Write what is on your mind, Veeky Forums

Write what is on your mind, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxZwNVcdGR4
youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp6ePKe6iI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sadness and loneliness

>Can't get my novel published because literary agents are 90% female that don't appreciate anything other than narratives about a young black lesbian's sexual awakening in Brooklyn
>Can't find a job other than peon-tier grocery store work or something abominable like "Social Media Market Analyst"

I feel you. Contemporary lit and the publishing industry is total garbage. I'm glad it is being annihilated by the tech industry.

I hope Zuck or Bezos or someone else finally drops the axe and puts all these pretenders out of work ASAP.

What kind of subject matter are you folks interested in for your novels?

i know that resentment is tempting, and i'm not saying there aren't conspiracies at play in the world, but getting dredged into the SJW wars isn't helping your novel get published any faster. occasionally venting on here is fine, i guess, but the only way you're actually going to get published (in a meaningful way) is to work hard. hatred is only a distraction to that.

I don't want to sound dooshy by saying this but generally what interests me is the "future of humanity."

Mainly I think it is an important and understudied domain where what used to be science fiction is no science fact, and the boundaries of physical reality are blurring with virtual interdictions, mix-ins, and overlappings.

You're basically saying keep your head down, don't ask questions, don't think, don't write about what's under your nose.

The problem is that good writing is always a kind of heresy.

fucking kill me

I explore loss and decline - the latter being where I cleave from these posh, urban professionals living their comfortable lives in cosmopolitan New York City. I live in one of those de-industrialized stretches of America so all we have are reminders of how things once were, that a golden age came and went, and that younger people missed the boat.

I think you might underestimate the demand for that kind of writing. I mean, rustbelt doldrums is practically a sub-genre of American lit anyway.(see pic related)

Other than suicide, what future prospects are there for uneducated 26 year old white male?

People understand me in non useful ways all the time.
I am Like a confused Oxford comma that constantly feels out-of-place.

i forgot thé pictah

Every weekday I surround myself with insufferable, ignorant individuals who value their place in a multinational corporation over their place in human society, and thus would disrespect and snicker about their coworkers behind their back just to get an increase of 200 USD in their salary.

The tripe they say about the person they greeted with such zeal a few weeks ago... but the real tragedy is that you have to play the hypocrite to fit in with them or you have an entire department against you.

I don't even like being around people that much, and yet i'm forced to be around them.Although, I can't act like this situation suddenly befell on me since, like them, I'm here because I screwed up at some point in my life. But thank God for youth and perseverance, else I'd kill myself.

Canadian here, what kind of literature is popular in my country? I'd be interested to know what kind of subject matter is read aside from the usual YA and fantasy crap.

Nothing, your life ends after academia, and if you've never had that yourself, you can safely say your life is already over.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Been a manchild all of my life due to shitty parenting and bad choices on my part after 18. Exploring high-brow boards like Veeky Forums has made me disgusted at how I've been living.

Now I simply don't know what to do anymore. Don't know where to go. Where to start. I don't think I'm an idiot, I did well in school when I participated, more than so than most people in my classes. What do I want out of my life? To do something meaningful? Pick a field, and advance it in some way? Am I even capable of that? Or do I sell out and enjoy the simpler pleasures while sacrificing creativity for consistent monetary gain?

>Other than suicide, what future prospects are there for uneducated 26 year old white male?

Fascism. Seriously. I was a left leaning liberal 4 years ago, but the choices have narrowed down to fascism and the cultural marxist yoke of the obese dildo wielding neon haired Queer(tm) transgenderblob. I'd take fascism any day of the week.

I feel that before turning to fascism he could at least read a book.

Clearly it's his lack of education holding him back, not the evil queer neon haired goblins conspiring everywhere against him.

I wouldn't like to read the type of thing you mentioned, but how did that Houellebecq guy get published?

I've read close to 1600 books.

Literature starts to annoy me. I can't find anything that I could possibly relate myself into anymore. The books that had such an impact are still the things I enjoy from time to time but it seems this evaporated as well. I do not feel like I am able to express myself with a word, let alone one which could be even slightly manageable to understand by people that aren't me. I think I've lost the spark for finding new books, exploring new ideas and shit like that.

What to do?

Good goy.

Canadians don't read Canadian novels unless that's specifically your thing or the writer was popularised in the US first.

