*destroys 5000 years of philosophy*

And nothing of value was lost.

how do you know that?

>DUDE COLORS SHAPES AND NUMBERS LMAO

>literally dude what like if nothing was real

>I didn't get it

>enhances 5000 years of philosophy
fixed that for you

This and Foucalt are my top 2 favorite writers/life changers.

Both are homos.

Coincidence?

Pleb here, who is he?

It's Ludwig Wittgenstein.

If you take him literally, he basically "ended" philosophy by arguing that human language is too limited to properly discuss it.

If you liked witt you should definitely read further into language (linguistics/semantics). It doesn't just stop at him!

>guy published thing that is just common sense

The fact that this guy is the god you faggy philosophers worship is ridiculous. It's so shallow and obvious. "It's just a word game man!!"

Jesus Christ philosophy is irrelevant now and I want it off this board forever

>jew thinks he invented zen

Son, tell the truth, you don't even know what he's talking about

>Jesus Christ philosophy is irrelevant now and I want it off this board forever

yes thank you, literature is art, philosophy is not art, it's shit

*blocks your path*

>*get sued for sexual harassment*

So, basically semantic Pyrrhonism?

What a hack.

>What if I tried to namedrop Pyrrhonism to make it sound like I know something about philosophy while I'm simultaneously admitting I have no knowledge of one of the most important philosophers of the last century.
Epic.

Only Anglos read the Tractatus at this point, and in the last century it was mostly positivists.
That user should read PI though.

I read Madness and civilisation, it made me think of string theory and that a lot of intelligent people have believed a lot of stupid things.

>What if I tried to refute your crude caricature of Wittgenstein by making no substantial claim for the basis of his so called importance.
Insightful.

There was a quote from the PI that piqued my interest some time ago:

>Every sign by itself seems dead. What gives it life? In use it is alive. Is life breathed into it there? Or is the use its life?

However, I've been vary of his philosophy in general. It would seem to me that his fame stems primarily from Bertrand Russell's admiration – that and his family name.

For the sake of discussion, what value did you find in your study of Wittgenstein? I am interested in metaphysics, theology and philosophy – it seems promising that he implements the semantic thought of Augustine and Kierkegaard in general, but I have a slight suspicion that much of it is basically Sophistic fuckery.

fpbp

Not him but
>However, I've been vary of his philosophy in general. It would seem to me that his fame stems primarily from Bertrand Russell's admiration – that and his family name.

His fame was legit: the Vienna positivists were treating him as a demigod, and for the next 50 years every analytic philosopher worth their salt had tackled the Tractatus. Of course these same communities rejected his PI.
I was skeptic of his wealth too, but any research will show you that XX century philosophers were actually amazed by his ideas.

what thinkers would you recomend cuz

what do you mean ?

Kek'd.

>*Invades Asian Women*