lot of stuff I wouldn't buy because of cost normally

uncooked ramen packs

A slim Jim and some water with flavoring.

Peanut butter spread on a tortilla and rolled and microwaved. At those for a week while I waited for food stamps

ate rice almost a month straight due to being poor.

best post

Used to get a loaf of bread for 99¢ at a nearby convenience store on my lunch break from a shitty phone bank job.
I used the free mayo and pickle relish packets as "sandwich" filling.

I had a friend who got food from the food bank, but ussually a quarter of it was expired or/and unedible .. like shampoo, toothpaste and shit.

what did you do

Polenta, and even though i'm not poor anumore i still eat that shit all the god damn time.

potatoes and beans here
i've eaten it because it was all i could scrape together in the past but fuck if it's 2/3 of what i eat now that i can afford much more
i love beans and potatoes
fuck rice

shit that sounds rough
i wouldn't even yell at you for taking the mayo and relish obviously meant for the hot dogs
sorry man

that's odd, usually personal care products are pretty rare.

and in america, at least, they can't give expired foods, most of them are day of at the worst

Lunch meals donated from a church.
They weren't bad. But fucking A we were poor

boxed macaroni
the cheese powder from said mac
expired tomato paste
no butter
no milk
tastes terrible but choked it down because I had no money
I'm glad those days are over
don't do drugs kids

Heroin?

2real4me

i've had that same poverty meal when I was about to lose an apartment and couldn't afford food for awhile

Boiled potatoes with some of the potato water thickened with flour and lightly salted for sauce.
If you're truly hungry it's quite good.

Nothing

>What's the most poverty food you've ever eaten?

Second most poverty food I've ever eaten was "Plain rice with onion."

Most poverty food I've ever eaten was "Plain rice."

Tortilla chip crumbs as I sat in my apartment in the cold and dark since the power was cut off for a week. Had nothing for light except one of those tiny, inch long keychain flash lights.

Rice and beans.

>"Plain rice with onion."

This. I used to fry the onion with like 5 different spices to get at least some taste into the rice.

that sounds like it would be pretty good with a little more spice than just salt

A while back my credit cards were stopped as they thought someone was using them for fraud. Had to a spend a month eating non-organic food.

Dark times

Dunkin donuts dumpster doughnuts

instant rice and ketchup
i'm ashamed to admit it but it actually tasted alright

Nothing wrong with good polenta.
That shit gets you stuffed really fast.

other than other people's leftovers (which was by choice), it would have to be actual, factual government cheese
you don't know what the bottom of the barrel looks like until you're staring at a pasteurized cheese product with stark black and white packaging stating as much and nothing remotely eye-catching except for the yellow color of the contents and the foil wrapping inside of the cardboard

>it would have to be actual, factual government cheese
That program ended decades ago, grampa.

Cheapest just-add-water noodles, the kind you get three packs for a dollar. Feels like eating damp styrofoam, and taste isn't much better. I don't think you can get more poverty than that without eating cockroaches from the public toilet or some shit like that.

it was commodities, and it this was at least 15 years ago

Food from dumpsters out the back of shops.
Didn't have to, just went with my mates once and got fuck loads of free food and because we were all stoned we feasted.

I love this

Paper

I'm still not convinced that all the meat in these was quadrupedal.

That said, at one very, very low point in my life, the St Vincent de Paul charity gave me a food basket that had a devon sausage that was hands down the most vile animal byproduct ever pressed into a plastic wrapper.

A McChicken from the dollar menu

or maybe Italian food. Pasta is literally flour, water, eggs, and various weeds (garlic, onions, tomatoes, etc.). It's like they buit an entire poverty cuisine

boiled hot dogs and kraft mac

oh also white rice with some sugar packets. poor mans candy

... These were a staple of my childhood. I grew up super povo, no car til I was 13 living next to a paedophile poor. My dinners were sort of like a 3 day rotating roster of dim sims and tomato sauce, fish fingers and chips, and chili. I actually love them now, and eating shit tier foods for so long meant that when I finally made good food myself I appreciated the complexity more. But yeah fuck knows whats in them.

This. There was some rice meal with soy protein, vegetables, and spices that was pretty good. Found a website with info, not sure if it's the same people who made the stuff I ate, but the ingredients are identical.

