Tell me Veeky Forums, what's your favorite tea

Tell me Veeky Forums, what's your favorite tea.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Electric-Glass-Kettle-temperature-illumination/dp/B076F45KCS/
amazon.co.uk/Amzdeal-Electric-Temperature-Stainless-Protection/dp/B076WRF4YL/
amazon.co.uk/Bonavita-Variable-Temperature-Digital-Electric/dp/B00CDRS0BO/
irishtimes.com/news/consumer/why-we-get-a-better-cup-in-ireland-than-all-the-tea-in-china-1.1949600
amazon.com/Epica-6-Temperature-Variable-Stainless-Cordless/dp/B01G7OL9ZW
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/HHesBE36
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm all about dat Earl Gray. I wish the name wasn't so feminine and gay sounding though. Green tea supposedly has the best health benefits.

Keemun is my favorite. I used to travel Anhui province for work and get this stuff. Not sure where to order it online, but I might give in and try to find some soon.

Black Peurh but my favorite cake is no longer available; so I've been chewing on some other samples.

BuiLoChun silvertips has been a recent favorite though.

I like vanilla blacks and Irish Breakfast.

Lately ive been drinking strawberry magic and grandma's sweet blueberry pie tea.

1 - Assam
2 - Earl Grey
3 - Yorkshire tea with milk and 4 teaspoons of sugar

A high oxidation medium toast Oolong. God tier.

As far as ACTUAL tea, it's oolong followed by gunpowder

Yerba Mate and other various herbs are even better than real tea though

Lots of tieguanyin and earl grey with lavender lately

Gyokuro

>gunpowder
That's not even a type of tea, It just means the leaves are rolled up. It's like saying your favorite tea is brick or loose leaf.

(green) gunpowder has always tasted stronger to me than loose or bagged. the physical form has an effect on how it's brewed and therefore has an effect on its flavor

The balls unwrap in the water. I don't think it really has as much an effect on flavor as you think. More likely is poorer quality leaves are used for gunpowder compared to loose leaf. Still better than most bagged tea which is essentially shake.

Nigger im a tea snob and i dont feel like getting in a fucking argument over this. Just let it go now.

Lapsang souchong

chinese jasmine tea

the ultra spicy indian shit with milk and honey
fuckin delicious

gunpowder with a drop of milk to make it cloudy

What's a good after dinner tea? Something fairly full and comfy.

tchaï tea

tea tea

Red bush. No caffeine so it's nice for after your evening meal.

Harney and Son's Dragon Pearl Jasmine.

fag fag

:3c love you too

Is Ahmad Tea any good, as far as "mainstream" supermarket brands go?

Actual tea: Darjeeling
"Tea": Spearmint

Perfectly decent everyday tea when you don't feel like paying too much attention to the brewing process. The same cannot be said about lipton

yeah, my choice is pretty much ether Ahmad/Lipton/Twinings or 3-4 more local brands that are pretty meh(aside for herbal teas, they are bretty good)since thats more or less what they sell in every supermarket around here unless i go to some special tea place.
I bought 1 pack of green tea, 1 pack of earl gray and 1 pack of fruit flavored green tea by Ahmad a few days ago and so far im enjoying it way more than Lipton/Twinings

A dessert tea or something for digestion and sleepiness?

№ 1 - Yorkshire Gold; strong brewed, with 2 sugars and a light splash of milk
№ 2 - Earl Grey
№ 3 - Matcha (properly made)
№ 4 - Peppermint "tea"
№ 5 - Chamomile, for when I'm sleepy

Rooibos (Red Bush), or various herbal teas are delicious, and great for after-dinner tea.

Go for hibiscus or fruity flavoured tea if you feel like you want something sweet.

> tfw brit and you have a thread you know you'll get into an argument about

You guys know tisane is a word, right? And that herbal tea is an accepted phrase, even if it's not fully accurate?

