iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
vimeo.com/237602671
youtube.com/watch?v=wt7gv6lddeY
streamable.com/ze0mz
70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not an Olympic lifter but I'm trying to learn the front squat and power clean at the moment

It feels fucking impossible to hold a weight on my shoulders with my wrists bent back like that, and I have decently large shoulders.

The bar rests painfully on like.my shoulder bones no matter what, and I can't get my long arms back to grab with my fingers there

anyone have good stretches I can do when I wake up for mobility on my squat? I need both mobility for my upper and lower body. Upper body mobility is lacking for getting my arms in a comfortable position with the bar resting on my back. Lower body is increasing hip mobility to go deeper probably ankle and knee mobility as well.

>the «can I learn oly lifts without a coach?» thread

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

I got some problems with catching the bar over my head in the snatch and jerk, so I'm doing this now
>Snatch balance, muscle snatch
>btn press
>jerk and snatch technique drills
>heacy clean single.
>chins, curls, hypers

just try to get in the squat position more often throughout the day

do some duck walking, etc

i was stiff as a board and can do proper ATG now, and never even did actual static stretching (altho it def needs to be done to maintain joint ROM as you gain size...)

then again, atg is mostly about your hip structure. but anyone can get to a good squat through what i outlined

Just keep practicing, it will hurt your wrists and shoulders for a while. Obviously if the pain is excruciating seek help from a coach because you're probably doing something very wrong. Either way, eventually you build mobility just takes practice. Just keep trying your best and you'll make progress.

and of course you should be stretching with an empty bar for a while or a bar with little weight before you start training

As for the shoulder pain, that gets better once you learn how to catch and receive the bar but imo never really goes away entirely

>chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
It's missing a . between blogspot and co

you need to get your elbows up, upper back and shoulder mobility is key, work on wrist mobility cant hurt but it is not often the limiting factor, shoulder and upper back is much more important try pic related

How do I into mobility? Especially my ankles, the left one is stiff as fuck and not mobile at all.

>iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
>The use of grease, oil, water, talcum or any similar lubricant on the thighs is
forbidden. Lifters are not permitted to have any substance on their thighs
when arriving in the competition area. A lifter who uses any lubricant is
ordered to remove it. During the removal the clock goes on.

lmao is there precedent for this

Just stretch brah

Using talcum and shit has been common for ages, they still do it in powerlifting for example

mine are also quite stiff, in particular plantarflexion of my right ankle is lacking following an injury from my teenage years, the best advice i received is that i should temper my expectations, however significant improvements in mobility can be had with consistency and a bit of pain
static stretching does not do much for hips and ankles, however should not be neglected, active mobility exercieses are much better than static stretching or even yoga, and user has already said everything that should be said about duck walks itt, but there are more mobility exercises that are quite good
try yoga with kassandra on youtube, she makes a video called yoga for weightlifters and powerlifters or something like that, it is quite good, and can be done every evening or morning, or parts of it can be done, plus she gives me a tingling in my dingaling, user also made pic related some time ago, and it is quite good too
for ankles you need to work hardest because there is no blood in ankles and recovery is difficult, however the exercises are quite simple because the mobility in your ankles that you desire is in one plane of motion, just tilting forward and backwards, some diagonal mobility is a good thing to improve at the same time
>get into calf stretch position against squat rack
>front foot is ahead of body, back foot is comfortable and keeps balance
>rock back and forward on front ankle, try to keep foot flat on ground
>drive front knee forward past toes
>try to use rhythm like every three seconds rock forward
>try to make knee go further and further forwards each time
>also drive ankle diagonally out over big toe, or out over little toes every few thrusts of knee
>extend exercise by placing small shim under front toes to put ankel partly in dorsiflexion before exercise
there is a video on youtube about ankle mobility on a channel called nutrex solutions that is quite good

tobacco confirmed for T gains

anecdoctal evidence

this has got to be the coolest pic ever.

Has anyone got and ebook of a 'The white prisoner; Galavin Boevskis secret story'?

Bump.

Lads I did a 67kg clean. Failed lifting it ~5 times lol

Now jerk it, breh

Thank you senpai, for enlightening us

>Now jerk it, breh
I got problems with catching in the jerk. (scapula mobility and stability) So I'm doing behind the neck presses, snatch balances, muscle snatches.

adding in the bill starr press program to my routine for that over BW press

>BW press
bodyweight press?

no split press?

Don't know if this is the english name, but you stand in split jerk position and do behind the neck press.

Pause OHS, bud. They're great for building comfort in the hole
>no homo

Lifters would put grease on their thighs to give them a bit of extra oomph in the Clea

Greater than the weight of your body as the amount your can strict press.

Phone posting so sorry it's not a webm.

vimeo.com/237602671

I've been really trying to break down the clean to fix some of the problems I've been having with it.

