What's his end game?

What's his end game?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2017/08/the-confessions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not going to bed when we told him to go to bed

He's a compulsive writer. His endgame is to keep getting paid to write whatever the fuck he wants.

Being jealous of Adam Levin for being a better Jewish DFW than he is

To not stop until he is a meme on Veeky Forums.

The arrival of the Messiah

dude reeks of pseud even if i was jewish i wouldnt read it

Someone posted a screenshot of a paragraph this guy wrote last week trying to use it as proof that he is a good writer ... and it was so fucking bad it gave me a good laugh. Whoever that was please repost so that I may enjoy such laughter again.

White genocide

DAE WITZ WUZ POSTMODERN EPIC LIKE INFINITE JEST AND GRAVITY'S R????

Good post

I unironically want to be Josh's friend. We should try recruit him as our ambassador to the Jews

>Pynchon I thought a lot about in my late-ish teens; Wallace, though, never gave me “the howling fantods”—I was too young (b. 1980) to know to cheer the ’90s revolt against literary blankness and, by the time I began reading him, in the early oughts, I was living in Europe and more susceptible to that education. Wallace was always much too direct, too straight, for me (the concerns, not the style). He never talked out of the side of his mouth. His irony was not mine—was too goyisher, to put it bluntly. … No one has ever evaded influence, or anxiety—in or out of books.

HAHA LOOK AT HIS FACE

Anybody have his public contact address, I want to send him a link to his archive results

new story. wired.com/2017/08/the-confessions/

name drops reddit lol

Hot damn, he's LITERALLY our guy

What does "goyisher" mean here? Are Jews the masters of subtle irony?

It means he wasn't a Jew

I get that but I'm wondering exactly what he's implying about gentiles

he means it's not perfidious enough

My impression is that Jews find the idea of sincerity and authenticity laughable at best and threatening at worse.
For the Jew irony is authenticity whereas for Wallace it was a prison he had to work in

Why do DFWfags get so defensive when someone calls their god out on being completely whitebread?

>sums up in ten minutes what took him 592 pages to say in Book Of Numbers

BRAVO JOSH
R
A
V
O

They don't? Being Captain Whitebread is his whole appeal

Judging by his work, to impress me by being Jewish?

Of Witz?

Reads like DFW's dense parts but without any of the charm or personality and more Yiddish.

No, it was more spergily written and contained a funny line like "killed them, murderly!" or something like that, but obviously not that.

This is literally completely unlike anything DFW ever wrote. Stupid comment

more joyceian

It wasn't chosen.

If you enjoy this good for you but this is why literature is on life support.

honestly though, what would you rather see? Not defending that shit, but what is it that you want?

I am okay with not pushing a language into meaninglessness. I guess I would rather see a life-affirming story told in the prose that communicates the beauty of its affirmation as much as is possible. It does not necessarily have to be flowery prose, sometimes the beauty is in capturing a psychological experience or in communicating a thought simply. I would place a passage like the pic into conceptual art, where the meaning is really just about getting the concept of what he is doing, or trying to do, and not actually the experience of the thing. It also reads like shooting with a sawed off shotgun, if I write enough crazy words together something is going to hit the reader. What I want is a little old fashioned, I guess.

>I guess I would rather see a life-affirming story told in the prose that communicates the beauty of its affirmation as much as is possible.

John Green posts on Veeky Forums?

My rule tends to be: if something draws too much attention to what it is trying to do then it is generally bad. I should be able to sit back and admire what it did on the intellectual or conceptual level after I am done enjoying the experience of it.

You didn't see the thread where I shilled my new first chapter?

Why do I see threads about this guy. None of us have read him and none of us plan too because he's such a Jew. Don't get me wrong I like Jews. Bellow and Levi are great. But fuck this like faggot. Kys josh you no talent rat.

Clearly has gotten where he is via talent. Coitinly!

>Coitinly!

Is that supposed to be "certainly" in a Lower East Side accent?

What response am I supposed to have to this? I'm aware words on a page or a screen aren't sentient but I said "shut the fuck up" out loud while reading this

More of a nasally/whiny east coast jew accent generally, but yeah.

>he's only read IJ

>What I want is a little old fashioned, I guess.

Yeah, what you want is actual talent and effort. Also I personally feel like a lot of """modern novelists""" don't really know or care much about psychology or philosophy, which is why psych and philosophy threads are so popular on here.

This is awful. His worst story on doxxing yet.

conformation bias

I'm not him or an anti-Semite but why would it surprise you if one ethnic group was over represented in a certain (cultural) industry?

This is why I avoid contemporary lit.

>life-affirming
S P O O K Y

Oh? You still adhere to that philosophy that actually holds you back under the guise of releasing you? That's pretty played out.

>making judgments based on trendiness

Stirner posting is hot topic tier trendposting