Holy fuck, shake shack is terrible

Holy fuck, shake shack is terrible.

Just went there for the first time and got the regular shack burger. It was a soggy, flavorless, lopsided mess. Plus it cost 6 fucking dollars, which is insane.

You east coast homos do NOT know how to make a burger.

we doin another regional fast food thread?
texas boys where y'all at

>get mad about burgers with me bros
no thanks

>6 fucking dollars, which is insane.
the entitlement of amerilards

how’s whataburger? We don’t have them in my city.

>implying not wanting to be scammed by corporations is entitlement
The ingredients needed to make a burger are extremely cheap. Stop kidding yourself. There is no reason a burger should cost $6 unless it is filled with faggy shit like black truffle aoili or is made from fucking wagyu.
A cheeseburger at In N Out costs $2. There’s no reason an inferior burger made from the same ingredients should cost 3x that much.

They're good, if a tad bit overpriced, but I've literally never seen a bad Whataburger in my life. Very consistent, plus their seasonal menu always has some good shit.

It’s a hipster burger joint in NY. I don’t understand the hype either, and I live here.

in n out is trash. It is only better than the big 3 drive thru chains. Some people would rather pay more somewhere else to avoid poor fags. similar to why people don't shop at walmart. shake shack does use better beef but they have way too much overhead in their locations. I wish most burger places would just make a fucking kitchen with a window and nothing else. shake shack needs the fancier dining area, their often waterfront locations, games, wine and shit to appeal to upper middle class.

Chili burger tasted great but yeah Shake Shack is overpriced as fuck, not really worth it.

I'm not crazy right, Shake Shack legitimately used to be good right?
I remember ~5 years ago waiting in line for one for nearly 30 minute and after finally getting it thinking that it was absolutely worth the wait.

I lived abroad for a few years and was excited to see there was one in the city I was coming to for grad school. Shit was basically Wendy's tier for 5 Guys prices.

They just totally fucked everything up and started using crap ingredients when they began expanding right?

yeah it got much worse for some reason when it left NYC. I can't place my finger on what changed but it's worse. Still way better than 5 Guys, which is absolute garbage.

>5 guys is garbage
>5 guys not ranking in the top 5 of fast food burgers

Come on now, lets not say anything crazy

lol they're almost always cooked all the way through even though they ask if it's okay to cook it medium. at least the beef is high enough quality to cook medium unlike most chains. that top patty is definitely not rare though.

they opened one in boca a little while back and i tried it... it was ok and a little overpriced.

>burgerim
ok. meme patties galore that all taste the fucking same & they use iceberg lettuce. meat has the texture that its boiled.

>mcdonalds
probably would be better if the buns werent all sugar.

>five guys
pretty good and messy. i really like five guys desu but it is kind of expensive for fast food burgers.

>char hut
god tier burger hut that hasnt changed since the 70s.

>tucker dukes
also god tier hipster joint with a ton of craft beers.

you just go to the one they put up in the central west end? was considering going

went there for the first time
got the shroom burger
was like 8 dollars and i didnt get fries
never again

Five guys gets a lot of hate from the East coast but honestly when it comes to a large sloppy burger and 20 metric ton of fries in the bag, nothing beats it when you're hungry. Plus, snacking on peanuts while you wait is super comfy.

i dont get why it gets hate. you can order hot dogs and shit too

You're confusing the east coast with the west coat

You should never get hot dogs from 5 guys. A hot dog is a hot dog so why pay 7 bucks for one

My suggestion would be to just go for the shakes/custards/concretes. Those are always awesome. The burgers in my experience are too hit and miss to be worth it.

Yeah I personally thought Shake Shack was overrated. I used to work in Manhattan and there were two SS's near my workplace. My coworkers always went there at least once every other week, but I found their burgers to be greasy as fuck. Their chicken sandwiches and hotdogs were ok, but also nothing special. And their "shroom" burger is an abomination. It's the "vegetarian" option, which is just a deep fried portabello mushroom stuffed with cheese. Sounds good, but it tasted disgusting and greasy as hell.

The best thing about Shake Shack are the actual shakes, since they do a different flavor of the week.
For Oktoberfest, they have a special menu that has bratwurst burgers and pretzels, but they have black forest cake shakes and Apple strudel shakes which are delicious.

They're shitty here in AZ. But maybe they've gotten better.

Shake Shack is great, as usual people just like to hate on things that are popular

It was the same when Five Guys came to the UK

>Shake Shack
overpriced long waits

the wait is only long if you are a tourist and go during peak hours

I'm a NYker, nobody ever sleeps and shits always packed. I hate the idea of someone giving me a beeper for a burger thats 8 dollars, then waiting 15-20 minutes. could just go to chik fil a man

>there is a chik fil a by washington square park
oh shit I didn't realize there was one outside of midtown, brb

oh it's a cafeteria for nyu students, so no

do you really go to one of the chick fil a's in midtown, tell me you're at least forced to work up there or something

The further from Danny Meyer that Shake Shack went, the worse it became. Danny is a great restaurateur and wants to eliminate tipping. Truthfully /ourguy/

queens center mall, food court
shake shack is upstairs with their stupid shop
just take the escelator down get some sakuyas teriyaki chicken and call it a day

The Astor place one is never that crowded since they put iPads in the place of cashiers.

2 acrobats empty out eachothers nuts

i had shake shack for the first time in a mall in PA and it was spectacular.

i meant chik fil a is in the food court as well
take M or R train to woodside

I gave Shake Shack a try but I just like Five Guys more and always will

five guys is always good if u want tons of fries or something simple, but you want some arterie clogging shit you go to Checkers/Rallys grab them STACKKKKKED bacon beef burgers

>flavorless

spot on. everytime I went to try these shit burgers the flavor was non existent. the shits are very similar to school food burgers they would give in the cafeteria.

also their milkshakes are chunky and sweet as fuck.

this place was a mistake

i'll have to find some other reason than chicken sandwich to get on the m or r but if I'm ever out there i'll try it

I'm just letting you know where it's at, i definitely don't go out of my way for chik fil a, but when I go shopping it's that or the Japanese place.

sheeeit... I've heard good things bout Checkers but I live in Boston so we don't have any. gotta get at it some day

they even got some great seasoned fries, I am p much never disappointed, they do buttered up sandwich burgrs too

>snacking on peanuts while you wait is super comfy.

you fucking fat shit

>nobody ever sleeps

where did you hear this? new york is notorious for closing early

fuck queens and queens center mall and their meme fucking stores. Im glad they shut down that faggot urban outfitters there. but they put a bullshit shitshack so it doesnt make a difference

theres no chik fila in woodside. I dont know what the fuck youre talking about

you have to walk from woodside to the queens center mall retard

i mean it's not that bad depending on what you want from there. majority of people probably stop by for the food court anywyas.

You know the mama's empanadas shot that's right around there? it's pretty decent, not 100% like from my country of origin, but decent.

idk i live here, everything always packed when its popular

You know which city should be notoirous for closing early? DC. You can't get anything past 7pm

if you're truly into your shitty queens you would know that woodside is fucking far from the mall faggot. If anything it's near elmhurst or IN elmhurst. you can get off at grand st or woodhaven you fucking dumb fuck.

and
>muh mamas empanadas

is for fucking pleb poor colombians who can't fucking maintain their fucking culture. those are a mesh of bullshit flavors that are far from decent

kill yourself tonight faggot

ShakeShack is too expensive.
At least with In-n-Out, you get similar quality burger for like 3/4 the price.