Hamlet

>Get thee to a nunnery
/ouyguy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmNYWTpYj8M
youtu.be/rGPes8KWE0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your memes

youtube.com/watch?v=LmNYWTpYj8M

>laurence ollivre
>no toothe
IS IT SAFE?

your taste in hamlet adaptations is shit

I remember when my professor explained to us how this line actually means: "you whore". It showed me how much meaning gets lost when you don't know the context of a historical text

there is no reason you should know historical context of an old work

Ok, that's interesting. Can you explain?

post modernism

It's the single greatest filmic portrayal of Hamlet in history you obnoxious retard

hamlet has no competent cinematic adaptations.

i'm thinking about doing one one day though.

I'm sorry, but as someone who is deeply interested in history I have to say this isn't a good enough argument. There is a real value in learning the context:
"It is what enables us to interpret and analyze works or events of the past, rather than merely judge them by contemporary standards.

In literature, a sound understanding of the historical context behind a work's creation can give us a fuller appreciation of the narrative.

In analyzing historical events, context can help us understand what motivated people to behave as they did."

Just saying "post modernism" doesn't cut it.

the entire meaning of hamlet is lost on you then

meanings don't concern me.

Look you monosyllabic mongoloid, it's ok to have a different opinion but the purpose of this website is to *share* them. Why the fuck did you even start a discussion if you don't want to contribute?

to see what happens

lol, fair enough

DUDE DFW LMAO

>10000000
Yeah, what was the 10000000 get?

No Polonius is /ourguy/

No, it's really not.

youtu.be/rGPes8KWE0s the only good version of hamlet desu

Ophelia was so pathetic for listening to her pseud father and she should have expected to be ridiculed by Hamlet after she dumped him. Also it seemed to me that she may have been pregnant

anime scriptfag shit as always

Yeah huh what have you that idea I wonder.

Well when she went insane she implied she fucked Hamlet

he's a postmodernist, he doesn't care about your logic. you're throwing pearls before swine