Hegel, marx, nietzsche, heidegger, benjamin, stirner, carnap, adorno, schiller

>hegel, marx, nietzsche, heidegger, benjamin, stirner, carnap, adorno, schiller...
how can one country be so good at philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They draw their power from the Schwarzwald

Language, not country

It's all the sourdough

Partly language, German is crappy for fiction but damn great for philosophy. Partly geography, it was located between all the other major powers, so obviously profited from diversity of thought. Basically same reasons they started to dominate manufacturing.

Unified G*rmany was a mistake

All of those are shit though. USA and UK have the best philosophers

If you're 12 and just starting.

The Anglo-Saxon mind is a cut above the rest. The effete philosophy of the continental is a bowl of dishwater noodles balanced on a limp wrist.

Germany is fucked up good at philosophy. But the French have been catching up in the last century...

lmao

>yfw the best philosopher in the UK was austrian

>amerika
>philosoph

>TFW Australia currently produces the best living philosophers

>marx
>stirner
>adorno
>"good"

lol

>tfw you realize Kant was Russian, Schopy was Polish, Husserl a Czech, Freud was Austrian, and Jung Swiss. Wittgenstein another Austrian to boot.

this desu

>german is crappy for fiction

Why do the uneducated feel the most comfortable sharing their opinion

>Faust
>The Earthquake in Chili
>The Marquise of O.
>Lucinde
>The Sandman
>Woyzeck
>All Quiet on the Western Front
>The Magic Mountain
>Buddenbrooks
>The Life of Galileo
>Mother Courage and Her Children
>Steppenwolf
>Berlin Alexanderplatz
>The Tin Drum
>The Loser
>The Man without Qualities
>Young Toerless
>The Book of Franza
>Austerlitz
>everything Kafka wrote

>German is crappy for fiction

Exceptions that prove the rule.

>The magic Mountain

is a colossal bore. And there are a few others on your list that are equally

>that are equally ponderous.

Because they have culture.

B-theory completely fucked their philosophy.

They do not understand how complicated the world is to comprehend as a single entity. Most politicians should feel ashamed for spouting their nonsense since the majority of them have not grasped how the world works...

Most politicians that I can think of are very smart. You seem to be the dumb one.

>Benjamin and adorno
>anti-German subversive jews
>German
Kys OP.

What Nietzsche works would you recommend? I don't know much about him but I'm interested.

It does but at the same time it doesn't.

And yet they're in office and you aren't. In Canada if you serve two terms in parliament you get a lifetime pension, at least that's what I've heard, not to mention a generous salary. That's reason enough to spout nonsense, if you think that nonsense will help you get elected. If you think the people in charge are stupid then you're very naive.

Only good philosopher on that list is Fritz

*secularises Christian social teaching, thus ending the moral tension between theists and humanists*

Nothing personal kid...

The Genealogy of Morals is the best overview for his main talking points. Beyond Good and Evil then takes that a bit further. The Gay Science is also a good starting point. Some people swear by Birth of Tragedy but I think it has much less to do with what he ends up talking a lot about later. The Kaufmann translations are accessible, authoritative and cheap if you don't know German.

"You can't be a philosopher without being german"
- Mann

obv. refering to mentality not nationality

D gonna give it to ya
everytime
like clockwork

Vive La France

German-languaged philosophers of massive, unprecedented importance in the canon:

- Kant
- Schelling
- Hegel
- Nietzsche
- Husserl
- Heidegger
- Adorno
- Wittgenstein

checkmate, french fuckos.

reminder that it all stated with greek

As Heidegger stated, Greek and German are the only languages of worth for philosophy.

you are right and goethe is with you. germany culturally profited a lot from kleinstaaterei, meaning actually balcanization in today's terms. alot of counts and dukes sponsoring their onw literature/art departments
also ofcourse because of our angst.
thats why we never act and in order to cope with the fact that we are so timid and inert we just study some more until kairos passes us another time. not speaking about the german state but the german people

irony much?

Had*. It's really sad, but soon Germany will be a majority Islam shithole

A German having a bloated sense of importance and disregarding facts in order to do so? I don't believe it...

Before WW2, the intellectually relevant Western World basically consisted of Britain, France and Germany, with Germany being the most populous land.

This naturally makes Germany the central land for Western thinkers.

>9
It is the language itself. I think it was one of the most expressive languages in Europe, based on its structure and flexibility.

It sounds like shit but you can express yourself autistically clear with it!

>tfw only knows english

Despite having all these philosophers and intelligent people it hasn't stopped the G*rmans from ruining Europe time after time

Nazi Germany is the only reason why SU couldn't take over Europe, turn it into Eurasia, part of Soviet Union and communist hellhole though.

he's the kind of guy who thinks trump is dumb b/c his ideological puppet masters told him to think so

>Nazi Germany
More like USA saving the ass of Europe, as usual

I'm not even American btw

yes eversince bismarck germany is total shit.

the greeks and the germans are the best

Well all you cucks are gonna be shocked when the USA finally completes the System of German Idealism.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po

what the fuck lol

United States fought with the communists in World War 2, idiot.

This video is amazing.

I can't tell if I love or hate everything that this video represents...

that was the greatest thing i've ever seen

Not the guy and don't share his opinion but Trump does indeed seem as dumb as he present himself to be. Read the leaked call with Turnbull ... unless of course you think he is so smart and knew it all will get leaked so pretended to be an idiot with a fellow politician to keep up his cover.

germans are very smart but they have a pathological believe in authority which is why they are so destructive

t. german

Yeah, dumb people do graduate from Ivy Leagues, become real-estate moguls, singlehandledly destroy all political parties in a country and turn into presidents all the time; vulgarity and low intelligence are exactly identical

Rec me some aussie apart from John Kekes

Raimond Gaita, a "common-good" moral philosopher highly influenced by Plato, Weil, Wittgenstein, and Arendt. He's great, would recommend A Common Humanity.

You are conflating verbal finesse with IQ.

Dumb.

Nothing nepotism can't solve. Besides, chance is always a big factor. He was in the right moment when the real-estate boom happened or when the public got sick of the two party system. The latter is similar with the big A, who was an idiot through and through but could present himself well and sell ideas he took from others even better. Dumb =/= completely inept. Even people who aren't smart tend to excel at something.

It's not just verbal finesse (which tends to correlate with intelligence either way) but his entire thought process, which is limited to put it nicely.

True. Germany is a cut above the rest when it comes to philosophy.

My idol

>culture

>Chance
Found the religious nutjob.

But most of who you mentioned are garbage user. Do you know that?

Not even close, moron.