Jiro, who praised as sushi god said it require 10 years training to bake an egg properly...

Jiro, who praised as sushi god said it require 10 years training to bake an egg properly, can you really believe his statement?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r9l7ByKSNJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tend to not believe anything from sneak attack japs.

>bake an egg

If it takes you ten years to learn one item, you're a complete failure of a human being.

>la tayste uf da sooshee is vey important
>smoked for 60 years

Dumb hack.

I heard you must spend 10 years to learn how to prepare egg, another 5 years to study how to boil the rice and 3 years to memorize species of fish in his shop.

Well he was 10 when his parents threw him out, so that explains it

Stop buying into Asian propaganda.

Yes. As someone who has extensively studied Japanese culture, I've come to respect Jiro as one of the finest chefs that the "Land of the Rising Sun" has to offer. He is able to blend the simplicity required for food to taste simple, yet adds subtle complexity to his sushi through the art of preparation, an art he's perfected through over seventy years of cooking. I am now re-evaluating my own cooking, spending as much time to perfect my egg baking, in the hopes that I too can become like the powerhouse world class chef, Jiro-sama.

It's not about the skill itself, it's about proving how dedicated you are to become a sushi chef

>spend your life cutting up raw fish and call yourself a fishmonger; no respect, mediocre money
>spend your life cutting up raw fish and call yourself a sushi grandmaster; documentaries and gaijin shekels

The japs are turbo autists about that stuff.
I was watching some documentary about factories in japan and they talk about how "oh yes it takes 5 years to learn to do this repetitive task"

Japs are some of the biggest conmen around and Jiro is a prime example.

They have convinced each other and foreigners alike that there is a some kind of extreme time investment required to do basic things because it is Japanese style.

I'm not saying there is no difference from supetmarket sushi and high grade fish at a good restaurant but there is a ceiling to how much this stuff should cost and how difficult it is to make.

This. He has attained notoriety through bullshit.
Even his kids agree.

The taste is surely great indeed but I wonder is it really require that long to make.

>believing a single word from tojo after pearl harbor
You son, need some good belt whippin

Pretty much the same as bartenders who claim you need 15 years of experience to make a good martini. Yeah, the experience of making it throughout the years will make yours far better tasting as a newbie in comparison, but being that strict just sounds snobbish.

Also, 90% of the gimmick in sushi is the fresh fish you use. This guy knows it and uses that as an authentic technique for dumb gaijins to give him shekels.

Underrated post

>dude who puts raw fish on some rice
>master of anything

can you believe it? what an idiot. no human being can master the art of eggbaking in a mere decade

good for you bucko

Digits

It would take like 2-3 months of just baking eggs as your job to master it

Tokyo's sushi is overrated
The Japan Sea side sushi is the best
Next Hokkaido sushi

Yes it is a truth. I take currently online sushi master chop course with jiro. It is a virtual reality enhanced e-course sponsored by Facebook and powered by Oculus rift technology with giro as the main teacher/slice master. Unit one is several years long each day of just virtual slice motion using electronic virtual e-blade and to get the stroke right gyro needs 2 personally approve each knifestroke with star based merit system. If u get enough giro stars and credits u may pass 2 his second stage course of wiping down your cookstation**

**This second cookstation wipe down course is not free.

Cutting a fish up and putting it on some rice only takes you a few weeks at a most to get good at. Why Japanese sushi and sashimi is good is because of how fresh the fish is. I'm Japanese and even I can tell you that paying a gorillion dollars for raw fish put on a plate by a grandmaster legacy setting sushi chef who studied the blade for 270 years and autistically baked eggs for 36 hours a day is a waste. He is only a little more skilled than some minimum wage random at a grocery store.

sounds like you've got a long ten years ahead of you, pal

t. shitty egg baker

>*Shishi odoshi thunks in the distance*

Japs think inefficiency means better for some reason.

Why do japs value attaining autistic mechanical perfection at some repetitive menial task?
If you've gotten so proficient at something that you can do it like a machine would, why not just have a machine do it, except the machine could do it 24/7 without years of practice or needing any breaks or costing more than the cost of purchasing it and the electricity to run it.
And then you could just make so much of your 'perfect' product that you might as well just sell it at wal-mart.
I hate perfect things. They have no humanity, there's nothing interesting or individual about them, they are of no value aesthetically. If you mass produce mona lisas out of some printing press, they're just worthless.

Japs just look for any reason to kill themselves don't they?
>oh god I fucked up the egg everyone I'm so sorry guess I have to die now huh yep nobody try and stop me this is for my honor

It's because of their bullshit mysticism that is somehow more autistic than the chinks. The same kind of shit that lead to the idea of perfect archer as someone who doesn't actually think of where the target is and simply shoots using their technique folded over 1000 times.

You've never listened to a Szechuan chef. Come to think of it, you people always sound astoundingly stupid about everything that isn't Wisconsin cheese, Mcdonalds or mom's tendies.

They folded the steel because they had no other way of creating martensite steel. It's amazing listening to people talk about shit they know nothing about. It's like talking to 8 year olds.

oh shit, chinks are obsessed too?

