Living without a personal philosophy

is this even possible?
how does one go about discovering or developing it?
is choosing to live without meanings or beliefs a philosophy in an of itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

fare.tunes.org/liberty/library/pwni.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>personal philosophy

1. ditch the "personal philosophy" and seek the Truth.
personal philosophies are for relativist autists.

But to answer your question, not having a 'philosophy' means you don't know yourself, you don't know your origin and purpose, or what value life holds. You might have a sense or intuitive feeling about these things but you aren't able to coherently express them to yourself, or others.

Basically you would be living like an animal trapped in its own subjectivity, being tossed around by memes and hidden forces; "the unexamined life is not worth living"

You would literally have to make yourself braindamaged to not have a philosophy

>is this even possible?

yes. it's as easy as living without netflix, an iphone or a personal library of rare pepes.

you just have to remind yourself every day as you wake up:

i am not a dickhead

this

not hard if you're schizoid

OP's pic is what happens when you believe the leftists who tell you biological sex is a myth and that gender is whatever you want it to be. The degenerate in the pic doesn't lack a personal philosophy - its personal philosophy is hedonistic selfishness. The world must be purged of this cancer...

calm down you stupid newfag.

get back to /pol/

fare.tunes.org/liberty/library/pwni.html

As a human being, you have no choice about the fact that you need a philosophy. Your only choice is whether you define your philosophy by a conscious, rational, disciplined process of thought and scrupulously logical deliberation — or let your subconscious accumulate a junk heap of unwarranted conclusions, false generalizations, undefined contradictions, undigested slogans, unidentified wishes, doubts and fears, thrown together by chance, but integrated by your subconscious into a kind of mongrel philosophy and fused into a single, solid weight:self-doubt, like a ball and chain in the place where your mind's wings should have grown

she a pretty nigga user stfu

no it's not possible, even if not reasoned or formal, you implicitly live by certain desires, morality, opinions, etc.

'I dislike preconceived thought.'
-Miyamoto Musashi

>hedonism is bad
Fuck off cunt

Gaze deep into the picture - that's your future. A wretched Gollum thing hugging itself in the darkness. Live by degeneracy, die by degeneracy. You deserve it. But at least no-one called you "bigot", right?

>not having a 'philosophy' means you don't know yourself, you don't know your origin and purpose, or what value life holds. You might have a sense or intuitive feeling about these things but you aren't able to coherently express them to yourself, or others.
>Basically you would be living like an animal trapped in its own subjectivity, being tossed around by memes and hidden forces

fuck that cut deep
pretty much describes me for the last four months
how do I crawl out of this pit of disconnection from self?
it never used to be like this

My ideal is to reach harmony between thinking and acting. My minimum is the avoidance of suffering.
Conscious life promises well-being but at the same time prevents one from reaching that state. Therefore I project the concept of well-being onto the world or specific things and act as if their well-being is my well-being. So it's important to me for example that my current art project becomes great - not because of any aesthetic value I ascribe to it but because in that moment that art project IS me and if it's good I'm good and the other way around.
The interesting part is that you can do this projection with anything which is distinct from other things. The world is also simply a result of distinctions you make. To be precise I do not project well-being onto the world but I project the world respectively things in it and attach the concept of well-being to them. You can project the 'self' as an external thing of the world. If that thing is well off then you are well off. You said you have a feeling of disconnection form self and that is the very precondition to do this projection. Then you have to ask: What is there to do to realize a state of well-being for this 'self'? Remember that this 'self' is not directly you but something in the world - you are nothing but the process of consciousness and conscious beings never will be satisfied. They endure a tragic existence.

You could say this is all a self-ascribed illusion. That you can't actually be your projection. That's as much true as to say self-made values are all delusions. This is not the point though. The point is to realize and experience first-hand that projection always goes along with reflection and that is where stuff really start to make a difference. So if you do something with the aim to give it a nice form (the projection of well-being onto the world) you will after a while notice that this thing gives you something back. You create art, then you will enjoy the process/ result of that piece of art. You do something for your body and you will start to feel better. If this reflection would never come then it all would be hopeless.
Acting on this principle made me feel coherent again. But consciousness does not allow me to complete this process so I always have to go again through that circle of projection and waiting for reflection. Therefore on some level this whole struggle is always under reserve - if the reflection part never came it would become fatal at some point.
Anyway, that is harmony of thinking and acting for me. My minimum is in effect all the while I'm waiting and investing for things to turn out good.

>seek the Truth.
no such thing
>living like an animal trapped in its own subjectivity
that's everyone, and no amount of "truth seeking" will change it

you got me good shieeeeeet

sure you can, believe the fake news and do what you're told

ditch philosophy unless you are actually smart, which you are not.

Philosophy is not something to be discussed on Veeky Forums.

thinking and acting aren't as seperate as you imagine

avoidance of suffering can often lead to more suffering if not by any reason other than the lost opportunity to be strengthed by that suffering

being attached to the things you pursue is good for you

well being was never promised but simply given as attainable