This week I'm working on foot placement during the catch since all my heavy cleans I catch waaaay too wide.

I also noticed that I might not be fully extending with my back when I'm doing the 2nd pull.

Any critiques are appreciated.

This wasn't my best clean today but it wasn't my worst one either.

youtube.com/watch?v=wt7gv6lddeY
"Press behind the neck in split" or "BTN split press" for shorthand,

If you can get faster under the bar, you can clean more. It looks like you're catching it a few inches below peak height. Looks like a pretty good clean desu

Yes, I think this exercise is essential for practicing jerk position and stability

That's what I want to work on next week/the next few weeks. I think a big part of it is that I don't pull enough with my arms so instead of pulling under the bar I just drop underneath to catch it.

Another symptom of that is that I can power clean my max pretty consistently but if I try to squat clean it I see a much higher fail rate

lol I thought it was a special excercise or program lol

Thanks guys, I'll do those next session

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Snatch. The movement is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the components will go over a typical lifter’s head. There’s also the triple extension, which is deftly woven into the lift - one’s personal ability draws heavily from Garhammer’s 1985 literature, for instance. The Russians understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the receiving position, to realise that it’s not just a bodybuilding squat - it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Snatch truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the nuance in Lü Xiaojun’s turnover, which itself is a cryptic reference to Aleksey Petrov’s Russian WR in Atlanta. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dmitry Klokov’s genius unfolds itself on their NBC sponsored television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Ilya Ilyin tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that their snatch is within 5 pounds of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

ok lol you got me

spicy, this is the kind of content we need to be able to compete with /plg/

>pounds
>not using internationally recognized IWF units of measurement
kys

MY GIRLFRIENDS MOM COCKBLOCKED ME

:(
Guys what's your vert jump? I haven't tested but can easily hit 70cm.

>The movement is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the components will go over a typical lifter’s head.
But that's what I want?

Does this prove that 94kg is the GOAT weight class and everyone else is either twinks or fatties?

>MY GIRLFRIEND

hehe

Have been doing TM for squats (BS Monday Friday, FS Wednesday) the past 3 months, went from 111kgx5 to 134x5, and a few weeks ago I started plateauing (all my lifts have somewhat stopped going up, not just squats). Recently started playing intramural flag football and volleyball and I think that may be why. Feel pretty tired most of the time even though I'm only training 3x a week, is it time for a deload friends? I still want to focus on squats/strength, thinking about doing the Pendlay 8 week program because I think switching it up would be beneficial. What do you guys think?

Sorry if this was wordy I didn't want to leave out any potentially important info

TLDR - Texas method deload/continuation or Pendlay 8 week program to keep squat progress going?

BW 88kg

What exactly are you training for? I'm sorry, but your actual training goals aren't very clear to me.

Also, ate two bags of potato chips today lads

Olympic weightlifting, but I'm weak as fuck so I'm focusing on strength/squats. I want to progress that as fast as I can, would it be better to deload and keep going with Texas method progression, or try something new for a while ie the Pendlay program

Russian squat program is what my coach uses also probably eat more

kek

Can I get a form check on this 66kg snatch (80%)
streamable.com/ze0mz

NICE MEME

Is that Klokov in the background looking smug as shit?

70cm is quite high, I suspect you might be overestimating your abilities

Roll your lats forward and only use your index and middle fingers to keep the bar in place. Press the bar into the bottom your neck a little bit (don’t fucking choke yourself like a retard). Your chest and upper back should be rolled up and high enough so the bar can rest on your shoulders without your hands

nice

Same guy

>Source: Front Squat 345 for 3 singles the other day with pauses

Stop underestimating me!

>inb4 archived

Film your lifts from the side next time. Otherwise its too hard to see whats going on between you and the bar

How long does it take for your body to adapt to a high frequency program? My knees are killing me after upping my squatting by shitloads.

How long has it been? Try atleast three weeks

It's been only 2 weeks, cool I just never had knee discomfort from squatting and I was worried I was heading to snapcity somehow I even had a coach look at my form and he said my knees and everything are well within limits and pretty much good form.

Just graduated from physical therapy, rehabbing my left shoulder after a surgery many years ago. I now have what they consider beyond a normal/neutral range of motion and am working daily on my snatch position overhead.

While I can get into the position standing, I'm having a lot of trouble maintaining it (and a tight core) in an overhead squat.

Are there any specific stretches I can do to improve my mobility and comfort in this position?

>bunch of fat fucks
>olympic "athletes"
makes me kek every time

here's a pic for proof. The table is exactly 70 cm in height.

Vert isn't measured by the height of the object you can jump on/over, it's the difference between the height of two reference points while standing and at the apex of your jump.

Whats good start for beginners?

lol

lol I'm a retard

70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/
I did this while transitioning and doing mobility work. Image is another beginners routine that was recently posted.

Thanks mate