Are these any good? I need to lose weight this year and this seems like a good way to break up the diet monotony...

Are these any good? I need to lose weight this year and this seems like a good way to break up the diet monotony, provided it actually gets things good and crispy. 100 bucks seems pricey for a hot air machine though.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-air-fryer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't it basically just a small convection oven?

yes.

I would not recommend this for losing weight. While you do use less oil, it also encourages you to eat a lot of foods that are bad for you.

you're never going to make it if you can't abstain from eating fried food

very windy one.

Just learn to eat less, don't snack and exercise. Don't put your faith in appliances and other stupid shit like that, start eating less, your stomach will shrink and you'll be fit in no time.

Why the fuck shouldn't he exercise?

exercise has been proven to inhibit weight loss by creating false equivalencies in your metabolic system, essentially tricking your metabolism into storing fat rather than burning it because a sudden increase in calories used convinces the body that it will need to store calories for later use.

No

Please listen OP.
You ARE going to die of heart disease if you don't.

I don't think you understand how the human body works.

My Little Faggot Can't Be This Stupid!

>Are these any good? I need to lose weight this year and this seems like a good way to break up the diet monotony, provided it actually gets things good and crispy. 100 bucks seems pricey for a hot air machine though.
If you are from some ethnicity or food culture where you NEED to fry daily for someone who needs to eat less calories, by all means, if you're frying anyway, do it. I dunno, like if you need platano maduros with every meal. If you have picky children that only eat fried chicken strips and know when they aren't fried, it's a tool. If you fish all the time, and want to cook your catch of the day. But, if you fry properly, at correct temperatures (get a thermometer) without crowding, you're supposed to not have your food absorb much oil at all.

If you just like french fries, I can tell you without a doubt that I adore them oven baked, on a "nonstick air insulated" pan with a single Tbsp of olive oil for like 2-3 potatoes. They get golden crispy skins, good browning on all sides, and don't even take that long depending how you slice them. Sometimes I use homemade chili oil, or avocado oil for those health benefits. I get to vary from russets to yukon gold to baby fingerlings. Sometimes I bake a ton of different mixed veggies, same method, a drizzle of oil in a bowl, sprinkle of seasoning or herbs, toss with fingers, pour out onto sheet and bake. At the same time I might bake a head of garlic in foil to squeeze out onto my bread or use for recipes.

I get variety, and I get to use my extremely nice cookie sheet for other things, like biscuits, scones, southern cheese crackers or cookies. Things I want to get nicely browned but not burned.

I have one of these. I haven't used it much. I'm interested if anyone has made anything good with it. I'm not a fat fuck like OP so anything goes

Are you the same poster that boils toffee to remove the sugar?

Stop eating so much fried food fatso. Most of what people make in these is pre-fried anyway.

The wirecutter, a (((New York Times))) company, recommends the Phillips brand air fryers but also says that they suck in general

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-air-fryer/

I have a friend with one of those.
The thing is pretty much a tiny convection oven.

It's basically a really hot fart box

A shitty small convection oven

Calories in< calories out. Eat whatever u want just less of it.

>essentially tricking your metabolism into storing fat rather than burning it because a sudden increase in calories used convinces the body that it will need to store calories for later use

>hey, all this exercise needs calories, should we burn some fat to provide them?
>no, just keep storing food as fat for later use! never mind that they're needed NOW...

Holy fuck you're dim.