I can't see myself using tisane ever. Also yeah, but I feel the need to distinguish between tea and herbal "tea"

>I wish the name wasn't so feminine and gay sounding though

It's literally named after a dude.

>You guys know tisane is a word, right?
Yeah, but I was too high to remember it when I posted.

>And that herbal tea is an accepted phrase, even if it's not fully accurate?
I was just making the distinction because people here get all autistic about the word "tea".

> Earl Grey
> feminine and gay

You either can't google or are American.
It's after an English politician who made great contributions to England and the world

earl gray more like GIRL GAY amirite? ;)

>he is stupid so American
We have a massive population that is very diverse; and there's no guarantee that he's one of us.

I have never known a man, or woman, to insult a person for enjoying any style of tea. Tea is fairly popular across the US. So unless it's a deep-south or Texas thing, or he's a random-rare jackass...

Roasted burdock root

> Tea is fairly popular across the US.
As an Englishman this makes me very proud. Glad to see your lot are becoming more civilised

> We have a massive population that is very diverse; and there's no guarantee that he's one of us.

That is true, my apologies

>Glad to see your lot are becoming more civilised
Don't kid yourself. Most popular consumption is filled to the brim with sugar or honey. Most of what isn't is shitty blends filled with fruit. What remains after those two is just good old tea, and it's like 5% of the market.

>drinking tea = civilized
>mfw india

> Don't kid yourself.
I'm already depressed

> Most popular consumption is filled to the brim with sugar or honey. Most of what isn't is shitty blends filled with fruit.
So tea for people who hate tea/themselves

> What remains after those two is just good old tea, and it's like 5% of the market.
Sad, 95% of your market is rubbish. I'm so sorry
Giving those poor sods their independence was a mistake.

Any recommendations on a nice, but not too expensive electric kettle with temperature settings for green, oolong, etc and maybr an option to keep the water at that temp.

amazon.co.uk/Electric-Glass-Kettle-temperature-illumination/dp/B076F45KCS/
amazon.co.uk/Amzdeal-Electric-Temperature-Stainless-Protection/dp/B076WRF4YL/
amazon.co.uk/Bonavita-Variable-Temperature-Digital-Electric/dp/B00CDRS0BO/

These are all very good, of course, I don't know where you live so I can't make the best judgements. Also, keep in mind that voltages are different in other countries.

Yeah I'm located in the US

Advice still applies, it just may take longer for your tea to reach whatever temp you set.

Being from England, I always felt odd for not liking tea. Then I went on a trip to Asia and started drinking loose leaf green and black tea without milk and sugar and realised I actually do like tea, just not the shit most people in England drink. People in these Asian countries are always going on about how English people are tea experts, you'll even see tea marketing itself as from England as a sign of quality. I have to explain to them that English people don't know anything about tea, we only drink black tea from teabags loaded with milk and sugar.

I was born in Vegas but parents are asian and I grew up drinking plain green tea. Absolutely horrified when I tasted tea with milk and sugar. Seriously wtf :/

irishtimes.com/news/consumer/why-we-get-a-better-cup-in-ireland-than-all-the-tea-in-china-1.1949600

Fuck, I need to start drinking tea again.

I remember being a 15 year old edgelord and spending at least 50 bucks at o-cha every month. The tea was fucking good, though.

Lipton black tea or green. I had some orange peel flavoured tea once, I think it was Lipton as well and I got Bali belly. I think.
If I make tea and instead of filling my cup up with boiling water I put 50/50 boiling water and tap water, will that lesson the flavour? Since it's not steeping as long. Or not really

I'd only have tea with milk/sugar if I'm in a hurry to drink it. Otherwise no. I have a lot of loose leaf black tea (Prince of Wales, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, and English breakfast)

This. Patrician selection.

This is the one I have. amazon.com/Epica-6-Temperature-Variable-Stainless-Cordless/dp/B01G7OL9ZW

Oh I've been using an electric kettle for a long while and time isn't an issue, I just want one that has different temperature settings beyond boiling so I don't have to try and guess what temp the water is at.

