How the fuck do I go about not rinsing pasta? Everytime I cook pasta and not drain it...

How the fuck do I go about not rinsing pasta? Everytime I cook pasta and not drain it, it sticks to itself and it's just not comfortable to work with after. Especially when cooking spaghetti and no, I don't overcook the pasta.

Lots of people say that when you rinse them, the sauce doesn't stick on them like it should but I never saw an issue in it.

What I do is that I rinse the pasta with cold water and use the pasta water I poured into another container before to rinse them again to make them hot again.

Never had an issue.

I think you are overcooking it. That's the only explanation I can think of. That or your water is somehow weird. Use a bigger pan with more water next time so you can give it a proper stir once in a while.

You’re supposed to drain the pasta once it’s about 3/4 of the way done. Then toss into your sauce and finish cooking. The starch from the pasta will thicken the sauce slightly and help it stick better. I mean keep doing what you’re doing if you don’t have a problem but this has been the conventional wisdom for like ever.

Yeah, maybe it sticks because I leave in them in the drainer for longer than it needs to.

You don't rinse it. You're supposed to pour olive oil on it to keep it from sticking together.

Why would you rinse it in the first place? Sounds like something people who wash chicken before cooking do

take the pasta out before it's 'al dente' (remove it while still barely white in the center) because it continues cooking afterwards when not rinsed

put A FUCKTON of salt in your water before adding the pasta, to give you an idea, there should be a thin layer covering the entire bottom of the pot

after you strain the pasta, toss it in herb butter if you're not a faggot or if you have good enough oil (please do not put grocery store olive oil on your pasta)

lmao at this whole thread, how dafuq can you mess up even this? take out pasta from water and throw it immediatly in the sauce, nothing more than that
moving it around will prevent sticking
no oil no rinse no shit

>every pasta is served tossed in the sauce
are you autistic

>there is pasta that doesnt have a sauce
are you autistic

oil.
you have to drain it and then put oil, then the sauce.
or
this is a grandma secret
pick a cup of pasta water.
drain pasta. only drain, do not use cold water or other things..
if it stick use the cup of pasta water and the sauce.

These

what? all pasta have sauce, if you want witjout sauce you have to put in it oil or butter..

Yes, proper pasta is.
Unless you're ill and just eating it with a little oil or butter.

>

>you have to drain it and then put oil, then the sauce.

If you do that, then the sauce isn't going to stick to the pasta very well.

Sauced with dressing.

Why not just rinse it in hot water to keep it warm? That's what I do.

>why even rinse
To wash off the starch to reduce my carb intake.

Not always. Plus I don't consider olive oil to be a sauce either.

I don't consider you to be a person.

you can oversalt your pasta you know

also OP I've literally never had pasta stick together I think you may be retarded