Dad went to see the new st*ph*n k*ng movie

>Dad went to see the new st*ph*n k*ng movie
>Say that since I read a lot of books I should read st*ph*n k*ng
>Tell him I don't really like him
>He says I can't dislike his books because I've never read any
>Tell him I don't need to read any of them because he writes disposable genre fiction trash
>Dad gets really pissed off at me and goes on at me about how the st*nd is the best book ever written
>Says that "your fancy books haven't helped you get a job since you finished University you lazy cunt." and storms off
>Now he's threatening to kick me out at the end of the month

Thanks mr k*ng

Wow. I wonder how you could win this...

Oh yeah! Get a fucking job you invalid. Then you might understand the value of a relaxing yet stimulating read after a hard day's contribution to the world.

t. Not a King fan.

>stphnkng.jpg

Ahahaha you sound like a massive faggot, your dad is right to kick you out. I wouldn't want to live with a constant reminder that my son is a failure.

>>Says that "your fancy books haven't helped you get a job since you finished University you lazy cunt." and storms off
Top kek, your dad rekt you. Enjoy living on the street, fag.

He didn't wreck me he just showed how fucking insecure he really is. He won't kick me out I'll just have to get a shitty job at Tesco or something for a while.

Yeah, he is insecure about being a failed father with a useless son.

Up until you mentioned university I was laughing at the adolescent arrogance but knowing you are grown ass man and still talk like this and post this shit makes it that much more pathetic. Grow the fuck up faggot. You cant restrain the growing awareness of your intellectual mediocrity by acting like an pretentious cunt who just discovered there are authors beyond Stephen king. Either accept your place in the world or actually do something to change it

>having enough mental energy to read after work
Are you even contributing to the world? When I get home from work the only thing I'm capable of doing is yelling at the failures on Judge Judy and Dr. Phil and then passing out to reruns of King of Queens before I can even finish rubbing one out to the hot wife.

After putting the kids to bed I usually only feel like fucking my wife and having a beer or joint and playing a bit of fallout. But I place reading King on basically the same level of effort as these activities.

You have nothing to say and you actually dont have a real crave for knowledge. When it's really, nothing would hold you back because it'll occupy your every thought. You just want to be comfortable and content and is more interested in the idea of reading or creating than actually doing it. Your types are the ones who talk about reading more than actually reading

*when it's real

Please let this be real.

>Tell him I don't need to read any of them because he writes disposable genre fiction trash
You shouldn't have included this line, your bait was almost believable

>you are morally prohibited from having a realistic appraisal of literature unless your entire life is in order
rly activated my almonds chump

>have a shitty 9-5 job
>have to keep my son
>money is tight, but I make it to the end of the month
>love my son, even supported him through his dream to become a writer, but he hasn't done much after he got out of college. Seems like he feels too good to get a job that doesn't envolve writing
>I feel bad because I think he must feel really frustrated, but sadly he doesn't say much so I don't know how to get to him
>one day after a shitty day at work decide to relax and watch a movie at the local cinema
>nothing interesting besides this Stephen King movie
>"if it's half as good as carrie then it will be fine"
>it's quite good actually
>the plot is engaging, but hard to predict. A classic King trademark
>on my way home think about talk about this with my son. He loves reading, so perhaps he would like to talk about a King movie
>when I enter his room he's hearing this "tool" stuff while browsing this weird forum with images and green letters
>start telling him about this awesome King movie
>he scoffs (of course he does) and tell me that King is "a hack" and doesn't like his books
>ask him if he has read any of them
>scoffs again and tell me that he doens't need to
>tell him that then he can't talk shit about good ol' king if he hasn't read him
>says the most pretentious thing ever. "Come on dad, he writes disposable genre fiction trash for the proles"
>what the fuck? What do I have to do to have a normal conversation with this ungrateful son of a bitch
>tell him that "the stand" is the best book ever written
>he make that stupid look, like he was saying "come on dad, you can't be this stupid"
>tell him "Well, it's not like those fancy books of yours have helped you to get a job since you finished university, you lazy cunt"
>get out his room
>can't believe he's such an annoying and ungrateful dick. I have only supported him and he treats me like this? This can't happen
>go later to his room and tell him that he has to leave the house at the end of the month
>3 days has happened since that
>feel regret about telling him that, but can't go back on my words
Was I too harsh with him? Should I apologize?

