Books you read as a kid and you just cant find anywhere

-One about some kids that have to survive the night against a creature thats related to sound, an owl helps them.
-One about a girl who is the guardian of some creatures inside a coffin, she has to feed them and shit, her mother abandoned and she eventually discovers she is half mermaid or something like that.
-One extremely creepy and weird short story about a little girl who hates her teacher, written in letters.
-One about an adopted kid with breathing problems who opens a door to the beyond, where he can turn into a bird. There is a demon who wants to trap him there.

What books do you remember you read but cant find anywhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

mashabear.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't find Swiss Robinsons Family book, but found it thanks to Veeky Forums! Thank you very much for that guys.

No idea what you're are op.

I read this book like 10 times at least when I was a kid, but I remember it started falling apart and my mother (or maybe me when I got older) threw it out.
It was about a kid that got sore because he ate something bad I think. He was in bed and some doctor was running around him or some shit. This blond dude (he was on a cover) visited him and basically took him onto a journey through his own body and explained the basics; how a heart works, what happens with the food after you eat and how the body processes it. It was quite informative and fun. There was a plane on the cover as well I think and the blond dude was wearing a scarf.

There were these books about teddy bears who all hung out and did stuff, there was this one where on the cover one of them was sleeping on a crescent moon and it was about them all floating into space in their dreams.
I looked everywhere for it but can't find it.

just get high and watch this mashabear.com/

>generic fantasy setting
>protag kid travels there from real world I think
>one scene where he stumbles across female companion bathing in river
>book ends after fight in an arena, they travel to icy location

anyone know about a fantasy children's book, where these people travel from a fantasy world to I think London? to find the king/prince of their fantasy world, only they confuse the real prince with a chubby mean kid
there's will-o-the-wisps in the book, and baby seal creatures that have soothing breath

One where a guy exploring what seems to be a lifeless planet actually has a complex ecology in the "water" except it's not really life as we know it, it's more like the water is a mass of computronium that's running a sort of naturally-formed evolution simulation. I think it's probably something by van Vogt.

nvm, I found it, called the Secret of Platform 13

It was a book about strange happenings at an elementary school (NOT Wayside School). Only story I remember was about a Janitor who mixed chalk dust and apple cores and other school-related items to craft an essence of the new school year or something like that. Really strange book, but I enjoyed it.

Isnt that Solaris? The huge planet who just sorta fucks with the investigators.

Nah, it had a really different vibe to it. I see the similarities though. I think it was just one planet in a number that the main character visited, a bit like Vogt's Space Beagle book, but not quite the same.

There was this one book about some tea made from peas which made you younger, and this group of people needed to steal it back. I'm also pretty sure it had a cross-dresser in it as well. It had a title like "wicked" or "rotten".

>Janitor who mixed chalk dust and apple cores and other school-related items to craft an essence of the new school year or something like that
Did he do this without receiving any financial compensation for his efforts?

About 15 years ago I read a very kid-friendlycreepy and well written vampire book, about a child vampire. I can't remember how the plot went anymore, but it was very immersive and fun.
But just after a couple of years from reading it I couldn't find it anymore. Only this "The Little Vampire" shit comes up, but it's not any of them.

The one about the girl and the creatures bothers me a lot. I loved it and it seems it is completely unknown. I wonder what the author is doing right now.

I was something like twelve or thirteen when I read a book about a Greek boy during the occupation of Greece in the World War II. I think he joined the resistance or at least some of his relatives did, and his uncle, or some other relative, was killed in the book. I haven't been able to find that book again.

Another book I managed to find when my father died last year and I emptied his apartment. I just remembered that the main character was some kind of an animal and he was imprisoned by an evil wizard who had "guardian birds" in his castle and that the main character tried to escape by digging a tunnel. That book was Christina Andersson's "Tygtigern Lukas äventyr" or "Leikkitiikeri Luukas" in Finnish.

last one you said reminds me of another novel i read as a kid. It was about an adopted kid with asthma who discovered a door to the afterlife on his room. Then on the otherworld he turned into a bird and there was this demon who was a white lion who trapped birds (souls) in cages, the birdkid discovered his biological parents were trapped in there, etc. I dont remember much more.

Heh, the "Tiger Lucas" book actually has the evil wizard (who flies a golden airship) capturing and turning animals of the forest into statues for his garden and storing their souls in cupboards in his castle!

After searching for hours i finally found the second book. Its "The Folk Keeper". Quite different than i remembered but im certain its that one.

And the last one is "The Adopted Room". Im so fucking happy.

Read a book in HS called (in French) Pour dix dollars ( translates to : For ten dollars).

Told the story of some kid who steals the nearby Church alms money to buy himself a bike. The amount is exactly 10 dollars ; a large sum for the time period. However, his bike gets stolen in return and now he's stuck with the task of reimbursing the stolen money. The novel, from what I can remember, is about him begging for money and doing odd tasks around the town to earn ten dollars and so, his pardon.

Probably not that good of book, but it left a strong impression on me.

??? all books are written in letters

This book about a male protag in his little village and people start being crazy and dying and it had this portrait of skeletons and shit during a harvest and it turned out the hops for the local beer were poisoned and causing all the calamity

Two amazing books on disease...one was mostly about the black plague and the other had plague, AIDS, leprosy, and a couple others I think...the fist book also talked about how Jews were blamed for the plague calling it "the first Holocaust"

OK I think it might be The Day of St. Anthony's Fire.