Can anyone give my instructions to cook a god ribeye? Just bought one today intending to try it

Can anyone give my instructions to cook a god ribeye? Just bought one today intending to try it.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2013/07/the-food-lab-flip-your-steaks-and-burgers-multiple-times-for-better-results.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>meat
>oil
>rub
>salt
>rub
>pepper
>rub
>pan
>heat
>sear
>flip
>sear
>rest
>eat

needs more flipping.

Not sure but it might be a bad idea to cook god.

>more flipping
Hope thats bait
Only rookies flip more than once

>he hasn't read a book on modernist cooking

>salting and peppering before heat
you will be beatin for this

I do similar. I dont have a grill so I use my oven and a cast iron pan. Oven to 500, put cast iron in oven to get it hot. Stove to high put pan on, sear 30 seconds on each side. Pan + steak to oven, still at 500. Cook ~4 minutes, flip, 4 more minutes (time depends on thickness of steak, remove when internal temp is 135F). Rest steak in foil covered plate for 10 minutes, cut across the grain serve immediately.

seriouseats.com/2013/07/the-food-lab-flip-your-steaks-and-burgers-multiple-times-for-better-results.html

Brush both sides with clarified butter. Heat a cast iron griddle pan to extreme temperature. Sear meat on one side for 2-3 minutes. Flip. Season with freshly grated black pepper and salt. Sear another 2-3 minutes. Flip again but turn steak 45 degrees. Season. 2-3 minutes. Flip again, add some pure butter to the pan, and cook for a final 2-3 minutes, while basting with burnt butter. Remove from pan, and rest for 5-10 minutes.

Forms a better crust that way

Salt the night before (or at least 40minutes before cooking)
heat up cast iron pan to smoking
add canola oil
toss in steak
flip every 30 seconds
before it's cooked through add butter to the pan
baste flip baste flip
add aromatic herbs garlic
baste flip baste flip
remove from pan and let rest
season with maldon/fluer de sel
enjoy stek

Don't forget to cut off the fatty parts. They add unnecessary calories.

Why the fuck would you trust anyone with that many names?

he's easy to link to. You should really read herold mcgee, though.

>let the meat come up to room temperature
>salt and pepper on both sides if thick enough
>let it rest for like 30 minutes to an hour
>roast in a 225ish degree oven for ~45 minutes
>oil a cast iron or stainless steel skillet and sear for a minute
>flip it and add seasonings and butter to the skillet
>baste both sides
>let the steak rest for a few minutes after removing it from heat

Enjoy.

Reverse-sear is the best method besides grilling it.

>grated pepper
> cooking for 12 minutes

You missed out your ketchup step you fat American fuck

This is a winner

if you fuck a steak up then thats your own fault

Jesus at the answers in this thread. OP the perfect steak is simple. Let your steak come to room temp. Salt and pepper. Let your cast iron skillet get hotter than hellfire. Sear 2 minutes on both sides. Drop one tablespoon butter onto steak. Move skillet to oven pre heated to 425. Cook another 3 minutes. Rest steak on cutting board before serving. Wa fucking la.

Why are you telling this man how to overcook a steak?

Put the salt on before oiling the meat. Salt bonds with the proteins in the meat, and helps keap the meat moist while cooking it. If you need salt in the rub, put some extra salt on the meat first.

That's the first of many, I can already tell.