>You have nothing to say and you actually dont have a real crave for knowledge. When it's really, nothing would hold you back because it'll occupy your every thought. You just want to be comfortable and content and is more interested in the idea of reading or creating than actually doing it. Your types are the ones who talk about reading more than actually reading

>mfw i'm that guy

not the guy you're replying to but how does one cultivate this thirst for knowledge?

shit i should call my dad

> how insecure he is
> came to vent on Veeky Forums after he pissed off his dad
remain cucked

>go on Veeky Forums
>posts are rife with grammatical errors

Tell us more about actually reading.

I don't proofread when I'm typing on my phone

Your dad is right you young fucking clown. Never judge shit you haven't tried yourself.

by finding reasons for finding things interesting. When you're interested in something you'll do it. Read up on all the benefits of reading and the studies done on the subject and you'll inevitably start reading more, especially if you have an inferiority complex like yours truly.

> I'm an asshole who is terrified of trying new things, and I tear apart my dad's interests
> My dad is angry
> Wtf

lol mad teens

Your dad just wanted to have a conversation with you. Why do you tear him down like that? This makes me sad, OP. I used to be the same way and it destroyed my relationship with my dad. I hope you can mend things with your dad before it's too late OP.

this whole exchange is far too convenient.

it is in this gentleman's opinion that this anecdote is in fact a work of fiction as well.

>He says I can't dislike his books because I've never read any
Dad has a pretty good point there, OP.

> be OP
> be a NEET
> still have the arrogance to pass derisive judgement on anyone successful
> sperg out on my dad when he tries to relate to my hobbies
> blame it all on Stephen King
> decide to post about it on Veeky Forums and censor a bunch of the words for no reason

ah the classic "i'm not trying" excuse
the hallmark of a great literary mind
definitely not a hipster shitposting faggot mindlessly expelling posts like farts

ah the classic attacking grammer on an image board insight
definitely not a hipster shitposting faggot mindlessly expelling posts like farts

Another father and son relationship ruined by Stephen King.

You're retarded for having an opinion without experiencing. Your father is retarded for that comment about fancy books. My advice is that the two of you, if you continue to cohabitate, should not breed together.

based dad

He's not wrong.

You're literally judging a book on its cover.

It's just a phase, hell grow out of it.

>expecting normals to ever understand something like this

Well, user's dad's isn't wrong in the sense that he's an unemployed loser but user is correct in his summation of King's works (jej: if you could even call them that)

>Says that "your fancy books haven't helped you get a job since you finished University you lazy cunt."

you don't actually SAY you don't like stephen king and wouldn't read his book to a pleb, you autistic fuck
what kind of reaction were you expecting?
he was trying to bond with you and you were a cunt

this is fucking tragic as fuck

Perhaps you should be nicer to your dad.

How about you get a job?

>why would anyone judge something based on intuition and sensory organs

>Not being able to enjoy high end literature and King

You deserve this.

maybe not be a cunt to your dad?

>sensory organs
>hasn't read the books

And which sense would that be? Definitely not sight or hearing. Do you know braille and accidentally brushed one of the pages? Can you smell the story? Or are you just a vapid cunt who can't form his own opinions and looks to a Persian basket weaving sight for guidance?

>acting like a pretentious dickhead to the guy you are sponging off of
Retard

You are judging it solely by popular perception, and likely only came to have this opinion because somebody who impressed you had it first and you are just emulating them, similar to how a young child repeats a one-liner from a movie he likes over and over again to every person he knows even if he doesn't really understand what it means. I would wager that you have few if any real opinions about books, genre fiction or literary, and that you've simply fallen into the habit of borrowing opinions from more educated people and passing them off as your own so that you can opine about books you've never read as if you were some kind of authority.

Oh what a spiteful, sick man you are.

If you were to come across a cover with vampires and wolverines and read the title "twilight", look to the back and read reviews from guardian or bbc describung this genre fiction as "a highly enticing romance", would i be wrong to look the other way?

You're free to have an opinion. Trying to dress your uninformed opinion as fact, or even more laughably to be elitist about your uninformed opinion, makes you a twat. All you have to say is "I've never read it and it never really interested me" and you've just given a polite, succinct opinion encompassing all your knowledge on the topic. If you offer more than that then you're just being pretentious.

My "uninformed opinion" is merely a value judgement - and in no way a fact.

I read Twilight. It was shit but I'm glad to have had a proper reference.

Good for you. I, on the other hand, am glad to be prejudiced enough to make these judgements without having read them. If I were not, I would still be tumbling around in commercial discharge.

doesn't it feel like a waste of time though? The only terrible book I've ever read on purpose was The Alchemist. I don't regret reading it, but if the book was two or three times as long it would just feel like a waste of time.