How the hell do I make this taste good? Simply steaming them and eating isn't going to cut it...

How the hell do I make this taste good? Simply steaming them and eating isn't going to cut it. Is it okay to put salt and pepper? How else can I make this taste good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0n7bH8ced0Y?t=3m17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Soy, sesame seed oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, sugar, mix those up and add to the cooked veggies and cook them a bit more and its all good.

Of course salt and pepper are ok. Also I wouldn’t steam them if I were you, it will just make them soggy.

Stir fry them with garlic and ginger.

>Soy

Isn't frying food bad? I am eating this for health reasons after all.

in vegetable beef soup

If you want to enjoy vegetables I recommend making actual vegetable dishes with fresh vegetables. Frozen mixed vegetables are not meant to be delicious - they are meant to provide a lazy, indifferent side dish.

salt, pepper, some hot sauce, saute in oil

meh, they can be tasty with a little seasoning and real butter

I second this, it was my breakfast yesterday.

They can be edible and inoffensive, but never really tasty.

My parents use these frozen vegetable mixes and they taste of absolutely nothing. Why would anyone buy frozen carrots? Fresh ones are cheap and there's not a lot of work in preparing them.
nailed it. Some melted butter will make this tolerable. And a little coarse salt.
Otherwise I guess throw them in a stew or hotdish. They're much too bland to have as a steamed side.

They make for a godly soup.

Um... false.

Deep frying is unhealthy. There’s nothing wrong with a couple table spoons of oil. You can use coconut oil if you want.

Throw them in a yogurt based curry
Add whatever spice mix you like
I use garam and a lil smoked paprika

>Is it okay to put salt and pepper
Jesus user, why wouldn't it be?

Stir-fry.

Oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soysauce, pepper, and a little bit of Kung pow sauce/chili flakes. While you stir fry with sesame oil and let the water from the frost boil off.

Hard to take the opinion of someone who calls frozen mixed vegetables tasty with any seriousness. They're a product for lazy 60's housewives who felt obligated to serve vegetable side dishes with meals even though their families just ate a token forkful or two of them. They are a convenience food, not a particularly quality one.

food snob detected. well you'll change your tune once I'm successful in making frozen veggies the next big hipster meme

this is actually true
there's an ocean of difference between frozen and fresh

Da fuck is wrong with that faggot?

This is a majority of Veeky Forums posters

no one's claiming they're the same, but just because they're different from each other doesn't mean both can't be good.
protip: if you can only make good food with good ingredients then you're a poor cook and have nothing to be proud of.
it's like winning street races because you bought a lambo

Soy overload.

factually wrong, most users are obese

salt pepper garlic powder Parmesan cheese in the oven until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.

get good cu/ck/

buying good ingredients is a crucial part of cooking, if you cant detect the best ingredients for the cheapest price you are also a poor cook. for some the difference in price is worth the quality, for some it isnt
a bad cook cant make good shit even with good ingredients
if you flood your food with spices and condiments until they cant be detected anymore then what's the point of it? you could use cardboard, would be the same
protip: if you cant drive you will crash before you can get in 2nd

>i dont know how to give things flavor so it must be impossible to make this thing tastey

Jeez you faggot, fry them with oil, make them soft, add a lot of Herbes de Provence, a bit of salt and maybe some dried pepper and consume with rice.
voila, now eat your frozen veggies

And if you eat for health, get fucking FRESH veggies.

I'm ashamed to say that I'd probably hit it.

some people don't have the option of paying even just a little more for something better. being able to make tasty food out of crap is essential. nearly everything that is now considered a delicacy was once considered a trash food till someone hit on the right way of preparing it

there's nothing to be ashamed user

Don't be ashamed if you're the same attractiveness or worse. If you're hotter than that it would be seen as sweet because shame shouldn't be something you know because of your options.

frozen veggies are just as good for health as fresh onces

true, there arent many option to cook healthy cheap nutritious food tho
i often use frozen vegs and they arent bad but of course if you try the fresh one you will notice a very big difference
if you buy in big quantity fresh food can be very cheap too, even if you might have to eat the same stuff for a while

Obviously, the people that are nay saying do it for every post, because they are terrible at everything else in life, and cooking is all they have left (which they are terrible at that too).

I'm sorry but did you seriously just ask "is it okay to put salt and pepper on vegetables"?

