I hate spending money on tools that I know I'll have to toss out one day

I hate spending money on tools that I know I'll have to toss out one day.

What is a good nonstick pan that will never lose its nonstick properties with proper care? Is there even such a thing or is it just the nature of the beast?

>inb4 cast iron

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1BCfjbne3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cast iron

Have tried it all. Paderno pans are the best for price and quality.

If you're not stupid enough to put metal or rough wood in it; see if you can find a T-Fal. They act like a heavy steel pan but are non-stick and don't seem to lose the coat unless you're damned stupid with it.

I lucked out and found one at a bargain shop for 2 dollars. People sell of ridiculous kitchenware at those sorts of stores; antique and modern,

You're speaking as if I don't know how to treat nonstick surfaces.

I never use metal utensils or abrasive pads or even put my nonstick skillets in the dishwasher. I always use wooden or silicone spatulas and wash with a sponge. They always get fucked over time.

I've had my $40 Tefal non-stick pan for 3 years of regular use. The coating isn't coming off and it's still non-stick, I could probably fry an egg in it with no oil.

I've got Williams Sonoma Calphalon Elite non-stick pans--advertised as capable of withstanding metal utensils. Don't fall for the meme like I did: they're scratched as fuck and slowly giving me Alzheimer's.

But honestly OP, it's probably because I ruined them by whisking salty liquids.

This
It takes a while to build seasoning but once it's there it remains forever with proper care and maintenance.

Youre acting as if you dont knownhow to treat nonstick pans.

If youre not scraping them up then you are either overheating the pans or buying completely crappy ones.

Thinking of getting a large cast iron pan but am currently short on space. Can I actually store it in the oven (even when using the oven) or is that just a meme that will damage the seasoning?

Ive had a ceramic pan for a few years of regular use with no issues, but its mainly just for over-easy eggs and omlettes

FUCKING WASTED

BASED EGGPOSTER

youtube.com/watch?v=r1BCfjbne3s

>Ceramic
Two nice gets

you were supposed to say niggers.

noice

FUCK YOU

you fucking faggot

ceramic pans are for over-easy eggs and omlettes. the digits are LAW

Well it could have been worse..

what do you have against cast iron? properly maintained it will last literally generations

SHUT YOUR FUCKING COCKSUCKER AND CHECK THEM! CERAMIC PANS ARE FOR OVER EASY EGGS AND OMLETTES!

>muricans season their pan instead of their food

>Europeons suck farts out of homeless disabled children and think Oasis is better than the Beatles.

*deep frying intesifies*
>wa la perfect pan just use enough canola oil

>CERAMIC PANS ARE FOR OVER EASY EGGS AND OMLETTES!
it was written

Using them propwely, la creuset will last a decade or more, but if you usr metal tools itll damage it

You can store it in the oven even when its in use. Just oil it up when youre using itfor long periods of time

Drink Fiji bottled water regularly to remove aluminum from your body. It is one of the few bottled waters that has silica in it and silica is what helps your body excrete aluminum. Food can lids also mostly contain aluminum, so when you cut open your cans, some aluminum drops into your food.

Damn.

Eggs confirmed for chad breakfast

Kill yourself

Eggs confirmed patrician.

Seven 9s. What a waste.

how has no one mentioned carbon steel yet? Seasons like cast iron at a fraction of the weight. Eggs dance off mine

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

Well, looks like I have to buy ceramic now.

I JUST WANTED A DISCUSSION ABOUT NICHE USES FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF NONSTICK PANS, I DIDNT WANT THESE DIGITS.

MY (YOU)S ARENT EVEN WORKING.

THAT'S A LOT OF NINES user!

I have a small pan I cook nothing but gentle things in and it's still in good shape after about four years, just baby it as much as the cast iron pans and it'll be fine.

I hate ceramic pans.

They aren't nonstick like teflon.

Check em

Paderno is great bang for your buck. And if anyone cares, I believe they're made in Canada.

This.
While I prefer cast iron for it's heat retention. Carbon steel is the next best thing. Lighter and thinner than cast iron and it can be seasoned. Carbon steel is commonly used in restaurants.

What a day to be alive

>What is a good nonstick pan that will never lose its nonstick properties with proper care?
Doesn't exist. The best will need to be replaced after 2 years of regular use.

Cast iron isn't nonstick. It's cast iron. Nonstick doesn't require a ton of fat to keep food from sticking.

You don't understand how cast iron works do you?

holy shit dude

Witnessed.
It is spoken: ceramic pans it is

9+9+9+9+9+9+9=63

6+3=9

NEIN!!

Fuuuuuck

i just buy some middle tier Tefal for like 25-30 euros and it usually lasts me for at least 5-6 years.
I think my last one would've lasted me even longer, but my retarded ex gf thought its a good idea to make her breakfast with metal tools and scratched the shit out of it

Nonstick is carcinogenic. NEVER use one under any circumstances. Not even once. And avoid eating anywhere that does use one.

Don't mind me just looking for

Actually good get

On topic gets are best gets. Ceramic pans confirmed for best pans.

bruh i have a ceramic pan and hate making eggs with it
it comes out all plasticky

His numerals beat yours though.

checked. buying ceramic pan now.

Brb getting a ceramic pan

In professional use you’re lucky to get a month out of a nonstick pan. Granted they get beat to fuck like everything in a restaurant kitchen but the stainless we have can last a couple years which is approximately 2.5 lifetimes in a home setting

Don't use fucking metal utensils on nonstick pans.

God, how fucking hard is it to use your brain.

> You will never have a nonstick pan last more than a year without getting scratched to all hell.

>Non-stick

Non-stick sucks. Get a high quality pan. All-Clad d5, use silicone/wood on it. Should last you fucking forever.

Looks like I'm in the market for ceramic pans. What kind should I get?

Yeah good luck making perfect eggs without them cooking on a lake of oil with a stainless skillet.

Nonstick is an essential component of any kitchen.

not him, but I don't, so how?

never mind

>In a properly seasoned cast iron pan, one that has been rubbed with oil and heated repeatedly, the oil has already broken down into a plastic-like substance that has bonded to the surface of the metal. This is what gives well-seasoned cast iron its non-stick properties, and as the material is no longer actually an oil, the surfactants in dish soap should not affect it.

hope you got rid of it immediately after she did that

>ceramic pan
How delicate are these? Do I absolutely have to use a silicon spatula?
Can I clean it with steel wool, or even a scourer sponge?

Yes, I do.

And you don't use a large helping of oil, shit sticks to it.

Do you know how "nonstick" works? Hint: minimal fat.

based fucking eggposter holy shit

Ive only used the basic black plastic spatulas (dunno what material), and Ive never had anything stick to it that I couldnt just wipe of easily with paper towel and then give it a quick rub with the soft end of the sponge when I wash other dishes.

Recently got a dishwasher though and so far its standing up to that as well.

Good stuff. Thanx, man.

ALL nonstick pans eventually lose their nonstick. ATK has recommendations on the best while not going too expensive since you WILL have to throw it away.