Is this really what school lunches are like in other countries compared to the US?

Is this really what school lunches are like in other countries compared to the US?

>that representation of us school lunches

Wtf kind of school has lunches like that? My school lunches were never that good. No potatoes, no cookies, no peas or fruit cups, and the chicken nuggets were a hellish abomination.

Yes and you can thank Obama and niggers. Not even joking.

>food has to be affordable
>food has to be healthy
>pizza is now a vegetable
>need to lower costs for dem programs

Seriously my highschool had a average lunch line which was like

Kek you're so full of shit. I work in a school and the lunches have only gotten better since Obamas thing. Trust me what the kids eat now is much better than what I got as a kid

I don't know about other schools, but in my "special kids" school (the place where all the problematic, probably pregnant gangbanging cholos and white trash got sent) we had some good food. I asked to help out in the kitchen and once a month they made chinese food, which was essentially putting frozen half-cooked chinese into a giant kettle and stirring the fuck out of it while adding in the sauces.
I've never seen anybody actually use a tray like those pictures show. Always paper containers or the stuff they make ramen cup noodle out of that I can't remember right now.

Kids should bring food from home, who the fuck is so poor that they can't give their kids a fucking sandwich? Why is there food being prepared at schools at all? What can you learn by eating there?

No, those photos are deliberately staged. US School lunches are shit, but pretending that european countries are serving all these fresh fruits, veggies, pasta, breads on beds of greens is fucking retarded

>the stuff they make ramen cup noodle out of
styrofoam?

>He thinks the President makes laws
If Obama had his way they wouldn't even serve pizza at schools, it's the republicans that passed that bill

>pizza is now a vegetable
Only New York state did that because they're actually that stupid.

> I work in a school and the lunches have only gotten better since Obamas thing

This is not a real post

Yeah that.
I don't know why it slipped my mind.

They shouldn't be letting kids inside the kitchen at all it's dangerous as fuck and none of the staff is qualified to look after a kid

they're actually worse (graduated high school in 2011 so maybe it improved?)

they were shit for as long as I can remember, and I started going to public school in 2002, well before obama

>This is not a real post

This is not a real post

I had a food handler's card so it was fine. Plus I was 18 at the time so it wasn't like I was going to suddenly deep fry myself.

The USA pic looks better than what my school served us 20 years ago

i feel bad for you if you didn't go home for lunch or at least take a bag lunch that was made with love

>who the fuck is so poor that they can't give their kids a fucking sandwich?
You have no idea, some of the kids in inner city schools only get to eat at school because of free lunch programs.

It's literally the entire thing Michelle Obama did as First Lady, what are you on about?

Haha, no.

Michelle Obama did not advocate for pizza to be a vegetable

My food was worse than what was in the pic and I went to school before Obama

>make food to bring with me to school
>unrefridged for hours
>constantly knocked around when moving from class to class
>end up with a mess pile

Is Michelle Obama personally damage controlling this post? There was literally a hashtag and other normie social media movements and complaints and shit over how fucking horrible it made things. Pictures of trashcans full of untouched food, the nasty 'meals', etc.

The parents are getting money from the government so they can feed them right?
Obama abolished drug testing as a requirement to get on wellfare and I will always remember him as the drug money president for that

That is, again, just New York State. Michelle Obama was behind the main push of MAKE IT ALL HEALTHY OOOO

>his mother didn't love him enough to make him a bento box every day

People used to get on ships and sail across the world not setting foot on ground for months without any refrigerated food and they did just fine

ok, and? Children should be eating healthy food and not tater tots.

Have you seen how fucking fat kids are these days?

That's because they aren't allowed to run and play during recess

any people also lived to the ripe old age of 30 what is your point.

Drug testing has never been required for "welfare" which I assume you're using to stand in for programs you don't actually know the names of.

A few states have gone off on their own to drug test, but only a few have maintained their programs.

Open a fucking book, faggot

my experience from the early 2000s in euroland, or what I can remember anyways

mac & cheese & sausage
boiled potatoes & pork patty
rice & tendies
split pea soup
frikadellen soup

bread and salad on the side
yogurt or jello for dessert

It was shit even before the Obama administration. I believe those tweets were in response to Michelle saying something to the effect of her making school lunches better, which I will agree was bullshit. But that doesn't mean >the absolute state of American school lunch was directly her fault.

>Be conservative
>Bitch that markets should be free
>Bitch that corporations have turned school food into cheap trash
>Blame Obama

>Have you seen how fucking fat kids are these days?
I'm pretty sure it wasnt the crappy school lunches making kids fat. I'm pretty sure it's the complete abandonment of physical education and parents letting them drink 2L of soda every day.