If reading Canadian writers is your thing, than you're probably open to any kind of experience as far as subject matter goes - albeit matter that has been government funded, and then scrutinised by centre left leaning publishers that are good at producing books to win government funded literary prizes.

But the main thing now is to never write about Canada, and if you do, make sure that your narrative will draw people towards becoming more liberal in their views. Greater openness and transparency, a greater vision of Canada.

The most popular underground writing passed around in anarchist book stores is about Geese and their apparent but hilarious obliviousness in all matters Canadian. They don't like Tims because they don't know what Tims is. They don't know. They just do geese shit all day, and it is fucking majestic and funny, like honk-honk, quack-quack-quack-quack! And beautiful scenery, though cities are weird settings for such dumb creatures.

Sounds like you choose fascism as a part of identity politics. How self aware you must be - unless of course this is not true.

>I can't find anything that I could possibly relate myself into anymore. I can't find a single person I can relate to that isn't bullshitting but books are my only refuge.

If I got to your state I think I'd kill myself due to the loneliness.

Get a certificate to operate a piece of medical technology then. You can make close to six figures for like two years of schooling.

Stop blaming ess jay dubba yous for your problems.

I've lost the zest

I've lost

The zest

What have I blamed? I posted only this. I'm dumb as a nigger too.

i'm saying don't get so distracted by your anger that you forget to work. working is going to let you accomplish your dreams. bitching won't do anything but make you feel good for a short time.

The Third Reich was the ultimate multimedia entertainment event. The realisation of the 20th century avant garde, the culmination of 1500 years of German Culture. Gesamtkunstwerk af. I've got nothing to look forward to but ritualised collective self immolation. Think of it as a big ol' middle finger to the aforementioned evil queer neon haired goblins. We shall not go quietly into the night. ABBA+ Hitler=KINO.

youtube.com/watch?v=FxZwNVcdGR4

I need coffee, not tea. But coffee is far, and tea is near. Coffee makes me pee, tea here. Here I need coffee, naughty. But coffee is diuretic, and tea replenishes, vivifies. Yet coffee produces production that over-produces produce, as in hearty, leafy cabbage that can be stored for a long time without going bad, and is still not enough for a complete meal. Tea on the other hand would mean I have a coffee in the other, which I don't, and I'd like to if I didn't have to go buy a cup from the store up the road. Maybe, I will anyhow.

Pfft. Just cause you can see pictures and vids of Nazis doesn't make them shit as far as events go in comparison to any ancient empire. Do you even read books? Do you know anything about history? Have you heard anything about other cultures? Why are fascists always so unaware of their unimaginative brains and how fucking boring their type of conservatism is?

Who else here an Oligarchist?

your face really disgusts me you fucking ugly bitch

It's a whole new level of introspection when you realize your brother suffers from the exact same character flaws and insecurities as you.

My life is so petty and I don't know what would possibly make it meaningful- my mind is petty but my heart knows that there's something else- I feel it every time I'm ever anxious or feel threatened over something ridiculous
I just wish my feelings weren't ridiculous

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>Stop blaming ess jay dubba yous for your problems.

Blaming someone else for your problems is the best way to get ahead in our society. The ess jay dubba yous provide ample proof for this. I mean, everyone can play the game. I don't think I should abstain out of a residual sense of postcolonial guilt, which I don't happen to feel at all. I'm a Nietzschean, a renegade taking a stand against the slave morality regime of our tranny overlords. Instead of denying, I affirm. joyfully.

Ahh yes, the third reich was so glamorous. Too bad it ended in a pile of rubble and with everybody dead.

Generally worthwhile cultural movements result in not everybody dying.

What the devil should I do.

I wa$ busy thinking about boys

>Instead of denying, I affirm. joyfully.

Posting this on Veeky Forums is a performative contradiction.

So? I was a lawyer and ended up working part-time at a store to have time to write my first novel.

Has anyone here ever experienced what they would call "romance"? Can you tell me about it? My protagonist is a hopeless romantic who makes some stunningly bad decisions over women he has never even met. Have you ever loved a woman you barely (or never) spoke to? What was it like?

