Post your spaghetti recipes. I've only been using store bought sauces and would like to make my own sauce...

Post your spaghetti recipes. I've only been using store bought sauces and would like to make my own sauce. Not that there is anything wrong with the sauces from my supermarket.

Other urls found in this thread:

italianvslondon.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/how-to-make-tomato-sauce-pasta-original/
youtube.com/watch?v=ufsDsSrgaL8
youtube.com/watch?v=uEjMyHccX8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

spaghetti
tomato sauce
tuna

metric buttload of basil into 'mater puree

Pesto, if you have something to cut the ingredients for you (mortar and pestle probably work, too).

Tomato sauce
Black or green olives
Some onions cut in pieces
Salt

i crush up some jars of home canned tomatoes and roast them in a clay pot in my oven all day with garlic onion and carrots, stirring every 30 mins or so
when it's the right consistency i remove the onion and carrots and add evoo and fresh chopped basil and stir it into some fresh cooked hot pasta, grate some parm on top and wala

if i'm really feeling it i'll do a chicken or veal parm also but only if i can get my hands on buffalo mozz

>home canned tomatoes
That makes all the difference in the world between mediocre and exceptional food. I've never had a grocery canned tomato (incuding san marzano from italy) that can compare to my own canned at the peak of ripeness right off the vine.

it's true. a day of hard work for a year of gourmet delicious food
no reason not to do it imo

For me, it's gotta be Chef Boyardee

>canned at the peak of ripeness right off the vine.
That's exactly the way those companies do it.

at ultra high temperatures, shipped thousands of miles and sold for dollars on the pennies

totally the same

>sold for dollars on the pennies

That describes canning $10 of premium homegrown tomatoes instead of buying a can for $1 at Walmart

Then why are many of them flavorless and even the premium and italian brands are inferior to mine?
>inb4 self fulfilling prophecy
Not this, because others who've tried them say the same thing.

Hoosier here, can (get it) confirm this.
During harvest season there will be red ripe tomatoes all over the highways from the shipping trucks.

>shipped thousands of miles
No maybe a 100 miles from farm to plant.
Look here Ohio, indiana, Michigan all share a border.

confirmed for not knowing how logistics work

>tomatoes shipped from farm to warehouse
>warehoused tomatoes shipped to processing plant
>processed tomatoes shipped to warehouse
>warehoused tomatoes shipped to distribution center
>from distribution center to grocery store

Confirmed for not knowing geological distances
The plants and farms are in indiana.

After the tomato is canned it can travel, because canning.

>he thinks because it's canned it won't degrade during shipping
also american canned tomatoes are shit, the only half decent ones come from italy

$18.98 tomatoes
$2.00 propane
$11.28 canning rings
$0.02 tap water

61 500ml and 7 1000ml jars
$0.086/100ml
disgusting walmart house brand
$0.12/100ml

unico “premium”
$0.21/100ml

emma dop authentic san marzano
$0.41/100ml

eden and muir glen organic
$0.50/100ml

>also american canned tomatoes are shit, the only half decent ones come from italy
he believes celebrity chefs and does what they tell him without compromise. Go let Batali fuck you in your keister.

i don't buy canned tomatoes because i don't like ruining my food

..and I don't buy any of your horseshit claims.

because you're a dumb american corporate cock gobbler who doesn't know any better

shitholer!
Found a shitholer here!

>americans xxxyyyy
unless you're in a restuarant canned tomatoes does not ruin your food, first off you should be seasoning it yourself and second of all it's not hard to blend fresh tomatos, third of all tomato sauce expensive wtf

>unless you're in a restuarant canned tomatoes does not ruin your food
the absolute state

Correct, he is an amerimutt afterall.

You must be using shit tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes go for $1 to $5 a pound

you don't buy them by the pound, retard
see

I've given up trying to convince these corporate brainwashed faggots. They're too lazy or scared of "muh botulism" to ever know the financial, nutrition and flavor benefits of home canning. It's hopeless.

it's just so strange
i mean, i'm usually too lazy to make pasta
but i'm not going to argue with someone who does make pasta that buying it at walmart is better somehow

Im not going to argue with someone that buys canned tomatoes that canning at home is better.

Because it's not.

>i'm not going to argue
>but i am

italianvslondon.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/how-to-make-tomato-sauce-pasta-original/

I’m giving you the itlaian recipe for making pasta with tomato sauce.

Fast sauce:

2 cans stewed tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup olive oil
7 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tbsp basil
1/2 tbsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flake
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

simmer garlic in olive oil until golden (few mins), mix in all ingredients, stir, bring to a low simmer for 15-20 mins. Let sit for 5 mins to thicken.

Serve with 1 lb cooked linguini or fettucine. Season to taste with parmesan, salt, and pepper.

Make a mirepoix
add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, brown it
Add canned tomatoes, tomatopaste, beef stock, glass/splash of red wine, chopped basil, crushed garlic
Season to taste, you will at least need something sweet to offset the acidity of the tomatoes
simmer for 3 hours or more

add some pasta water after you've cooked your pasta to further thicken the sauce / make it stick better to your pasta

wa la

you are tryin' to speak french; it is vóila not wallah(the arabic swearing)

*viola

BWAHHH (the French) LAHHH
is that better?

youtube.com/watch?v=ufsDsSrgaL8

youtube.com/watch?v=uEjMyHccX8U