Orson Scott Card

I liked the Ender/bean series, I read every book in it.

Has he written anything else that is as good? If not, rec me something good to read by another writer.

I'm a teenager. Anything YA also works but nothing in the vein of John Green.

Are you looking for more SF, or just anything YA that isn't shit?

either of those. I just want something to read.

BUMP!

He looks like the neighborhood coach who molested me.

I read his most recent series. It wasn't that good.

You could write a story about a neighborhood rapist who rapes people. I'd read it OP.

I'll write a short story for ya.

I'll post it in a week on this chinese origami board. I'll choose the setting.
I think you'll hate it.

I'll post under the name "SSWriter" so you can find me.

wish me luck.

If you're gonna read a Mormon author, at least make it good

the ender series isn't mormon, though.

>the ender series isn't mormon
oooh yes it is. Read up on LDS mytho- uh, theology. In the meantime here's a book for you.

If you're into cheesy fast paced light scifi try Piers Anthony or John Varley. Slightly heavier "Rendevous With Rama" by Clarke, "Ringworld" by Niven and "Gateway" by Pohl; all three have the same unknown/inscrutable alien element as "Ender's Game".

It totally is. (Assuming you're not OP) did you read beyond the first book? (Assuming you are OP) are you not familiar with Mormonism?

The first several books of the Alvin Maker series were good. I didn't finish the series yet.

>did you read beyond the first book
yes
>are you not familiar with Mormonism
no

I liked The Sword of Truth. Is this like that?

>I liked The Sword of Truth. Is this like that?
You mean "Momo"? It's a contemporary fairy tale with a young protagonist fighting unstoppable evil. I'm not familiar with Goodkind.

The Alvin Maker fantasy series mentioned by has a much more explicit LDS subtext a la C.S. Lewis (btw you might like Lewis' Space Trilogy). Since this thread went slightly religious you should read "His Dark Materials" if you haven't already. Could be too juvenile for you now but Will Parry is every bit the mary sue Ender is.

>You mean "Momo"?
yes

>Alvin Maker
I'll read that. Right now I'm reading Songmaster by O.S. Card and it's great.

I watched the "His Dark Materials" movie once and the book's spoiled for me now.

in the unknown/inscrutable alien subgenere, "Children of Time" by Adrian Tchaikovsky is also very good, as is the "Foreigner" series by C.J. Cherryh.

Is this hread n autosage or simething? Why?

Stephen King sounds up your alley then. Something I read when I just want something fun and comfy to read during a rainy day. Not that hard, long books, horror, good and weird characters.

>Is this like that?
You mean garbo?

I'm probably going to get shit for this buy try "The Sirens of Titan" by Kurt Vonnegut. One of my favorite reads back in HS.

Enough with the damn viral cross promotion. Sure hope you're getting paid to spam this place as none of us are gonna pay for the movie or a fresh reprint of the book.

>I watched the "His Dark Materials" movie once and the book's spoiled for me now.
It's a trilogy, the movie only covers the first book. The second focuses on a male protagonist who must save the universe, pretty close to Ender, although Ender's character is more like Lyra in many ways. The third reveals the nature of the universe they inhabit, generated some controversy for its anti-religious themes.

lol, this is the first stephen king related reply I've posted for weeks. Picked up IT again because of the movie.