Is he the most complex, three dimensional character to be found in any art form...

Is he the most complex, three dimensional character to be found in any art form? Are there even people irl who can match the depth of personality found in this fictional man?

xD

No. Rick Sanchez is a warning against extreme nihilism. He is a fairly fleshed out character, but many, many characters surpass him. Even fucking Jotaro, a male power fantasy, is more deep than Rick Sanchez.

Go read a book user.

le piccle ricc XDDDDDD

You're just projecting desu

depends on the storyline they go with, if he is using his nihilism as a cover then perhaps, but most likely rick is an incredibly shallow character there to warn us about the dangers of such outlooks.

The reason Rick & Morty is reddit-tier is because of the self-important ignorance of that site's users, a similar personality to Rick.

You're just mad that you're a Morty

you only care because you're a Jerry.

probably doesn't even use legacy captcha

I'm not, since I'm not a nihilist, my root philosophy is of the Hedonistic school. But Rick is a warning against extreme nihilism, and his perverted, uncaring nature is slowly seeping into and corrupting Morty. I believe that to be what Rick Sanchez portrays, the cynicism and nihilism that long lived and """"""intelligent""""""""""" people can fall into despite there being no precedent for it. That's deep, I'm not saying Rick is one dimensional, but to say he's "he most complex, three dimensional character to be found in any art form?" Get real.

ls he the most complex, three dimensional character to be found in any art form? Are there even people irl who can match the depth of personality found in this fictional man?

Pic related. Join us if you can handle it.

What I meant was that you people have such a stick up your collective ass about nihilism these days that you see it and denounce it everywhere. Rick is only very superficially a nihilist.

>my root philosophy is of the Hedonistic school

*tips fedora*

You know why you don't like Rick and Morty? Because it's fucking cool. It's cool to like it. I get how that pisses you off, user, that the normies also recognize how great the show is, but for once can you just accept that it is both popular AND good? Like the fucking Beatles? And don't be a pleb and try to make this now into some sort of anti-Beatles argument, because everyone who isn't a fucking cock for cock's sake likes the Beatles and knows they're good.

Rick and Morty is funny. You are an asshole.

I'm not denouncing nihilism at all. Notice I said "extreme nihilism", not nihilism itself. Although I'm a hedonist in my root philosophy, I agree there's no inherent meaning in life and its not even a meaningful question to ask if there is. But Rick Sanchez is nihilism taken to one of its extremes, he not only believes there's inherent meaning in life, he believes that this excuses his questionable morality and only draws cynicism from it. And this is because Rick is bombarded with constant shifting narratives, he has experienced many universes, lives and seem so much he got caught in a shit tornado of conflicting thoughts, motives and morals the easiest thing to do is just retreat within cynicism and nihilism. Hey, if you conclude nothing matters and everything is shit, then you don't have to confront your own emotional conflict and biases at all, do you? That is Rick Sanchez. He's a nihilist, but only superficially. He's a nihilist because he's pessimistic and cynical, not because he buys into the actual idea, much like many of the students facing their first existential crises who watch the show will fell like.

Nice copypasta. I never said I didn't like Rick and Morty. Its flawed but brilliant.

That wasn't copypasta.

But yes - I agree it is flawed.

Being both super intelligent and forced to scrutinize the Big Picture just to survive would make one grumpy and self centered. And navigating the treacherous world he inhabits demands an amoral outlook,and sometimes the choices presented require the resources he calls family a bad time. He wallows in guilt,but proceeds anyway.

Why are liberals so fucking obsessed with this character? Is it because he's a representation of the nihilism and their self-entitled sense of intellectual superiority they see themselves as?

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

You've got to be kidding me

the worlds smartest man is a beaner
donald drumpf btfo

>Only in fiction could a beaner be the smartest man in the galaxy

Yeah, d-drumpf btfo

>get banned for shitposting about women in a thread
>shitty threads like this stay up for hours