Except its directly his fault for enforcing the standards, and it's not about MUH FREE MARKET, it's about MUH BIG GOVERNMENT. This kind of shit should be determined at the state level at the absolute highest, not the federal level.

That's on average because the high numbers of child mortality because modern medicine wasn't a thing yet

us school lunches are pretty shitty. many corners are cut to maximize profits.

School food is unhealthy crap and our kids are fat!

>Here are some healthy school lunch standards

Obama is infringing on my kid's right to eat Sodexo trash!

That didn't happen, but the rules were relaxed when it came to unemployment insurance.

Get rid of welfare sure but when Tyrone and Bubbas family's get hungry expect more crime to happen. Welfare are the bread and games keeping people from becoming truly desperate.

>just a large smack of corn
how is that not child abuse?

>cookies for lunch
seriously amerifats?

I looked it up, it was for unemployment not wellfare
Still the drug money president tho

No. Those photos are obviously staged. Lots of these countries don't even have school meals. The children are forced to go home at lunchtime, or to bring their own food.

I'm the one arguing that there shouldn't be school lunch at all, next time keep better track newfag

How ignorant are you? Lots of children come from poor homes. For some the meal at school is their only large meal of the day.

>The children are forced to go home at lunchtime, or to bring their own food.
that's how it should be
god forbid parents feed their children

Maybe they get desperate enough to get a job, have you considered that?

>parents letting them drink 2L of soda every day
So we should let schools sell soda to them?

I went to one of the best high schools in the country in one of the richest counties in the US and I remember my school had both soda vending machines and a "school store" that sold bottles of Pepsi.

Fuck high school.

Yea how things should be and things are are often two different things in case you weren't aware dipshit.

This seems like complete propaganda, I dobut there is a single kid out there in the entire country who only eats the food they serve at the school

Not that guy but I've worked for a fairly long time with low-income families where this is exactly the case. It's super depressing.

>buying into right wing psyops

Not every person on welfare is unemployed. You're aware unemployment insurance and things like food stamps are two different things right?

Why do Americans consider corn to be a vegetable when it is obviously a grain?

then don't use language like "children are forced" that makes feeding your own children seem like a negative thing, dipshit

Pfft, it's true you fucking mongoloid waste of pretentious shit. It's not propaganda. I came from a city school were kids would came school with black eyes and drug problems since elementary. Shit is fucking crazy fucked up and no one really gives enough of a shit to make a change so we just complain about nothing.

Kids are treated like garbage and parents never take the blame, let alone the pampered school attendants. Some kids are kicked out before they're fucking 18 and parents just disown them and kids are too self-conscious or scared of the legal system to even bother telling anyone, so they end up couch crashing with abusive friends, family, or boyfriends.

Because parents could be sending the kids to school with a healthy meal they could microwave for a minute but Latisha is raising 3 kids by herself because she didn't know any of the parents and she is way too fat and oldto fuck for money anymore and she is tired and she is high half the time and she would rather not feed them than make a massive pot of stew in less than two hours that would be enough to feed them for a week

>feed kids over processed shit for decades
>be surprised when kids dont want to eat actually decent food

Do some research then, instead of talking out of your ass. Plenty of children come from poor or bad homes, due to no fault of their own. They shouldn't be denied food that they depend upon.

>tfw country doesnt offer school lunches

We did have nice free breakfast though

Like maple porridge and toasted bagels with butter or jam or cheese and fruit cups all free

I never said that you dumb nigger.

Why would poor people lie to their social workers?
If they aren't unemployed then why would they get desperate? You are making 0 sense

My wife works at a Catholic charter school that is fed from the Cleveland Public School system and nearly all of the students get free lunch because their families can barely afford food. Some of them definitely only get to eat at school, or very little at home. A bunch of them have drug addicts for parents and have to live with grandparents who are too old to work.

You can say that parents should be able to provide for their children but if they don't or can't that isn't the child's fault.

You think these stoner, delinquent, neckbeards are stupid?
Try someone who never learned how to read or write well into their adulthood because not once in their lives were they ever taught the value and importance of education. All it's ever about is money, drugs, and sex.

That isn't because their parents can't afford to feed them tho
And I still stand by it, there is no way they eat only school cafeteria food, other wise they would get really sick, have an accident and someone in school would report it and a social worker would have a look at it, what do kids eat at school? 400 calories of potatoes? Try to survive on that for a month

Wait a minute,
>let alone the pampered school attendants
Fuck you I'm paid shit compared to literally doing anything else with my degree. The last thing the majority of school employees are is pampered

How old are you? Do you think being employed just fixes everyone's problems and that money isn't an issue anymore? It's painfully obvious you still live at home with your parents if you can't wrap your head around this.

