How do you make the perfect soft-boiled egg? Every time I try to follow instructions online...

How do you make the perfect soft-boiled egg? Every time I try to follow instructions online, the shell sticks to the white, making it nearly impossible to peel. The white is also not cooked right, usually not cooked enough. What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GPFHv5SKbZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unlike with hard boiled eggs, you want to add the eggs to already boiling water.

I feel like I've done this, but I'm not certain because it's been awhile since I've tried. What heat and how long do you cook them for?

the water should be simmering decently well, but not at a full boil. Cook for 3-6 minutes. At 3 minutes the whites are still pretty soft, at 5 it's pretty much perfect, and at 7 the yolk starts to set.

Immediately transfer the hot eggs to a bowl of ice water.

The thermal shock will help loosen the shells.

bring to room temp before cooking? don't boil straight from fridge?

Thanks for the tips, anons, gonna try all this and post my results on here tomorrow. Wish me luck kek

When the egg sticks to the shell its an indication that the egg is fresh.

I usually just buy mine from the convenience store.

I hard boil my own but the soft-boiled or half-boiled ones from the konbini are perfection everytime...

This looks awesome but lazy

Hard boiled eggs are better. Once the water is up to a boil, like like 5 or 6 them bitches in there for 10 minutes.

Heres your (you)

"The dish is prepared by first soaking the eggs in the urine of young boys. The urine is sourced locally by each vendor. Then, the mixture is heated over a stove."

Electric Pressure cooker , I have an instant pot, 1 cup of water, 2 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice bath after quick release. They peel super easy and if you want them more done, do 3 minutes. Experiment, 5 is hard boiled.

Everything more then 5 minutes is ruined.

I miss konbini
I miss waking up at 3am and walking outside 30 meters for delicious crispy 1$ fried chicken/pork

Fuck, family Mart is pretty much my front yard

Where's 1m and 2m at

the trash

Nigger doesn't like quality egg

Add a half cup of vinegar to the water it will make the eggs easier to peel.

it depends on how you cook it. Usually, cold start takes longer than hot start

>bring water to boil
>drop eggs in
>bring temp down to simmer
>leave in for 5 minutes
>drain, run cool water over them while peeling

I should se this technique, around six minutes, and it’s never let me down

youtu.be/GPFHv5SKbZ4

> the shell sticks to the white, making it nearly impossible to peel.
Shock them in an icewater bath.

As for the whites not being quite done right, use the same boiling method that you initially chose, but just leave it in for maybe 30 seconds longer than you were instructed. See how that went, and adjust the cooking time again. It's basically trial and error, until you get it just right for your setup. Whenever I move, I have to play the "how the fucks do I even soft-boil an egg right in this place?" game. You'll get better at it with experience.

remember to take elevation into account. Being significantly higher that sea level fucks cook time

Make sure your eggs are old enough to peel well.
Add salt and vinegar to the water.
Bring water up to a rolling boil.
Tightly cover and take off the heat.
Let sit for 5 minutes.
Peel under cold running water, it will flow under the skin and help with separation.

I’ve heard putting a table spoon of baking soda in the water helps making them easier to peel.