>"Contains rice, soy protein, vitamins, minerals and dried vegetables: carrot, onion, tomato, celery, cabbage and bell pepper"

I don't know if it counts but when I was 10ish or something me and my mom stole half-thawed frozen food out of a couple of hobos/crackheads hobo cart after we watched them get arrested

I've done that too. I didn't know how to make bread so I just made tortillas.

I got fucking awful stomach cramps from it

I hear ya man, pretty sure these have a fair bit of roo and racehorse in, but I'm actually salivating at the thought of a big bowl of them, steamed, with a bit of soy sauce.
I have prawn gyoza and so forth in the freezer now, but they still taste dodgy delicious.

I've never been poor, but ramen noodles.

I used to buy one meal and then live off it for a week. Stuff like, buy one serving of curry, eat two chicken cubes out of it, then put the rest in the fridge. Eat two more cubes the next day, etc.

Dried cat food

rice, mayo and capers. with chicken stock to drink.

>cook 1 cup rice (dry) till al dente
>add 24oz jar of spaghetti sauce
>cook until rice is done
>eat throughout the day
Adding a pound of ground beef after was reserved for special occasions

Oh. I didn't realise the upper class had the time for Veeky Forums.

Cup Noodle

fucking disgusting

Rice with sambal brandal. Still pretty good

Two summers ago I lived off of blueberries, elderberries, raspberries, tomatoes, dandelions and rice for a month. I had ten$ to spend so I bought rice.

White bread and ketchup

Dumpster donuts
Food from the food bank
Two year old expired canned chili
Drinking Italian dressing

Tomato sauce sandwich.

Get a slice of bread. make a square with tomato sauce. Get another slice of bread. Make an X. Place the two together SAUCE SIDE TOGETHER. Boom. Sandwich.

I wanted Chinese so I made peanut butter toast with sriracha.

Plain rice for a couple of weeks

cornstarch pudding
>200ml milk
>200ml water
>40g cornstarch
>sugar
>boil until thickens
>eat hot or cold. i prefer hot

Mayonnaise on a single slice of bread, dipped in a warm water/ketchup mixture that acted as "tomato soup" as a child.

For 3 weeks in a row, every night. Thank fuck for the free lunch line at school.

My personal chef wasn't in so I settled for a Ruth's Chris.

this but with stolen cups of ketchup from mcd

Baked Beans

Always had a job in a kitchen so I'd keep all the mess ups broken eggs bread ends burnt anything it went home with me.

I just ate dandelions I picked on the side of the road paired with eggs I was able to get from my neighbour who owned chickens for a couple of weeks.

Polenta with fried eggs.

I remember you and you're other stories, i hope you are doing well

A good chunk of the stuff at the food bank is past its best before date. Not the same as expired, but not ideal.

A box of cake mix I got smelled stale. I went ahead and used it anyway and the resulting cake tasted stale too. I almost cried about wasting three eggs. It was edible, sure, but it tasted a bit like despair.

But the worst of it is over now, and I look forward to the day I can donate to the food bank instead. And I'm only going to donate good things, nothing expired.

Lentils and rice. Not to bad tbqh

Isn't this also known as potato soup?

sleep for dinner

I'm trying to think whats the worst I've eaten dumpster diving comes to mind

One month we had to eat top sirloin instead of rib eyes and filet. Was fucking horrible.

nothing comes*

no wait I take that back I'm sure I have had pizza that is at least 3 days old

This was literally my lunch for two years of high school.

That shit diet coupled with the fact that I barely drank water except for a sip on occasion from the school Fountain... I got constipation like no other and ended up tearing a rip into my asshole.

I've healed since then but I have a skin tag from that ordeal right on the rim, and sometimes that sucker will bleed if I have a particularly hard shit. I'm saving up to get it surgically removed.

Fried spam on white bread. I'm not even poor

I cut off mine with a pair of sewing scissors.
Doesn't hurt that much but wow literal cups of blood come out.

Can of baked beans. Can of tuna with sriracha. Instant ramen. Hot dog. These are probably the cheapest things I would still eat and consider a "meal" of sorts.

Plain white rice with some little chunks of jerky I got from a friend at school. Her family went to the food bank every week and got an assload of junk food. Her parents pretended to live apart to get government assistance by saying her dad lived in their shed.

I used to pack up baskets with the little shit I had, bread or whatever, and meet up with her because she was my neighbor. Turns out she ate what I brought and then went home and gorged herself on rice krispy treats and slim jims. I didn't finish my rice that time because I was really assblasted that she had complained about being hungry all the time and mooching food from me all throughout every day when she had shit at home.