I'm not saying that welfare doesn't need work or anything by the way.

I live next to one, and she's cute as a button.
I grew up with the strongest crush in the world over a girl who could draw anime like a Japanese born animator; and she lived with her rich ass grandparents, drove a mustang convertible, and her father was in prison or some shit when her mother died of drug abuse.
>now she's engaged to some fat, who gives a shit and works in who cares

You seem to not understand how food works

It fixes the nofoods problem at the very least

>If they aren't unemployed then why would they get desperate?
Have you ever tried to live on minimum wage? Then try to support yourself and a child on that.

A lot of schools also provide free breakfasts for these students.

then butt out, i wasnt talking to you, fag

Non-ironically this. They started serving Integral rice, which was fucking awful. Best timeline was 2006-2010.

You're trying to piss us off, and it's working. This isn't random, and we're not nihilists.
Kids are living in squalor, and parents have no idea how to take proper care of kids. Then assholes like Michelle Obama, and the upperclass kids who live nearby and are stuck in the school's districts; their parents, end up making all the fucking rules thinking they know what's best for every child on Earth. As if fixing the school lunches is the solution to malnutrition, and metal detectors and drug dogs are the solution to guns and drugs.

Fuck off if you don't want to relate or bother understanding the real social problems people are facing, rather than that bullshit, trans gender women rights bullshit.

>Can barely afford food
Food can be really cheap, I make soup for ten meals with just potatoes, peas chicken stock, some spices and a little bit of bacon for flavor, it's so inexpensive it's funny, I make a massive pot in under one hour and I can freeze it and reheat it no problem. I eat it with a couple rolls of bread, why can't parents do the same?

You're clueless. Millions of children go hungry and are starving in the US. They do get sick, and suffer with malnutrition. It's widespread. Do some research.

>first world problems

You mean two minimun wages right?

>Food can be really cheap
>what are food deserts

And you're not taking into account things like paying for rent.

Non-Americans of Veeky Forums, post your typical school lunch.

Sweet child, you have no clue how the world really functions.
Here is a simplified as fuck version, when you have to pay rent, utilities and food, but only have enough money for 2, barely. Which do you think is the one most people skimp on?

You should check the integrity of whoever is feeding you this false information, people are only that poor in third world countries and j mean the low end
Homeless people eat so much they develop diabetes and you want me to think there are kids out there dragging themselves to school for some tatter tots

If I alone was only making twice minimum wage I'd barely be able to afford my own expenses (and I'm frugal as fuck) where I'm at now much less throwing a kid into the mix.

Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and abuse and neglect. What is so fucking difficult for you to understand? These parents have no idea how easy it is for the law to come in and intervene, and neither do the children. but it's the children who are afraid of tales about how terrible some foster parents are, or they're scared of losing their biological families and it's fucking terrifying to imagine that. To imagine, that your parents want nothing to do with you, and will hurt and starve you because they just don't fucking care and no one can touch them because even THEY come from dysfunctional, abusive, non-existent families...

a lot of times these kids only have one parent. One of my wife's students had a mother in jail because she tried to murder her husband by running him over with a car. Another just had a dad OD because opioids are ravaging the country especially among lower income whites.

Sometimes the kids get taken away from the parents and have to live with the grandparent(s) and survive on social security.

>Bagged milk
Leaf

From school lunches to niggers in two posts.

/pol/ really has ruined this place.

I started high school in 2008, and the food only got better during those 4 years. The shit they served in elementary and middle school was absolute trash.

We didn't even have school launches.

>Slices of mango on top left
Has to be from some Desi or Pakistan school.

Lots of these parents are uneducated, have issues, or simply don't care. The world isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

Obviously the ideal is that children come from good homes, and are adequately fed and looked after. But life isn't a Disney movie.

The idea that school meals should be removed is insane, and would lead to the suffering and potential deaths of millions of children.

Nobody starves to death in the us unless it's a girl trying to get a thousand likes on a Facebook picture

Again, this comes right back to the parents. The school isn't handing out bottles of coke at lunch, if the kids have the money to buy soda then they got it from their parents, who are once again to blame.
Stop expecting public institutions to be the ones to raise kids, and start holding shitty parents accountable.

Those are peaches, you fucking retard.

Those aren't mango tard. They're sliced peaches stored and served in high fructose corn syrup