Anyone post the stickies? I faintly remember readin a teaspoon per 100ml of water. The tea I made was stupid strong and I couldn’t even drink more than 2 sips.

Trying to figure out the proper way

Pastebins*

Those sorts of measurements are for eastern style brewing, which also involves only steeping for a couple seconds at a time. Ideally, weigh out the tea leaves, as well. I don't have the pastebins, but I have this chart.

Can't beat a neat meat tea, mate.

Meh I’ll wait till the oastebins get posted. I don’t want to me with grams and shot I don’t have a scale

"fine tea" and "gunpowder" is an oxymoron. and I like gunpowder.

rn I mostly drink chinese greens and thai oolongs. loving that ding dong (no homo)

you are clearly not a tea snob you pretentious dicksucking fag, because that user is right, the tea used for gunpowder is usually very low quality. also the wrapping technique adds fucking nothing in terms of taste, it just looks good. you are dismissed.

hahahahahahaha good grief americans are fucked in the head. this nigger doesnt have a scale. jesus christ

that is a very good general guide, also china life has some bomb ass tea, sadly its relatively expensive

I'm an amerilard and the only other people I know who have a scale are serious bread makers of which there aren't a large number at least in my circlejerk group of acquaintances. Is it really common for yurotards to have scales other than as a replacement for skin?

its common for literally anyone on this planet aside from burgers. weighing things can be useful, you know

but you seem like a cool dude so ill stop riding ur dick

I get a kilo bag of this at a nearby grocer for a little over $10. I tried the Cruz de Malta and found it is less stong/bitter. I think the stems in the Argentine brands are merely for adding weight to the product to cut corners and save money selling it on the market.
I'm also curious as to what the Paraguayan brands are like. I hear they're very strong and bitter and are meant to be drank cold. The Brazilian types aren't smoked like the ones produced for Platine countries are.

>Not drinking your meat tea with milk
Sauvage.

Are those anything like granny's peach tea?

Earl Grey, hot.

Do people really drink Earl Grey cold?

I hope not

Sometimes I have it with garlic roux. I'm a visionary.

Computer. Lemon Leaf-Water. Ice Cold.

what?!

chkd

I get my fat gf to lower her labia into a freshly boiled mug of water. Leave it there to stew for a few minutes, and then get her to fart into the mug also. I call it cuntea.

Numi Gunpowder Green bagged Tea. Numi uses full tea leaves for their green tea.
Tazo Earl Gray and Earl Grey Blanc. No other earl grey tea i’ve tried has come close.

Why does this sound like weed

I’m sipping on Whispering Pine’s Golden Orchid this morning. One of my top favorites. It’s like sipping on sweet honey and vanilla.

Harney’s Earl Grey Supreme is really good.

Black: lapsang souchong
White: baihao yinzhen
Green: jungjak

Is Chamomile an acceptable choice?

Matcha latte, irish breakfast, earl grey, golden monkey, taro milk tea (w/wo boba)

East India Company Earl Grey

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Yes

For a tisane yes

Please leave this thread, not even anything resembling tea.

You retard.

Hurr durr the leaves are in a ball so it's stronger.

Never breed.

It's almost as if balling up the leaves makes them really compact so there's more leaves per serving or something, jeeze

sometimes I like to make ice tea with earl grey

> ice tea
> with earl grey

>english tea
>civilization
most englishmen don't have a clue what tea looks like, let alone how it tastes like
they're all about dust from real tea processing, stored in individual packets, drank with milk

get informed yo
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

there's only one general info pastebin, continuously updated by who cares, than one about chink tea toxicity, here's that one as well pastebin.com/HHesBE36

You're at Harney & Sons, what do you buy?

Jasmine Pearls

Paris & Jasmine Pearls

earl grey with a little lapsang souchong mixed in