Can we have a thread about pies that isn't entirely shitposting?

Can we have a thread about pies that isn't entirely shitposting?

I've been having issues trying to get a good apple pie filling that isn't watery as fuck. I've used a fuckton of pectin so far and that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. My latest batch was

>24 apples
>2 packets of gelatin pectin
>a few cups of sugar

And it was still watery as fuck. What am I doing wrong?

Did you remove the water from the apples?

I can't tell if this is shit posting

My apple pies need only 5-6 granny smith apples and 1/2 cup sugar.

Are you sure you aren't making apple sauce?

>pectin
Gross, slimy, 1950s nightmare food tier apple pie style

Thin slices and let gravity hold it together

Try following a recipe.

What?

I was making multiple pies.

>I was making multiple pies.
Did you adjust the ingredients? Are you sure you didn't just fuck it up?

It's always a possibility. Is there a ratio of pectin/apples I should follow?

Whatever the recipe tells you to use.

Copycat the best pie to ever exist.

stay away from pectin. what is your recipe?

6-8 apples
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
1 pack of pectin
cinnamon to taste

i think your problem is too much sugar.

i follow the pillsbury french apple tart recipe and it is never watery

layer of apple slices, bit of sugar and cinnamon, next layer of apple slices, sugar and cinnamon, repeat

if u insist on quartering apple slices, half your sugar

That's a list of ingredients, not a recipe.

I'll try this

I then bake it at 350 in the oven in a pre-baked crust for about an hour

make your own crust if you can. it is easy and tasty

let us know how it goes

That part I got down pretty well. Using vodka also helps a LOT. Like a fraction of a shots worth is all you need. It's just the filling I'm struggling with.

>Pies
>Pudding
Go be a fat black lesbian in a wheelchair some place else.

oh i see. i misread and thought you said a pre made (store bought) crust

good luck in the kitchen :)

My grandmother makes apple pies by throwing all the ingredients in the crust and putting it in the oven. They always come out not watery but with crisp apples and I fucking hate crisp apples in pie. The one and single time I've made apple pie myself it was Dutch style and it required me to cook the apples a bit on the stove with the sugar and spices to soften the apples a bit and make the sauce instead of letting it do it's own thing in the oven.

It was pretty fucking tasty but this was probably a decade ago so I don't have a recipe. Usually if I'm feeling like pie I go with chocolate. Apples are more expensive than a bag of dark chocolate chips and besides that I prefer chocolate desserts to fruit desserts.

I'm trying to find a good one on my own, using several as reference. I'm on a quest to find a good apple pie recipe on my own. Yeah, it's re-inventing the wheel but idgaf. I want my own pie.

Thats good. The only thing I've ever done is sub some of the baking soda for powder in the nestle tollhouse recipe.

Grandma has her own chocolate chip cookie cookie recipe that she perfected. The one time I asked her for she told me to just look up any recipe because "theyre all pretty much the same." I think she just didnt want to hunt it down.

>Can we have a thread about pies that isn't entirely shitposting?
Post your favorite pie.

For me it has to be homemade pumpkin pie made with actual pumpkins, none of that canned shit.

try letting it cool down all the way before you cut into it. fruit pies have to cool usually or they'll be runny. the pectin from the fruit needs to set.

macerate the apples prior and toss with some sort of starch so what liquid comes out turns to gel at baked temperature.

is starch a starch or can I expect different effects from using corn vs tapioca starch?

i use cornstarch

You know how you get that custard like consistency with the pecan pie recipe on the back of the karo corn syrup bottle? Try using that recipe sibstituting apples for pecans and work from there.