Just bought this. Did I get memed on, or do we really like it?

Just bought this. Did I get memed on, or do we really like it?

It's good. I have no idea if 'we' like it or not though. Hopefully your goal is to read good books, not acquire in-group status on an anonymous image board through participation in vacuous "meme" culture centered around various arbitrary preferences.

why not both?

we like it, it's on the 2017 list

Haven't seen 2017's version yet,but it's better than the previous years barring some memes (moby-dick should be higher)

please stop posting that

>stop posting literature on the literature board
>please post more peterson memes and racebaitng
kys faggot

It's better than lotr (i mean, not that it's hard)

This isn't Veeky Forums's top 100, it was compiled by some fags on discord.

>read first section
>some old nig and his wooden horses gets told someone had a baby
>15 pages
I've been memed.

die teens

I hated it. I have no idea how you can read it. The atmosphere represents all that I don't like. Guess that is why it's good.

just started it as well. i only have book one so there's no urgency to finish the entire trilogy.if i had the trilogy id have to read it all even if i didnt like it. probably autism

It's a true classic OP. You chose well. Stick with it!

Its not for everyone. The pace is slow because the language is saturated with elaborate descriptions. There are zero likeable characters in the traditional sense. But it yields great beauty if you can digest the pompous descriptions and actually visualize it, and its hilarious too. Its basically satire and has to be read as such. Also, the last book is kind of a let down. I gave up on it first two times I tried. Then returned to it ten years older and got completely immersed. It beats other 'high fantasy' by lengths with its dark humor and lush imagery.

Update: 50 pages in. I love it. I read a lot and very rarely feel really engrossed in a book, I never feel swept away from reality and thrust into a new world. This book might just be the closest I've come to that feeling. I really get lost in those wonderful scenes and sentences. I hope it keeps up what is making it this enjoyable.

>There are zero likeable characters in the traditional sense.
What exactly are you talking about?

i dont know, i couldnt stand everything with the chef. ill press on but im not too excited anymore.

Post actual list then

In the first 50 pages he's only appeared once, and it seems like everyone hates him, so he hasn't really bothered me much. His three pages of "ok I'm about to sing, I'm really about to sing here we go, hold on, ok here we go" was testing my patience, but I know people like that in real life so all in all it was believable enough.

You're going to love Steerpike once he actually starts scheming and shit. I didn't like Titus much as a main character in the second novel but I've not read three and beyond. Are the last two book working? I heard the fourth one goes in some retarded places

>Steerpike
>not likeable

Neck yourself famalam

Prunequallor's one of the most noble characters in literature. Just wait till you get to his bonding with Fuschia

ive reached the 50 page mark and the book has definitely gotten better. the part with lady groan was great.
the only problem was i thought this was more of a medieval story but it seems it's more of a late renaissance story. which isnt really bad, just not what i was expecting.

I loved that part.
>have a baby, heir to the throne
>"bring him back when he's six"
I love the humor and his excellent delivery. I actually went in knowing close to nothing so I don't have many expectations. I just hope it doesn't get too fantastical, seeing as it is often compared to LotR, because fantasy usually bores me. The one thing that did stick out to me is just how often he uses the word prodigious. I've counted it like 4 times already.

I liked them, read them recently. The second book is the best, the third book is alright. His descriptive prose is really nice to read.

Why do so many people dislike the third book?

It jumps the shark and was written while he slowly succumbed to dementia

If you think that's good, wait till you get to the second book!

It's just different from the first two, and since the dominant presence in them is of course the castle, it not making an appearance at all was bound to shock. As a whole it's less polished than the others, understandably, but there are some really good passages. I'm thinking of the climax and the underground description. And I like Muzzlehatch