I forgot, yes you're right, sorry.
However, tricking op into spending more time at preparing fresh food might be even healthier for him in that case.

Depends on face, but that's definitely not too fat for me. Yeah, I'm pathetic I guess.

I plan on putting the ones I have in the rice I’m gonna make

>Deep frying is unhealthy.

Absolute hogwash.

I was 34 when I found out that you could put salt and pepper onto sandwiches.

You fry them in chilli oil, add some green curry paste and coconut milk. Then serve with rice or noodles.

yeah slat is a good idea i think
you might also want to consider to stop eating sweets
your taste buds adjust and everything else starts tasting better

I.....I'm so sorry.

I really only use the bagged vegetables in rice dishes or soups.

She's definitely a little overweight, but most girls are going to have a roll when they lay down like that. I'd wager that when she stands she is still pudgy, but 10-15 pounds weight loss and she'd be ready to take a hard dickin'.

Fat and acid. Also, a bit of accent like herbs, garlic, or ginger.

>food snob detected.
If you live in the US and are not a food snob you're eating garbage.
>nearly everything that is now considered a delicacy was once considered a trash food till someone hit on the right way of preparing it
Big difference between now and the middle of the 20th Century. Back then, and for most of the history of cuisine before then if you were poor you at least were cooking with legitimate ingredients, even if they were considered less than desirable. Then in the mid-20th Century convenience food products became a prestige thing for a minute. These weren't sold on quality, but modernity and convenience. And eventually a lot of people saw through this crap and stopped eating these kinds of products. Like it was cool to eat frozen food when you had to be wealthy to afford a freezer and the alternative was canned. But there was little point once fresh food became available. And it's not that frozen vegetables are all that terrible. It's that the particular product that is frozen mixed vegetables is a pretty poor assortment. Peas and corn freeze well. Carrots and broccoli much less so. Red bell peppers freeze very poorly. Put them all together like in OP pic and they're shit.

fag

salads too

No it's not. Eating an excess of fat from a diet rich in fried foods is bad.

Certain nutrients degrade with ANY heat treatment so nothing you can do about that

Says a guy counting on an antique convenience food product as a passport to healthy living.

>tfw a girl who looked like this was the best fuck i ever had
i could never been seen dating such a beast, but damn, fat girls are the best side pieces

Shit, yo. Had a few moments like that in my life, too!

Soy doesn't do shit to your goddamn hormones you fucking null. It's a meme.

I just boil the fuckers straight frozen out of the bag, make sure to not overcook them and once they get back to life I strain the bois and throw them into a pan with a good chunk of butter so they all become glazed up and shiny, salt and pepper those fuckers and you're good to go.

put in pan, some good quality extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and just heat them lightly until they defreeze
you can sprinkle some fresh lemon juice if u want, and you are done
its simple as fuck and delicious.
still, go for fresh veggies instead of frozen if you can, its not that hard to find the exact same mix and its not expensive

Kinda depends on the oil

frozen peas are tasty. Maybe even better than fresh.

You're not fooling anyone because that's the only girl who will have you

>fat makes you fat
No. Excess caloric intake makes you fat.

I always have at least one bag of frozen peas in my freezer. They're tasty, and fucking useful. Need a little extra something in a soup? Fuckin' frozen peas. Got leftover rice you wanna fry? Throw some frozen peas in there. Frozen peas are the best frozen vegetable. Most any other preserved vegetable I'd rather take from a can (except maybe corn, or spinach). But frozen peasare a home cook's best friend.

Fry that shit my man

You should try to eat more frozen veggies. The process of lyophilization maintains nutrient structure multitudes longer/better than canned goods.

t. chemical engineer

and excess fat makes you have an excess caloric intake. stop nitpicking.

you can literally just heat them up dry in a pan, they have enough moisture on the surface to prevent burning and conduct heat quickly. add butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice at the end.

steaming is a super gay meme that no one does anymore because it's pointless.

>tfw i look like this and i'm the best fuck my gf has ever had

fry diced bacon in butter and add veggies

Soy sauce you giant donkey humper.

youtu.be/0n7bH8ced0Y?t=3m17s

why are you sharing this retard with us?

Its too late for you, the soy has penetrated your anus far to deep. RIP

>salads too

Holy shit! Do you think this is how restaurants get their salad to taste so much better than mine? By using salt and/or pepper?