Reading Joyce for the first time (Dubliners) and have to say that he's great...

Reading Joyce for the first time (Dubliners) and have to say that he's great. The guy's capacity for story telling is amazing. After every story I feel like screaming, "wait, don't stop! I need to know what happens!" He just leaves you lingering in an emotional stupor.

I don't know why, but I feel like this thread it b8.

However, on the chance that you are praising Joyce in earnest, you should check out A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. As a whole, it is flawed, but it's still worth reading.

Not b8, m8. Although, it does read like b8...Not my intention. Portrait is next on the list.

Dubliners is *hugely* different from Portrait, though. And you can basically say it's not the same author who wrote Ulysses.

Absolutely. In my opinion, Portrait is his most poorly written book; that being said, I still love it.

well thats the thing mate, he has a surprise when he finishes a story

>he has a surprise when he finishes a story
Whatchu mean, user?

sorry to say, but the Irish are not white

Ireland's fine with that
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnRF5zyIKE

>Tre there's no other books like dubliners

Portrait is my personal favorite work of Joyce's, having read Ulysses first, then Dubliners, then snippets of FW. With a guide, FW is amazing. Portrait really does more than just offer a tale, but honestly gives blueprints for ascension as an artist. It contains the greatest explanation of an author's role in his work, and one that has left an indelible mark on my soul.

Just remember it's okay to cry after reading The Dead.

arse full of farts xD

I love the exponential progression from Dubliners to Finnwake

Good luck enjoying Finnegans Wake my dude

its fucking incredible, greatest book of all time but you wont get it unless you want to

Wow

Is this bait?

>can't come up with an ending
>get praised by pseuds

>After every story I feel like screaming, "wait, don't stop! I need to know what happens!"
Congrats on missing the whole point

kek

>As a whole, it is flawed,
How so? I just ordered it

what's the proper order of his works?

dubliners, then portrait, then ulysses, then finnegans?

yes. chronological