I can't decide on anything. I second guess things to the point of annihilating any feelings or sensibility of what was originally there, thus resulting in a life that feels cursed.
I am possibly out of things to say, and am struggling to understand WHY people have things to say. I couldn't write anything last night and I felt disgusted that literature exists.
I took the IQ test from the IQ thread and scored 110 which made me very angry, and the effect undoubtedly will last a long time, resulting in me caring even less, possibly quitting my job, or whatever, just general sadness and confusion even though I don't think this particular intelligence test was accurate, it will haunt me and I'll battle with the thought of it, unable to decide what I truly think (as previously stated.)
I feel beat down by the world. Everywhere I go I feel spat on and hated, unwanted, by mere looks, because people look at me and see that I'm ugly. I watch it register in their eyes. Then when greeted by my mundane and boring, stand-offish personality, they really recoil. These experiences are most painful when accompanied by a friend.
Possibly the worst of it is I know I'm a pretty big part of my own problem. I can't blame it on myself completely, but there are components that could be changed and are not out of reach, but it's as though some force stops me from bettering my situation, if not at least changing it.
They go on, too many problems to list, these aren't even the potato meats.

i have an interesting idea for a novel, but im afraid that my real life lack of social interaction will reek or that people will say i ripped off houellebecq

All of this is for nothing. The pain, the misery. It's all pointless.

Say all the list

I'm rootless. Wan't to visit U.S. next year.

Have you released it?

Feeling low and thinking about death again. I turned 27 last month, I'm starting to get fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead, and the reality of mortality and decay is finally dawning on me. For the first time in my life, suicide seems like a viable option at some point in the future, but I'm scared of dying and leaving behind nothing of value. I want to write at least one truly great short story, as a bare minimum.

Time to get into music. Make sure to learn some theory.

My family is trash, man. My father's side more redeemable than my mother's, but both still unmitigated trash.

I'm stressed about a driver's test I have to take, I see myself as not worthy of becoming an adult/man if I can't operate a car. I've connected the issue of transport to problems within other avenues of my life, like dating, where rationally I don't think it matters too much where I live, and I have my motorcycle licence. My inability to get my licence has been mostly due to uncommitted parents, who weren't willing to take me out for the Learners 120 hours that I need to get my probationary licence (Australia). Of course the problems with my parents go far beyond transport as well, stemming back to emotional trauma, it is becoming harder and harder to untangle myself from these mental traps. Last few months I think I was developing severe anxiety but I've dealt with that by cutting my casual drug use completely. I finished the collection of short stories I was writing - self-published it, and it felt great and then I expected when I got feedback it would feel great *again* if my friends and family liked it. They did but I didn't get that expected wave, only from a single person who actually talked to me critically about the stories, the rest of it were simple compliments and observations which I numbly replied "Thanks for the interest."

I saw an ex at a party of our mutual friend a few nights ago. I was talking outside to said mutual, and she approached and told me it was great, I thanked her and then she went on some tirade about how she couldn't even imagine finishing a book "...and just putting that last full stop." I told her it was no big deal and she laughed and went inside. Rationally that conversation is pretty nothing, but god I hate her fucking guts and I just feel pathetic for it. She is a dumb little lamb. I feel like an autistic Hamlet often, and maybe next time I see her I'll screech, "Get thee to a nunnery." that would sure show her...

Things aren't all bad, cutting drugs was a great move and so was ditching my smartphone for a nokia brick so I am not always digitally pining for my last girlfriend who broke up with me because she moved to South America, and finally I am moving to Spain to teach English next year for 6 months and the way things are going here (getting worse before they get better) I hope I won't be back in Vic for a long time.

I really regret pursuing science at university in a vain attempt to contribute to cutting edge research. I realise most of the learning done at uni is pretty much just the same ol listening passively and regurgitating stuff back when need be. I've been so depressed and trying to subdue the creative side in me so I don't get carried away with my daydreams and inevitably forget my real life responsibilities. It's been hard, coming to terms with reality, that passion doesn't translate into results, that academia is no longer about truth seeking, that potentially my entire life will be in a constant state of yearning because I can't seem to work up the desire change something. All I really care about in life is learning and discovery and though childhood freedom leading to timeless absorption in books has given me much pleasure, I can't say the same for my education. I feel so suffocated.

How do I write interesting stuff if I haven't experienced anything worth writing?

