.mobi

Do you know where i can download e-books in .mobi format?

I'm sorry if this is not the ideal board for request this.
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

securityfocus.com/bid/50491/discuss
megatools.megous.com/
github.com/prasmussen/gdrive
github.com/jminh/transfer.sh
amazon.com/
epubgratis.org
lectulandia.com
damelibros.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gen.lib.rus.ec (with mirror at libgen.io)

Epub → mobi through calibre

sauce
(Bibliotik → Myanonamouse) → Mobilism → libgen → irchighway #ebooks → undernet #bookz → TPB → VK

Why does everyone recommend these sites? The formats the books are uploaded in are shit, it's illegible. IRC is kinda ok.

I'd recommend the web page I use, but they only upload books in spanish.

soulseek. it's an old fashioned program like napster, originally designed for sharing music, but there are lots of ebook collections on there and you can find some obscure stuff

Just go to the library.

just convert the epubs desu. You can find some in gen lib as someone else mentioned or vk docs

Grandpa torrent sites like demonoid (.pw) and TPB have large collections, sometimes format specific, sometimes mixed. You have to search around a bit but they're there. Try "Kindle collection/pack" for mobi files. Demonoid seems a little better for e-books.

You are literally incorrect, unless you are randomly downloading pdfs and converting them without looking.

Mobilism and Bibliotik in particular actually award retail uploads. Libgen has tons of scans if you are looking for non fiction.

Seconding this. Soulseek is a godsend

All the books on gutenberg.org are available in .epub, download them and convert them to .mobi with Calibre. Takes all of ten seconds.

Book piracy is low for some reason.

I'm working on my own Calibre Library with good formatting and covers and so on but I'm not sure if I should make it public for Veeky Forums due to possible vulnerabilities or whatnot to my server. Would it be a bad idea?

>soulseek
>ebooks
holy shit, i never thought of it that way

It'd probably be better as a torrent or something like that. I'm not /g/ or anything but it just feels safer.

I'm not exactly /g/ but I've been torrenting for a long time and like to answer questions on /ptg/ when they aren't full of shit.

The danges:

TORRENTING:
1. Exposes your IP up to the possibility of being DMCA'd by an annoyed copyright provider. Depending on where you live DMCA → Sent to ISP → Sent to you. In some countries like USA you can lose internet access or get fined/sued.

CALIBRE
1. Probably exposes your IP too especially if you can download books off it. One /g/ user called spaghetti opened a shitton on bibliotik scifi to the internet via his calibre with no (apparent) issues but he was probably serving it off another server NOT HIS HOME COMPUTER
2. Calibre might be hacked remotely as it was in the past. See the URL below for information
securityfocus.com/bid/50491/discuss

SAFEST ROUTE:
Uploading your files to a remote website like Mega etc and link to it here. Because it's being served off someone else's website you won't get into trouble from your ISP and there is no risk of having your own server hijacked.

>1. Probably exposes your IP too especially if you can download books off it. One /g/ user called spaghetti opened a shitton on bibliotik scifi to the internet via his calibre with no (apparent) issues but he was probably serving it off another server NOT HIS HOME COMPUTER

It's a dedicated server, not my home PC, that I use to host some vidya like Wurm as well as my Plex stuff. Of course I still dont want it to get haxxd.

I figured Calibre wasnt the safest thing around which is why I didnt share anything so far, I'll think about it further.

Who's hosting your dedi?

Its a kimsufi/OVH dedi.

My experiences:

1. Some weird epub features work much better in Kindle's azw format than in mobi. When using Calibre & Kindle always convert to azw, not to mobi.

2. Mobilism's quality is usually better than libgen's

3. Some books are impossible to pirate as ebooks, mostly because there are no ebooks. I haven't found a good quality ebook of Caro's Power Broker, for example.

4. For out-of-copyright books, I find ebooks@adelaide to have nicer formatting than Gutenberg. Gutenberg's older books have been uploaded as raw txt by the founder and then later converted to mobi/epub, while all books from ebooks@adelaide are epub/mobi from the start.

5. For sharing files, setting up a dumb ftp allowing anonymous login is probably your safest bet if you want to host it, or put it on mega if you don't want to host it. Torrents have the drawback that you'll have to seed for a long time, and the torrent will die after a while.

You know I'd feel a bit uh-uh about doing it on a kimsufi after what happened to what.cd even though france is pretty laissez faire about the torrenting things.

There are a lot of tools for uploading to DDL sites from CLI that are super easy to use (I don't have any linux experience but I could use them)

Mega.co.nz uploading
megatools.megous.com/
This one's probably the hardest to install but is the most flexible because you can store a SHITLOAD on mega.

github.com/prasmussen/gdrive
Very easy to use and it's relatively easy to make new google accounts for the purpose.

github.com/jminh/transfer.sh
Easiest to use but beware of the timelimit for files and the file limit!

Hi OP! Your number one source of mobi files is amazon.com, a wonderful company that doesn't at all lock consumers into its ecosystem with proprietary file formats, nor does it exploit its warehouse workers as cogs in a hyper-effective machine like something out of Metropolis. Enjoy!
amazon.com/

>3. Some books are impossible to pirate as ebooks, mostly because there are no ebooks. I haven't found a good quality ebook of Caro's Power Broker, for example.
Please read the screenshotted post for a good explanation on why some books are shit hard to get.

Private trackers have a pretty high fill rate if you've got buffer to burn, I put in a request yesterday and had a 10 USD book bought within 5 hours.

you're a cringemaster, you won't get DMCA'd for downloading books.

The problem with that is that I really enjoy how Calibre does it, as it has many ways to display books that are a lot comfier than just lists and lists.

For example, pic related.

OP is intending to host a filesharing service on their IP, the crawling of the address by a DMCA bot if the server is visible on google is a guaranteed DMCA as well as the fact that idiots can't keep their hands off open directories and will share it fucking everywhere resulting in OP getting DMCA'd if some fag posts it on reddit for example.

>I'd recommend the web page I use, but they only upload books in spanish.
Which one user? Im using epublibre, it has a good catalogue, but not big enough.

The handful of books I downloaded from those sites had weird formatting(mixed title and author, three or more spaces between lines, etc). It may have just been coincidence. Didn't use mobilism though.

These are the sites I use:
epubgratis.org
lectulandia.com
damelibros.com

The formats/traductions are always on point, and between the three i've never had any problems with finding the books I want(Although that may be because the books I read are not obscure whatsoever).

>When using Calibre & Kindle always convert to azw, not to mobi.
>Mobilism's quality is usually better than libgen's
Agree on both