Should free speech be defended even for those who advocate it's abolition...

Should free speech be defended even for those who advocate it's abolition? for those who abuse it to spread hate and encourage violence against minorities?

what are some books about the philosophical principle of free speech?

>defending niggers
>doesn't understand what white nationalists even stand for

You're retarded. More so that you want to argue about free speech

>instant hostility
>jumping to unwarranted conclusions
>doesn't understand what white nationalists even stand for right back at ya

Quality discourse, user.

I SAID THE WORD BOOK SO IT'S ON TOPIC XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

That's the hard questions aren't they OP? It's a very difficult situation. I heard somewhere "you have the right to say what you want, but you don't have the right to absolve yourself from the consequences" I think that's good. People SHOULD be able to say what they want, but the problem is that people are stupid. If someone gets up on stage and starts spewing hate speech, he's going to incite hate crimes, and that's a public danger. I think it's fair (and important) to regulate that kind of thing. It's no longer about personal opinion at that point. I'm not talking about asshole behavior though, I mean actual dangerous speeches- and that's good for the public, but it also leaves a lot of room for that kind of thing to be abused by people who want to police the way people think, and that's the problem.

Read John Locke
>False and doubtful positions, relied upon as unquestionable maxims, keep those who build on them in the dark from truth. Such are usually the prejudices imbibed from education, party, reverence, fashion, interest, et cetera

Kind of hard to decide what constitutes a public danger when your public is divided into hundreds of feuding factions and sub-factions. But yeah Burgerstand, diversity is strength. Sail that course right to the bottom of the ocean. China will make for an infinitely superior global hegemon.

Charlottesville proves the American "Left" are fucking clowns. Something resembling a "Nazi" rally finally happened and they were all like TIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKITIKI. All concern for the Political context was superseded by a meaningless aesthetic formality. It wouldn't have even been on the news otherwise.

what if i think you are saying something dangerous and hateful to me, and i get a bunch of my friends and we all vote to kill you

thats democratic, right?

well, im glad that was so simple

No, hate speech is free speech whether you like it or not. Unless you are explicitly telling people to go out and hurt others or infringe on their rights, you are (and should be) protected in your speech. This goes both ways of course. Nazis, communists, feminists, fascists, etc are all entitled to speak their mind without legal repercussions.

why are teens so mad that Veeky Forums has a literature board, did their dads beat them up with books

gotta admit made in china walmart tiki torches were kinda lazy and inauthentic

I don't take seriously people who use the term "hate-speech" unironically.

yes

>the kkk has had to reach out to suburbanite hipsters for new factions
i think it's telling that they left jews join a couple years before these home depot card holders.

they gave that guy a year in prison for dropped a bacon sandwich on the street?

the speech that should be punished with violence is the suggestion that we should limit free speech

by suggesting removing free speech you are threatening to hold a gun to my head. i dont react to that by chooaing to ignore it.

if you suggest i chooae to ignore your threat, i suggest i will hold a gun to your head but that you cannot react to defend yourself until i pull the trigger, because until the trigger pull i have not committed violence

bacon's valuable, son

welcome to the UK

why are teens so mad that Veeky Forums has a literature board, did their dads beat them up with books

Don't forget that whole march was organized by a guy who 18 months ago was a liberal. It was all a setup to discredit Trump, and the alt-right. And it worked, but Dems still gonna lose in 2020 because they still don't get it. Tranny rights and tax cuts for Goldman Sachs are not a platform that is gonna get any votes.

this desu

i lobbed a dictionary at a guy who told me sticks and stones could break his bones but words would never hurt him. only bruised him, so neither here nor there on verifying that adage.

>hoppean
>implying your sort isn't autistic enough to hold a gun to head of people you don't like anyway

>it's all a false flag!
>they were merely pretending to be expressing the political views we silly /pol/sters unironically believe in! don't worry about it it was all a hoax! we wouldn't actually take to the streets and say the dumb shit we say 24/7 on chinese cartoon boards!

for all the irony /pol/ deals in they can't quite process it themselves

it wasn't a "false flag", it was a way to pin the neonazi tag on trump, and it worked since i'm sure you unironically believe trump is both a nazi and a russian agent, kys