Name one good book that's come out in the last 20 years. Can't do it? Thought so

Name one good book that's come out in the last 20 years. Can't do it? Thought so...

Soumission

I'll go ahead and give you two

>mason and dixon
>against the day

The Wind-up bird chronicle.

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

My Twisted World by Elliot Rogers will be held up as a classic in the distant future.

It is a real, true-to-life firsthand account of a crazed gunman.

If it hadn't been written by an actual crazed gunman, it would probably already be held up as a masterwork.

I mean, I know it's shit, but it's real, and that's what literature is supposed to be: an expression of real true humanity. And My Twisted World is that, utterly untainted by corporate influence or profit motives.

I'm posting this with my coolest face

Dublinesque, by Enrique Vila-Matas

21 years, but whatever

What happened, lads? It's like literature died with the passing of the 20th century. I guarantee you, should humanity exist in that time, nobody in 100 years would pick up a 21st century book and hold in anywhere near in high regards as we do with the 19/20th century ones.

>but whatever
No, 20 and 21 are not the same, user. He asked for a good book in the last 20 years, not 21, not 22, not 23, not 20-30, the last 20 years. Disqualified.

10:04, by Ben Lerner. Excellent, highly formally creative novel.

Austerlitz
Simic has also published a couple good poetry books

Gilead
Austerlitz
Min Kamp
Matterhorn
Book of Night Women
We the Drowned
Wizard of the Crow
Austerlitz
Sandalwood Death
The Feast of the Goat
Brief History of Seven Killings
Laurus
Eileen
The Buried Giant
the Book of Numbers
Dying Grass
The Sellout
The Vegetarian
On the Edge
Submission
A Little Life
Age of Iron
The Moor's Account
The Dream of the Celt
Brief History of Seven Killings
The Neapolitan Novels
We the Drowned
Wolf Hall
(middlebrow as fuck but good)
etc etc

One of my least favorite trends on this board is the 20-something in college who is reading what his professors tell him he should read, and then saying nothing good is published now.

Also this one.

The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters.

Hillbilly Elegy and His Bloody Project look good too, they just came out.

Plenty of Veeky Forums liked Lincoln in the Bardo, while some loathed it.

it's almost as if you're all a bunch of retarded american twentysomethings who don't posses the knowledge and the acumen to distinguish a good work of literature from a bad one and are unable to form a coherent thought
mmm....

This, 90% of the people who actually read on this board (not counting newfags reading 1983 and shitposters) are complete cowards who read what they are told and who cant see that the most popular literature of the great 19th century was fucking Walter Scott and flipsy flopsy women's novels.

According to today's intellectuals, if it's not written by a POC, nonbinary, or otherwise oppressed group, it's not literature. So that narrows the field somewhat.

All the more reason to read in the London Review and New Criterion, or keep your ear to the ground in non-sjw prizes like the Cervantes or something.

What is this book about and is it any good? The Cover and title perk my interests. Also I have not read enough modern Chinese authors.

And M&D

well then

> Turtles all the way down

It's not even out yet. Checkmate, atheists

>op says last 20 years
>names a book that came out 23 years ago

Kill yourself retard

War and war -laszlo krasznahorkai

actually nothing good has happened in the last twenty years

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

Sorry, did I unleash your autism by chance?