I feel like I'll always be a hack because I cannot read fast and also get the full beauty of the text. I'm trying to read Ulysses and It's just such slow going because I don't want to miss anything.

gen z is like the WWI generation, the freikorps mercenaries of Weimar germany. We want war because we know nothing else. They had the trenches, we had Gamergate. Our brains have been laid waste to by memes like theirs were by WWI. This is a short film on the first person experience of fascism.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp6ePKe6iI

Go out and experience interesting stuff, go risk your life, take LSD, climb a mountain, shoot police

Rightly to be great
Is not to stir without great argument,
But greatly to find quarrel in a straw
When honor’s at the stake. How stand I then,
That have a father killed, a mother stained,
Excitements of my reason and my blood,
And let all sleep—while, to my shame, I see
The imminent death of twenty thousand men,
That for a fantasy and trick of fame
Go to their graves like beds, fight for a plot
Whereon the numbers cannot try the cause,
Which is not tomb enough and continent
To hide the slain? Oh, from this time forth,
My thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!

I want to fucking die. Please end this hell. This is a nightmare.

I miss you

I'm sick and tired of being tempted by the spirits of the flesh. I wish I could get away from them but there isn't much I can do right now but log off.

I am here to bait and you are here to click. It has been nice to address you, the nice people of this town in your own town center to help you better understand what me and my industry are about.
I was permitted a good amount of time to voice my own personal opinion on this topic, but I will stick to the facts of my operation. Please direct any questions to our PR director.
My job desires visionary results. This town is now called Plebiae, and this is the symbol that will be attached to all residents clothing items and all advertisements, bill boards, any logos will be replaced by this symbol. I can't talk much on the iconography, but aren't those brush strokes so authentic, so Asian.
I have a degree in Content Engineering, my girlfriend is a small business owner, my life continues. I am a vegan.
And the machine goes back and back and the tape rolls back and his voice plays again.

Overcoming nihilism and self-hatred through physical labor is a major theme that I focus on.

I need to be on medication or something. My mind doesn't work the way it should and it isn't fun anymore.

>I am 34 years old, have a loving wife, and three adoring children. I own a house, two vehicles, and have a high paying job that keeps me mentally stimulated and challenges me.

>I feel I should be if not actually happy, then at least contented with my current life situation, but all I really feel lately is a general malaise, and disappointment with myself, the things I own, and my family.

My girlfriend broke up with me 8days ago. i messed up by making it seem as though i had lost interest. she was the first person i have ever loved, and i told her that i either wanted to get back together, or never speak again. today she told me she never wanted to speak agian and it roughed me up. i was expecting to look past all of the bullshit and get back together.

"He is the weak one, the small one, the frightened one."
I look at the man in front of me, I remember when it once called out, urging me, guiding me. No more, he is screaming in my face. Making me listen to the imperative of action, to take advantage of the now.
"He is the one that is lacking in discipline, whilst I ride strong, steadfast and true. He lacks that capacity to speak the truth towards power. To answer with clarity towards those who would deny him. To crush the kingdom, and voice what he means, taking refuge in the courage of his speech. You hide behind your posture, you hide behind addictions. I am strength beyond strength, I am the beast of worship, a leviathan."
I close my eyes, "you're just a monster, you're just a criminal you should be in chains. You should be shipped off away from me. Just walk away, just leave me be.
"I am king shit of fuck mountain and my strength cannot be denied, only ignored, you are the one in chains."
Kings are no more. You talk of strength you talk of worship, of royalty. You're no king, just an image of the past, a bitter memory.
"A better memory and a vision of the future. The old you will perish, your vices will perish, dedicate to the cause, the cause of now."
You let it all fall apart, the world, your family crumbles around you and you do nothing, you take refuge in your distractions. Decades of distraction.
Now, tomorrow, yesterday, never. All the same.

That's fine. It doesn't matter what speed you read at.

This is really cool. How stressful/difficult was the process? Wasted my time in graduate school in a field I'm not anymore passionate about and now I just want to write. But I'm terrified to take the jump like you did, from being a young professional to working at a store. Not that I'm too proud for it, but that quitting and taking a seemingly random gap can hurt a professional career if things don't pan out. I also just started my first "real" job so I will need to work for a year or so to at least get some cash.

I'm such a fucking worrywart. How do I get over this?

Relax, dude. Women are cold creatures. Go read Hamlet.

Beating yourself up over a woman is just stupid. She left you for her selfish reasons. Get used to it. Also get used to the fact you're going to remember her for the rest of your life. Every single day.

We all have to go thru this. Such is man.

>Hamlet

>A depressed man drives a woman that is in love with him to insanity and eventual death, murders his stepfather and is responsible for the deaths of two innocent servants

Good choice of role model. Are Patrick Bateman or Kurtz on your short list of literary characters to emulate as well?