Chinks are obsessed, frogs are obsessed, greaseballs are obsessed. Spics are obsessed. Everyone but poverty stricken white trash from the US. White trash will eat a deep fried tampon.

Anyone can get good fresh fish. The rice is what makes the sushi.

who said anything about America? You associate adult children with America? That's on you, mate.

Because their entire history has been self-sustaining on basic things, which is why their cuisine tends to be made out of very simple ingredients combined in intricate, novel, subtle ways. They pride themselves on performing things to absolute perfection because that's their entire culture.

But they don't have Costco! That's a wasted existence.

THese assholes don't even know that General MacCarthur wrote their constitution that made them a fucked up materialistic culture melded with traditional Bushido life.

No and I don't think it's autism either. I think all of their obsessive bullshit is just jokes gone too far and now they're just brainwashed.

Or maybe the radiation

There's something that can be said about passion.

Like the guy that carves ice diamonds. He's running a Western Style bar in Japan. His customers are 99% foreign businessmen. He's most likely laundering money for the yakuza to pay for his passion project.

But Jiro? Jiro is obsessed, not passionate.

It's one thing to hire a new guy and have him fold towels in the kitchen for six months to see if he has the drive to actually learn, but to say it takes 10 years to bake a fucking egg?

Christ on a cracker...

White people can understand Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9l7ByKSNJ0

>10 years to bake a fucking egg?

Do you know the difference between a fluffy omelet and some asshole that puts egg in a fry pan? I do. It doesn't even take 10 years to teach you mullet wearing dirt people to do.

Where did you group of white niggers bugger off to? I love talking to you potential kid touchers.

Cool quadoubles.

a martini isn't hard to make, it's a meme by the same idiots who don't know how to cook.

it has more to do with chefs being incredibly pretentious because they devoted their lives to making something that turns into literal shit.

>haha what does he know about cooking
>t. Veeky Forums user

coastal fag spotted, not everybody lives next to the fucking ocean and can just go buy a fresh fish. all the fish here are shipped in and smell funky.

have you ever heard of a river?

They're on fire again nowadays, niggah.

when you ejaculate in a fleshlight, then a couple hours later you cum into your ejaculate, is that alive? Is that a fleshlight baby, or something you can just place onto sushi rice?

human egg topping

and how long take learning to become The Fukushima Daiichi architect ?

They have Costco friend

oooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

You'll have to ask General Electric about that

Purity, simplicity, zen

Just breathe.

That's what they tell me. And half the price too.

if you use multple spices on one egg, you can learn 4 spices per egg, by quartering it. Repeat this and youll be a spicemaster in no time.

Pretty much this.

The measure of a human is seen as how many complex steps they can memorize. Things are purposefully made intricate to unapologetically weed out those that can't process this high amount of information rapidly.

They have their reasons but I would be a shitty Japanese. I have discalcula which is a real drag even in THIS society. In Japan it would be straight up to the Suicide Forest with ye!

>sushi god said it require 10 years training to bake an egg properly, can you really believe his statement?
It takes 10,000 hours before you can say much about such things for certain
You should already know this
Google is great for info but lacks experience to put knowledge into great effect

but at least you'd be an e-celeb on the new ROGANU PAUR BIDEO

It says Wisconsin in the post numb nuts.

We live in the age where we can get whatever we want wherever we want it. If you wanted you could have a fucking live marlin delivered to your doorstep. Having the money for such a venture however is another story.

In the western world the itamae is often thought of with sushi (although they are commonly referred to simply as 'sushi chefs'). In Japan becoming an itamae of sushi requires years of on-the-job training and apprenticeship. Typically, after five years or so spent working with a master or teacher itamae, the apprentice is given his first important task related to making sushi: preparation of the sushi rice. The rice is prepared according to the strict instructions of the senior itamae, and each sushi restaurant has its own "secret" recipe of rice, salt and rice vinegar. Once the senior itamae is satisfied with the consistency of the sushi rice made daily by the apprentice, the apprentice may then be promoted.

This promotion puts the apprentice in a more prominent location, next to the senior itamae. This position is called "wakiita", that means "near the cutting board". The wakiita's duties expand to include daily preparation of the fresh ingredients, such as preparing blocks of fish, grating ginger, and slicing scallions. Eventually the apprentice might begin to prepare sushi for clients with take away orders. The wakiita also learns the proper ways to interact with and treat the restaurant's customers by observing the senior itamae.

The creation of sushi is an art, and has colorful stories associated with it. It is a common Japanese legend that the truly great itamae-san ("san" is an honorific suffix) should be able to create nigirizushi in which all of the rice grains face the same direction.

In Japan, the itamae is still the heart of the traditional sushi bar, and they follow many traditions not practiced elsewhere in the world. For example, part of the itamae's art is calculating the bill; mistakes in calculation, unintentional or intentional (for particularly good customers), may occur.

Itamae trainings are available across the world; in Japan, USA and in the UK can take anything from 2 years to 20 years.

Is Japanese fish safe after fukuskima?

It says Wisconsin CHEESE, you shit fondler. Can I say Italian coffee without referring to all of Italy?

>at a deep fried tampon
I saw that in a vending machine in Tokyo.