True Friend

Does anyone have a True Friend, if so, how did you find this person and how has this person's friendship helped you?

Found both my true friends in highschool and the fires of kinship burn only brighter as the years pass

I had a true friend
He was black
and stole my jeans
Now we only wave to each other
Sometimes I see him wearing my jeans he stole
I dont mention anything
It angers me but I just wave and walk on

What jeans were they and I'll let you know if it was worth ruining a friendship.

nucking figgers

Unironically, I think friendship in this sense is dead and it makes me sad. I literally have/had a single Veeky Forums friend who moved to another town. I think it was the closest to true friendship in the Greek sense I ever experienced.

Otherwise friendship seems just to be a combination of certain coincidences. All my "friends" are just my friends because we lived in the same place, played some of the same games, drunk together and so on. There is no deeper level. I lost contact with most of them because they started to make fun of my Veeky Forums ambitions.

I published two books of poetry and I later realized that they drink when I'm away while reading my books (I live in another town) and laugh at my book in the sense of how "gay" I am (because I write poetry I'm automatically gay). And so on.

I know to most people this will sound funny but it really hurt me on a personal level. They didn't laugh because the poetry is bad or something, even if it is they wouldn't know because they never opened a book in their lives, but because any Veeky Forums thing you do makes you the laughing stock.

Well, I think there is true friendship, and if someone can say that he has a true friend he should value him above everything else. Especially above women and money. But otherwise the times have made it so that true friendship isn't even acknowledged as something worth having today.
How many of your friends would fuck you over to be with your girl or make money? My personal answer would be all of them that I have.

Ah yes my friend Mr. Hyde, a true friend in all of the word; though, lately things haven't been so good...

used to have one but we didn't keep in touch enough after high school ended

I never had someone I would consider myself a friend, most likely the other way but a real friends is someone I consider equal to myself, once I start seeing the flaw in someone it only goes downhill

Tribulations of the artist, friendo. Best start losing that self awareness or things'll end up being pretty dire.

What do you mean with self awareness? The awareness of my own situation?

I think I've had a true friend before. I moved away from him a month ago and am currently surrounded with nothing but banal scum who think not smoking cigarettes makes you a faggot and are only interested in drinking and pussy - with me if I happen to be around at the moment. It's hell.

Wow this sad tirade really makes me thankful I have so many true friends

>a real friends is someone I consider equal to myself, once I start seeing the flaw in someone it only goes downhill

So are you implying that you are flawless? Or are you just willing to bat an eye to your own flaws but not someone else's?

I have a friend who I pretty much treat as a big brother since he is more of a chad than I am, more STEM-orientated etc. For some reason he seems to enjoy spending time with me, an autistic KHV with a depressing worldview, than he does other Chads. He's not even gay and neither am I. Maybe he feels bad for me or something I don't know.

Chad + virgin is a power combo.

>true friends
>so many

mmmm...something's wrong buddy....

I have a couple really good friends, met them all in 6th grade. Im currently 19 and i talk to them everyday. I guess im just lucky to be given true friends

I have a few true friends, but I'm unsure for how much longer.

One I am increasingly alienated from as my artistic ambitions grow and his narroweyed pragmatism strengthens. There are certain topics recently which i don't seem to be able to navigate with him without coming off as self-important. They're definite tension with regards to insecurity about intelligence and well-readness etc. he's also as of late taken to forming frivolous and contrived relationships with little point beyond physicality. he's always been my best dude and i love him to death.
Other true friend is not much like me but is so funny and charming and kindhearted and open minded that he'll always be welcome in my home.

Other true friend I am in love with, and has ventured away, and i don't exactly know or want to know what she's up to now, but god be damned if i ever meet another woman who even begins to compare.

this, one of my best friends is a turbochad

You are very young. 25+ is the real proving ground, when they start having serious relationships. when they get married and so on.