Should I writr just to write stuff?

I just want a creative outlet...i always get nervous that it will never be good though

Why not? If it helps you, then do it.

True trur
.i wanted to e an english major but i know that doesnt pay well.

I guess i jist want to write poetry and books and put it on my youtube chanmel

Idk that channels really help me cope since its just me doing creative stuff.

Sounds like a slam dunk in that case. I wouldn't agonize over the quality of it too much.

Im just worried about it being lolcow worthy tbqh

Like extremely bad poetry or something..

Thank you friend.

I thought I'd have this figured out by now

God himself could have a YouTube page that would get flamed in the comments sections by idiots.

You'll be fine.

Anyone that puts some part of themselves that leaves them vulnerable up on the internet will get shit on for no real reason by others. Its just ugly human nature I suppose.

Good luck with whatever outlet you pursue.

t. never been in love

No, just never allowed a failed relationship to poison the well, so to speak.

is your body in good physical shape?

I'm trying to wean myself off the habit of looking at erotic stuff on the internet. It's a hard habit to break.

True true

Just my biggest worry for some reason...my biggest worry is becoming a popular oage lmao...

I guess i pit my comedy and other stuff on thrre but still..

our cat has been regurgitating all her food since thursday. we thought it was her new food but when we switched it she still vomited everything up. she's stopped drinking water :( we live in a small country so there were no vets open on saturday, but we're calling around now to see if anyone can take her. she can keep down wet food i add extra water too, but last night she found some dry food and immediately vomited up everything she had been able to keep down. shes such a sweet gentle little kitty

The sureness of this needs to be probed. You are believing something which is not necessarily something which you probably can articulate why, and any amount of deconstructing of the information that you've settled on being true will show you how unsure of this position you'd be if you used reason. Try it for a few years. Deconstruct everything that makes you believe this is pointless. If you are satisfied with the answers, you've probably rewrote philosophy. The point being that your pointless world says more about you being inarticulate. You probably just identify with this idea because you want to be free of the necessity of choices. You're probably like most of the people here who have only feelings and no reasons beyond some second hand account of the universe. Your "this" is maybe for something, but you'll probably never know. Only gods can understand their worlds, and each does so by becoming conscious of their mortality.

The most miserable part of learning a language for me is when I'm still using the textbook and I can't stop myself from thinking "how am I going to remember all this?"

I know I'm retaining most of it OK, but I'm sure many little things are slipping through the cracks. It especially bothers me that I might forget annoying turns of phrase or minor quirks that won't come up for a long time, so I won't practice them, and by the time they do come up I'll be completely baffled.

At least when you're reading real texts, you can simply do your best and assume you're making progress. With the textbook, every new thing it tells me, I can feel the pressure to memorize it.

Then, you Sir, are a toad in that very well. Get out and live i say.

>has fallen for the alt right meme of calling everything wrong in your life marxism and thinks that fascism works
back to /pol/ now my friend

I'm so sorry. I hope she gets well.

>go on /pol/
>mfw these retards think some twitter user getting banned is a victory for the white race and start celebrating

it's just a bunch of manchildren LARPing

leftists have already won

I don't think we can win with this teamcomp. Ez mid is pretty shit nowdays, and rivens are usually trash in my elo. My only hope is that the enemy teams are a bunch of idiots.

I'm reading Lolita and the characterization of Humbert is really on point, specially in regards with his relation with Annabel.
I too had a "girlfriend" around their age. At a certain time, she said she would show me something special the next day. But in this same day, something happened to her father and she had to move out to his city and I never saw her again. Now I don't really care about women older than she was when we used to meet up, unless they look childish and resemble her physically.

>tfw you're out not as abstraction but as direct experience

I had an experience with a 9 year old when I was the same age. I remember when she took off her shirt I was like ''wtf she has no boobs'' and I went soft because of that, and didn't want to go on, and I felt gay and was genuinely worried for years that I was homo. Then as a teen I didn't get girls my age because I was depressed and never went out, and was socially retarded of course, and the only female who payed attention to me was my 9yo cousin who had a crush for me, and I started spending more and more time with her because I was lonely, but thankfully I told all that to my therapist and worked it out before I became a Humbert.

Literature is just a byproduct of Mind. It contains nothing and is worth nothing.

who's he fuchin

same.