Why don't Americans peel their potatoes? I haven't seen a more lazy cook than a American

Why don't Americans peel their potatoes? I haven't seen a more lazy cook than a American.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on the dish but sometimes it's tasty

Because it isn't always appropriate to peel a potato.

Red or yukon gold potatoes have a tender, tasty, appealingly-colored skin, and work very well with skin on in stews, roasts, mashed potato and potato salad. Also, I'd never remove the skin for a baked potato. Nor for roast potatoes, unless I'm doing British-style roasties.

>British-style roasties
>remove the skin
You are an absolute fucking retard. Stupid American piece of shit, fucking kill yourself.

RENT FREE

not even american but stay obsessed friendo

Because the potato skin is fucking delicious, you cricket playing bitch

Not russets though.

Most people I know remove the skin for mashed potatoes, some prefer to leave it on. Also don't tell us how to cook potatoes, it's our food.

We're smart enough to wash our fucking vegetables so we can eat the outside too.

But the skins don't taste bad and have vitamins or whatever. Why remove them unless you're going for a specific texture they don't work with?

Because we are busy being OBSESSED with other things like freedom and carpet bombing towel heads

>We don't do it because it doesn't taste bad! Not cause we're lazy or stupid

Exactly

>carpet bombing towel heads
you mean sucking Isreals uncut 4" cock?

*OBESED
ftfy

The skin on many kinds of potatoes is delicious, and they're full of nutrients. It also adds color and texture to dishes that would otherwise be homogenous in them. You faggot.
>Israel
>Uncut

imagine being a yurofat who spends EVERY waking hour obsessing over what people in the US do

just imagine that, and you can't help but laugh at their pathetic existence

wow

>shits himself in the grocery store on regular basis
>why is everyone looking at me?

>ftfy
nope. you ruined it.
god damn eurofags

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

O B E S E
B
E
S
E

thouroughly obsessed.

You. Will. Never. Be. American. Rip that bandaid off now.

Kek

Gonna make some french fries tomorrow, should I peel the potatoes or keep the skin?

I would keep replying to you after this but I'm sure your america folder is several gb large.

Large folder
Large people

Who are you quoting and why is their English so poor?

>Who are you quoting
Keep that shit in /jp/, weeb.

The skin has the vitamins and I need the vitamins to get fat. Duh

>Vitamins make you fat
the absolute state of yuro education

>leaving the skin on for mashed potatoes?
You can't possibly be serious.

I legitimately didn't even know it originally came from /jp/, I used to see it on /v/ and /co/ all the time

Not American, but why would I want to throw away perfectly good food?

it wasn't memes, it was blacks
laundry detergent is one of the most shoplifted items there is. It has a higher street value than drugs

Merican here. We leave the skins on mostly because we are lazy. There are reasons to leave them on sometimes but we do it mostly because we are lazy.

I leave the skin on the ones from my garden where I'm certain no industrial chemicals were used on them, but I peel those from the grocery.

Too busy cutting their crusts and throwing out pizza crusts

All the nutrients are in the skin.
If you don't eat the skin your a pussy

The vitamins you dumbdumb

Skins taste good faggot.

It takes longer and the skins taste good anyways.

Keep the skin, but cut them thin.

its not that it doesn't taste bad its that it tastes good.

>potato skin is literally poisonous
>murifats can into using tools even a monkey could

What are you memeing you fucking dumbass
You can eat potato skins perfectly fine even if they are green

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanine

>Article says it can occur in ANY part of the plant
>You have to be an idiot who leaves their potatoes out in the sun for it to develop

Let me guess, you're just pretending to be retarded.

>There are people who don't like the delicious flavor of potato skins in their mashed potatoes

Worse that Sardine Posters.