Is "It" worth it?

Is "It" worth it?

Mom-core pop horror.

THOSE FUCKING DIGITS

I thought it was pretty good, not a groundbreaking g literary milestone in any possible way, but I really enjoyed the scale and epic scope of it, and the parts of it describing the way character's fears (not like of the killer clown but more like the things we all go through and worry about when growing up and trying to become our own people) overwhelm them but then they are able to face them are really powerful, it resonated a lot with me at the time I read it.

How old were you when you read it, would it resonate with say someone aged 19-20?

Yeah I feel like that may be the perfect age, I was 20 at the time

Quit making this thread. I know it's you spamming the King threads every day.

I read Salem's Lot' and enjoyed it. I think King describes pretty well how it is to be a kid and be afraid of something. I kinda want to read It but the movie terrified me when I was a kid, so that and seeing it's so freakin' long stops me every time I think of getting a copy.

It's a 1200+ page book about a shape-shifting clown. Just go and read War and Peace or something if you really want to read a long book.
Save yourself the time and watch the movie instead.

IT doesn't hold up well after repeated readings but I did like how as a kid I could read it as a straight up horror story and how it changed for me as I got older. The core concept is creepy af if you think about it. It's a shapeshifting elder horror of the universe that gets off on fear sweetened kid meat. Adults can't or won't see it unless it wants to be seen by them. Some parts of the book work better than others obviously but overall it's worth it to read for a few scares. Stan, as an adult who's blocked out all but the most hazy memories of IT commits suicide rather than face IT again as an adult when he receives a phonecall from Mike urging him to come back to Derry and honor his promise to fight IT again. He's too pragmatical to deal with the reality of a real life boogeyman.

I've read all of SK's works, ama.

The Mike Hanlon interludes were great, as were young Beverly Marsh's nude scenes.

Worth it for the gangbang scene.

Its a pretty fucking great book.

You haven't read all or it...have you? The last parts suck balls. Not bad writing really, but bad plot. Cosmic turtles and shit. Stephen King did a lot of cocaine at the time and so did many people who read his works at the time and found them to be genius. Now, his career is fueled at least 60% by intense hype.

Thats what makes it a good book, its prime King at the apex of his cocaine habit.

Read it for the sole purpose of seeing how bat shit insane King was on cocaine.

See >young Beverly Marsh's nude scenes.
Oh? Besides the gang bang?

Stephen King is a very entertaining writer.
Not every book has to be high-art, there's nothing wrong with pulp every now and then and Stephen King does it very well.

>pic
Reminds me of that one copypasta, kek, but still a good point.

Yeah so wanna explain this opinion?

The cosmic turtle part is the fun part, ya stooge. He is going beyond reality.

>read this online due to the controversy
Hmm that's weird
>watch the miniseries and realize they're all literal little kids
Unironically what did Stephen king mean by writing that

C O C A I N E
O
C
A
I
N
E

It makes more sense in context of the book, and why Beverly might be doing it to “reclaim” herself and to unite the gang.

That said - it makes more sense that King had spent so much time with these people and gone to so many crazy places that he figured fucking was a natural step.

I like IT, but some of the imagery's fucked up. Like who the fuck would want to read about a kid getting a hard on by locking puppies in a fridge. Oh wait this is Veeky Forums, nevermind

Yeah its worth reading but I'm frustrated by King. He's moments of actual creepiness and suspense are absolutely drowned out by his gagging Americana and references to obscure songs like "Hey Jude". Its a good book but could be like 200 pages shorter.
He's a decent writer but the man always seems to ham up the endings.

He's best work is the Shining and his short stories.

>Hey Jude
>obscure

>Thats the joke

Whats the joke though?

King is what is known scientifically as a pedophile

>facilitate the robbery of your own fucking inheritance and pension

>lie to the person that would immediately stop doing it if he knew

great logic

thats a brilliant encapsulation of anti-intellectualism. I think normies hear about the silliest afro-caribean anarcho-feminist paleo-communist theory of the week and think 'thats what college is!' I just like a fun story:)

There isn't a condensed version of IT anywhere, is there? I wanna read the books for the weirder bits I hear are left out of the adaptations, but idk if I've got 1k+ pages in me.

"It" and "Different Seasons" are the only King books I ever recommend. Oh, and "Misery". "It" is quite good, and surprisingly sad. King fleshes out the character extremely well and you come to cling and feel sorry for them. That's probably the biggest takeaway I got from reading it. Just a long, sad story of fucked up people, fucked up as kids by their fucked up parents and the local specter just fucking their shit up like a bad haircut.

King books are really easy to skim. There are loads of disposable chapters and scenes in every one of his novels. It's not like his prose must be given all your attention.

>idk if I've got 1k+ pages in me
Why are you here, bud?

It's not that long of a read, and really, when it comes to thick, juicy tomes, you're supposed to savor it and take your time. I got lost in Les Mis. Was fuego, compadre.

Is "what" worth it?