Top 5 books

Of the western canon. What's the consesus. Is there a chart?

fard on my dick

W&P, Anna Karenina, In Search of Lost Time, Crime and Punishment, To the Lighthouse.

>i've been reading for two years-core

Christian route:
Bible
Divine Comedy
Faust (sort of)
Moby Dick
Brothers Karamazov

Secular/Pagan route:
Iliad/Odyssey
Don Quixote (sort of)
Tristram Shandy
Ulysses
Lolita

Yeah I know there's fucking 6 in the second one but the Odyssey is practically a sequel and I didn't want to duel which of Homer had more significance. If you want you can replace Lolita which I was most hesitant about or replace it with whatever pomo novel wets your whistle as it shows progression in the canon but for the life of me I wouldn't. No philosophy either, and in terms of encapsulating modernism Ulysses does it far better than Proust

Good books bad list

Also worth mentioning I didn't put Shakespeare or Paradise Lost though I'm a fan of both as I kind of handicapped myself there with the division and they're pretty difficult to categorize (P. Lost could fit comfortably after The Divine Comedy but it would be slightly redundant but really not at all)

Bible
Homer
Divine Comedy
Hamlet
Brothers Karamazov / Ulysses (Pick your poison)

Indisputable list

>not only am i using two russians, i am using two books by the same russian
first off, hop off the slave rapist's dick. it won't serve you here to drool all over him. he's trash that was outperformed in purity by Turgenev.
Second, broaden one's horizons in era, ffs. You're currently stuck in 19th century russia and the early 20th's modern movement. They're all spectacular books, except for Tolstoy, naturally, the lying prick, but do they serve as the greatest source of literature that man has ever known? by what metric do you consider these works great? have you considered any metric to begin with?

To OP, no. There is not nor can there be a concensus.

*consensus

>The author's life and personal character mean the books aren't as good as people say.

Spoken like a true numale.

bah, you think that the foundation of a work of literature is not the man? you think if he is rotten that the work does not crumble? well, we are different types of man, you and i.

not that user but you replied in the most queefed out nu-male way possible. gud 1 fagit.

AHahaha

ahuh.
well, i suppose if one wishes to load bricks onto a rotten rat infested swamp, they can do so.
fuck em. and fuck you.

>can't even help himself from responding crudely even when the topic of discussion is his supposed disdain for rottenness

typical nu-male. they pretend to be super progressive then throw all that shit out the window when the first moment they feel heated. you're a fucking larper.

>implying saying fuck is at base a rottenness in any league with raping slaves or forcing cattlehood on one's own wife
yes yes, look, the only part of Anna Karenina that was worth a damn was when Levin was mowing grass. a candid autobiographical moment, you see? now, let us then examine turgenev's sportman's sketches and see this same beauty, not putrefied by the menace of advice, nor faux philosophy. Tolstoy is a liar, a cheat, and has no place in my heart.
One could say Turgenev was a bit of a jerk for stealing all of Goncharov's ideas and sharing them with Flaubert, but then we would have to believe what appears to be a madman.
Accentuating one's response with fuck does not undermine one's purpose, instead it serves me to disassociate from you, or one like you. it is to no good end that i quibble with you or any man over Tolstoy.

damage control in overdrive.

you're a fucking larper. you can't say something as high horse as
>well, we are different types of man, you and i.
then proceed swear someone out the very next post and convince yourself that wasn't hypocrisy because there are worse things in the world.

you're a fakity fake fake.

>you can't
ha, as if i give a shit what you think i can and cannot do.
go back to calling people numales and fagits. it's very compelling and insightful.

>ha, as if i give a shit what you think i can and cannot do.

you clearly do. you wouldn't have nervously posted that literary singsong in response if you didn't.

all you do is larp. any user reading your posts can tell. you stink of faux progressive larping. you're a worm cunt.

i think you would be best accomodated by /pol/

that's right. everyone that calls you on your bullshit is clearly a /pol/ subversive. the larp continues.

i just hate fake cunts. you talk big game ie: "different types of man" then leap in the shit with the rest the second you get miffed. nothing about it is genuine. you'd have to be delusional not to see this.

just go back to /pol/, it's where you belong.

It get's worse everytime you respond

How many of you have read the books you list ITT

I have been bitten by a spider.
Going back to my yo-yo.
You'll forget.
I'll be back.

Horrible list

Where is the route developed for (cultural) marxism which seeks to destroy the culture fostered by the values in the aforementioned books?

>this post

>implying.
It is comfy, having head in sand?

Lets start with POS, Das Kapital and Dialect of Enlightenment.

probably have to be more genre specific to make any really interesting lists.

my favorite is theogonic sagas:

Apuleius - The Golden Ass
Dante - Divine Comedy
Milton - Paradise Lost
Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
Nietzsche - Thus Spake Zarathustra

but I also like philosophical memoirs:

Augustine - Confessions
Benvenuto Cellini - Autobiography Of
Rousseau - Confessions
Nietzsche - Ecce Homo
Henry Miller - The Rosy Crucifixion

it certainly wasn't any literature that led to "cultural" Marxism.. lul

Cultural bolshevism / marxism owes lot to Marx.

/pol/posting reached scatological levels that shouldn't be possible.

Iliad
Bible
Divine Comedy
Shakespeare (if the bible counts I'll count this too)
Paradise Lost

>Apuleius - The Golden Ass
forgot I had it, thanks for reminding me to read it.

>Bible (must include epic of gilgamesh as all other appropriated stories from civilizations like ancient egypt and sumer, and a summary of how religion is just a personification of the progression of seasons and bicameralism)

>Iliad and Odyssey

>The Golden Ass

>Divine Comedy

>War and peace

OR:

>Harry potter series
>Infinite Jest
>Twilight
>The Fault in our Stars
>The Alchemist

This list is probably the closest to what would be considered correct

>c+f blood meridian