Is there a single kind of post that you could imagine that would forever deter you from returning to Veeky Forums?

is there a single kind of post that you could imagine that would forever deter you from returning to Veeky Forums?

Nah, I've read every fucktarded opinion on here (and written so so many myself) so I'm basically immune

That just makes me excited. I hope so. That'd be a great post.

No single post, but a shitty enough and spammed enough meme might do the trick.
It happened on /int/, it can happen here.
Then I can finally leave this hellhole behind and look for greener pastures.

Did you get that booty blasted by shart in the mart, or are you an Indian?

It wasn't an all across the board thing, it happened in one of the generals.
I honestly gave up on the place and I don't care.

easy...

"From now on, all posting will require a RealID."

a female namefag

To nitpick at OP, I want to be clear that a single post, period, would not deter me from Veeky Forums or any board, for that matter.

A single *kind* of post, if seen frequently, might deter me, though. For instance, the POOPOOPEEPEE posts on /r9k/ got to me.

Thankfully, it's not a popular opinion on Veeky Forums, but one of the few posts that triggered me was some rando saying "philosophers are actually better prose stylists than novelists", which combined my hatred of "muh prose" and the flooding of Veeky Forums with philosophy. If that became the dominant view, I'd never return.

No only if the scope of discussion became really limited and sophomoric as what happened to Veeky Forums. There are still some insightful people on here

If /pol/ somehow manages to ruin this board too I'd leave forever

see: Veeky Forums

That wasn't really that strong y'know. Crossposted /tv/ memes are a lot worse and spammed more.

the phlosophags are getting a bit thick on the ground. it's a shame there isn't an effective way of moving them en masse to /pol/, or /s4s/ or somewhere.

anywhere but here.

>the POOPOOPEEPEE posts on /r9k/ got to me

that's /r9k/'s best meme though. you don't know sublimity when you see it

people agreeing with me

I've never posted on Veeky Forums even though I have a BA in history. What went wrong on that board?

Nowadays Veeky Forums the catalog is 33% obvious /pol/ b8s, 33% rhetorical questions, 33% stuff that doesn't even belong there and the rest is the actual content.
Now my memory is fuzzy, but in the first weeks of Veeky Forums most threads were about niche stuff i.e roman thread, romanian thread, chinese thread etc. and there used to be historic enthusiasts who were happy to post walls of texts of informative facts.

they created Veeky Forums assuming that a lot of Veeky Forums would move there. Veeky Forums threads here were well sourced and contained (often there was a his general). we have a fair amount of people who can speak/write dead languages and have interests in philosophy, philology and historiography, along with those who like history books as their main non-fiction. they assumed those people would go to Veeky Forums and fend off /pol/

however, some idiots here tried to make all books related to any of those subjects off topic for Veeky Forums. those people they wanted to leave are all the people recommending SWTG and reading chaucer and all that other classical humanities stuff. basically, non-readers saw a chance to make this board into mostly lowbrow pretentious posting, and to get rid of the people who call them out with reference to a text.

so all the well read autists dug their heels in on Veeky Forums and let /pol/ take over Veeky Forums. /hisgen/ sufferred a little but it was always an infrequent occurrence.

Why would anyone come here for the enjoyment of reading? Personally I'm here to learn how to write better, from seeing other people's good and bad examples. And /pol/ is great, if you need a racist character in your novel you can learn how they act here.

For the actual on-topic threads, there are too many about war and leaders, especially the 19th and 20th centuries. No one knows anything about the humanities there.

I feel like you're just attempting to collect ways of getting rid of anons.

The Katie incident (and the fact that I was one of the perverts in that infamous screencap) made me stay away from this place for a good six months or so, then I came back and it happened again with that other girl, so I left again. Then I came back and it happened with Ontologicool and I just thought screw it I'll stay :\

Hi, guys. I'm Trooth Bombz. From /asp/! I may start poking my head in over here now and again.

What the hell was the Katie incident?

Veeky Forums scared a girl away and now the limp wristed English majors who secretly still hope to become professors act all flustered.

This guy again. 8th down is me :(

Hobbes and Nietzsche are better than a lot of writers though