Books that made you cry

never let me go
the virgin suicides
mason and dixon
smugglers bible
the remains of the day
vurt

thefucks with grills eyebrows these days?

jennifer egan's

Stoner. I thought it was just a Veeky Forums meme to say that but then I actually read it.

>That moment when Stoner and Grace have a mutual moment of understanding followed by laughter only to have bitch ass Edith ruin it.

Final chapter of the Return of the King
The Catcher in the Rye

my diary desu

This. That fucking ending had me crying for the next hour.

The thing I love about the emotional climax is that you have to read the entire book to understand it. It can't be spoiled for you because it's not the events themselves.

tfw gay

I've only cried actual tears from reading poetry. Yeats, Eliot and Auden ("You’ve all eternity in which to read it") ... I can't go near them any more (and I've read all of their work).

>What might have been and what has been
>Point to one end, which is always present.
>Footfalls echo in the memory
>Down the passage which we did not take
>Towards the door we never opened
>Into the rose-garden.

>only used to seeing girls faces covered in cum

same, the one and only

This

Also One Hundred Years of Solitude recently, but a lot of books make me cry

I had a serious surgery 6 months ago and at that time i was reading M&D. I actually calmed myself before getting drugged by thinking these two talk. Dixon with his jokes. Mason with his melancholy. Dont know if that counts for crying...

Also war and war destroyed me this summer.

The Bible
Phaedo

literally no other

Les Miserables made me cry a few times. This shit is my cryptonite.

Don Quixote and The Iliad broke my heart as well. Didn't expect that Don Quixote would leave me feeling so upset though.

New age feminist ideas means women who don't shave, dye their armpits and have bushier eyebrows is more common.

There was this girl at uni who had eyebrows like in pic related and she was literally "nobody cares about animals like they do, especially if they eat meat"; "not shaving my armpits see how it goes lol"; nose ring; ears pierced to shit; tattoos ranging from kinda cute to what the fuck get it removed; etc.

All of this aside, she was very sweet, a bit ditsy and I'd probably have slept with her if I had the chance. I got her to read The Road and Requiem for a Dream.

>crying about books

Ulysses and Mortal y Rosa. Might have a thing for books about fathers of dead children.

I think it's hot as fuck

There was a particular passage in Against the Day that got me, I must confess

Too many desu. I remember my first as a child was Bridge To Terabithia. I was so shaken that I could be so moved by something to produce a reaction like that. Helped me appreciate from an early age that writing matters and it's important to recognise the difference between good and bad quality stories.

Which one?

Honestly I haven't read a book recently that didn't. I thought the Iliad was going to be mostly sterile with a bit of violence, but it has so much impact from multiple angles. I heard from people that the Odyssey was just an adventure story, but it has so much more to it. The Bible has so much humanity packed into it, it just hits with so many personal tragedies again and again, makes me want to tear my clothing. Then read Stoner thanks to you people. And then some Carver, then Joyce.

Perdido Street Station. Lin's fate was just too much.

>Lin was an artist

alright, i took it

East of Eden, Member of the Wedding (McCullers) because it was so relatable

>East of Eden
I shed a few man-tears.

My nigga, you ain't lying. Les Mis fucked me all the way up. When Cossete is forced to fetch a pail of water in the dark, and how she's struggling with the cold handle and she's crying out to god in the night. Or when they're back at the Inn and Valjean sees her playing with a lead sword cos she ain't got shit else to play with. Or when Fantine is selling her teeth for money... I could go on. Les Mis is fucking painful. Another is Jude the Obscure. Most depressing fucking shit I've ever read.

The ending of The Dead from Dubliners.

Fantine section of Les Miserables
End of Don Quixote
End of Stoner
End of Under the Volcano
Pokler's story in Gravity's Rainbow
The chapter where everyone's deaths are summarized in Catch-22

Odd. I thought I picked another picture.

>tfw the only thing close to literature that made me cry was a four hour long visual novel
it's a weird feel

Fuck. The feels are coming back.

I did too, and not even gay. I found parts of it to be extremely effecting, even if large parts of it were needlessly cruel

Same desu

Did you finish it? The very end with the garuda lad's transformation was touching in a weird way

I mostly cry reading poetry.
I've cried reading Pessoa, Rilke, Frost...

I also cried at the end of The Metamorphosis. I cried in class while we were reading Plato's Republic.

I cry listening to music too. That happens all the time.

Not a visual novel, but I almost cried to the Kizumonogatari LN today when it is almost revealed that Kissshot wanted Ararararararagi to kill her the whole time and then again a few pages later when it was hinted she came to die in Japan out of love for her previous servant

My ex has thick somewhat thick eyebrows. I find them very appealing, they are light brown and match her hair, and she isn't far from being a ginger. In many cases, thick eyebrows are hot.

+1

>I cried in class while we were reading Plato's Republic.
I almost cried tears of joy at the beauty of Plato's system while reading Will Durant's The Story of Philosophy today. So it was not even a primary source. God I'm such a faggot. Too weak to be in the philosopher ruling class

The Painted Bird is pretty fuckin sad. It ends happily I guess. Still, a lot of fucked up stuff happens to the little Gypsy boy in the book.

I cried from having read Ovid's Metamorphoses when I saw a statue in Rome of Apollo and Daphne with the original Latin transcribed into the marble. It made me feel so connected through thousands of years to both the sculptor and Ovid himself.

Brothers Karamazov
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man