Are there any sci-fi books with realistic time travel?

Are there any sci-fi books with realistic time travel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_dH4xOFp9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>realistic
>time travel

>Realistic
>Time travel
Say that out loud to yourself and think about where you went wrong here.

>traveling through time
>of or relating to realism

t. brainlets

realistic? time travel? OP, pls

Check out Ted Chiang

A Sound of Thunder

If time travel is possible at any point in the future, then it has already happened and they have not chosen to come back. Or it is simply not possible to alter your own timeline in a way that impacts others in it.

We are time traveling now you brainlet...

The forever war is pretty good.
>Humanity encounters aliens,
>War ensues
>because of the distances between the two troopers have to travel at relativistic speed to the battle ground
>Troopers win or retreat can't remember
>Return to earth ~200 years later
>For them it's been 2 months
>Keep getting sent out to war
>Bouncing back and forth between battle and earth
>See time progressing on earth
>Whole war lasts 1 trooper year
>10,000 earth years

Or something like that, it's been a while since i read it. Really enjoyed reading it.

Book of the New Sun is probably the most well thought out. The general gist of it is sort of like .

That book took it's liberties. I'm not expert but time dilatation shouldn't work that way. I mean, you can save up some minutes if you travel long enough, but reaching enough speed to live 1 year in 10,000 is not even conceivable. Hence, not realistic.

Well's The Time Machine to start with. Not his best and bad science but it hits some really lovely notes. I especially like how he described the end of the world. He would be the only witness and I felt it to be quite poignant.

A novel brave enough to ask the eternal question: is using time travel to have sex with yourself gay?

It does if they travel above speed of light.
For them time would not pass.

Nick Land's corpus

The Book of the New Sun

Every book ever represents realistic time-travel. For example, the end of the book is later than the beginning of the book. Completely realistic.

The only time is now you morons.
"folded"

IIRC he also has sex with himself from a timeline where he's a woman which is problematic on multiple levels.

If you time travel you can't alter the timeline. If you get back to the past and shoot Hitler as a kid he'll survive, it means he probably got shot as a kid originally, but it wasn't a known fact. The present you are living in has a past in which you've already time traveled like you want to time travel now, you just don't remember it because the current (present) you hasn't time traveled yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=S_dH4xOFp9w
(ignore after 2:31)

Then what's the point of time travelling if I can't go back and become a godlike leader of society amongst a harem of babes? Pointless.