What is a decent olive oil brand that you can get most places in the states...

What is a decent olive oil brand that you can get most places in the states? I keep trying them with some italian bread and they are all bitter as fuck. I want one that is good raw, I can use the shit ones for cooking.

Not sure if available stateside, but Ive had good results with Iliada. OK flavor while still being mild enough to be used with sheep cheese, herbs and warm bread. Much like any olive oil, however, the actual percentage of actual EV olive oil is anyones guess, and we are probably never going to know for sure, unless you buy from some natives in Italy or Greece and you see their operation.

isn't like olive oil the same as honey like 90% of it isn't actually real

This one is readily available and has a mellow body.
Phenomenal with balsamic on a foiccacia but cheap enough to use often

>New world olive oil
Ahhahahahahahahahahahahhhhhahahahahahahahaahahhaahhahaahhahahaahha. Hahaha a. Haha. Ha. Ha HA hahaha. Ahahahahahahahhaha

Once a year I purchase two gallon or half gallon or some shit I dunno how big they are bottles of this. These always go on special maybe once or twice a year for buy one get one free - so its a seventeen dollar jug, and another. That lasts me mostly a year.

I do it because its cheap and still olive oil, but frankly I do not like nor trust the company. All of their other blended oils and whatever are absolute markup trash. Beggers cant be choosers though, and to be perfectly honest Ive tried a few other brands (Not the huge metal canteens though, I want to try those) and they are all very similar.

DeCecco is really good as far as "mainstream" brands go and while in yuroland, im pretty sure you can find it pretty much everywhere in USA

I love dekeko man

>and they are all bitter as fuck.
the brand doent really matter, just be sure that you get a proper EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil, you prolly got pomace or some shit(which is like 20% actual olive oil, usually mixed with sone trash veggie oil)and it taste like shit.

also, DONT use your cold-pressed goof qualtiy extra virgin olive oil for heating, its best for cold dressing or just low temp heating, if you get past its smoking point, you not only lose all the health benefits of it, but you get that shitty, bitter taste too

i personally never cook with olive oil, just use it for dressings or pasta/sprinkling on top of breads and shit, i prefer to cook and fry with butter or pig fat

As for brands, at least in my country, De Cecco and Costa D'oro are a safe bet, nothing too spectacular, but good quality and are pretty much in ever single store

Honey and Olive Oil have two very different problems

>muh brands

This, California is a shithole but still better than non-american shitholes.

stay away from tinted bottles, pure olive doesn't oxidize as badly as some cheaper vegetable oils when in sunlight, tinted bottles almost always means its been cut with cheap oil

bullshit

This was informative. Thank you.

If u use shit oil to cook our meal can’t be good

This is the brand you should get in the US unless you're getting high-quality stuff. The main reason being you actually know it's olive oil and not sunflower/grapeseed/other oil with masking additives due to inspections.

Zero trust in Bertoli, Pompeian, DeCecco, Goya, Remano, Filippo Berio, Capatriti, Botticelli, Cento, etc. all garbage imo

Wait in italy bertoli is one of The best. Why not trust?????!!!?!?

I usually get the Kirkland Signature extra virgin at Costco. I've been pretty happy with it, good flavor, slightly peppery and fresh tasting but not bitter, nice brighter green color. Works really well for finishing and on salads and such. It's better than most of the other various brands I've tried from the regular supermarket.

this
the kirkland oil in the smaller bottle consistently gets good marks for quality and purity when tested independently

I hear most olive oil here is fake, and a shitty mix.

I get mine from some Middle Eastern/Italian/North African grocery store, they have a huge selection in 5L metal tins. seems legit.

You need to use extravergine olive oil