Jim Carrey

Philosophically speaking, was he correct?

youtube.com/watch?v=-JmNKGfFj7w&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a9J8GaeDqVc
youtube.com/watch?v=9Rx9v_LaNN8&t=1124s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's just trying to complete the circle of German idealism.

Why is he there?

He doesn't take this thinking to the end. He tries to bestow a divine importance on peace. If the universe is a predestined chamber of energy interacting with itself by a prescribed set of rules then what the fuck does peace even mean?

Cause he wanted to embrace the meaningless nature of this plain of existence

He's sending out mixed messages, simultaneously denying the primacy placed on personality while urging those very personalities to overcome their devotion to "icons." It's harsh scientific realism mixed with nihilism lite and a little bit of fuckery and depression to boot. Don't take it seriously.

Absurdism

*Kills an arab once*

He's on something for sure. Coke?

*Moves a boulder an infinite amount of times*

Jim Carrey seems like he's lashing out due to personal trauma.

youtube.com/watch?v=a9J8GaeDqVc

He's taking the piss out of them and they're just playing right in to it.

We all just hide behind The Mask, really, and the idea that any of us is some kind of "Bruce Almighty", if you will, is nothing more than a big joke. I met a man recently who claimed to know god, but let me tell you, he's a Liar, Liar! The ways modern thinkers are trying to provide evidence of their own existance are becoming Dumb and Dumber. If someone asked me if I was a half-baked existentialist I would have to say "Yes Man, without a doubt."

Is it far-fetched to believe that he's been exposed to Veeky Forums?

>infinite
>amount of times

Sounds like my man Carrey did a few too many episodes of Rick and Morty.

I'm not talking about time in the sense of duration.

I've just had an idea for a comedy in which Sisyphus attempts to end his suffering through the use of a supertask, yet the attempts to develop a supertask itself becomes another metaphorical boulder

Lame
A smart man would be using his fame to create and subvert icons left and right instead of declaring them meaningless in an interview he wasn't fully prepared to rant in

This. He comes across badly.

He doesn't care about the event being about icons or subverting icons. He didn't even know that's what the event was for until she tells him.

>genuinely believing this

Believing what? If it's about him not knowing what the event was about even if he did know his issue was not with what the event was about.

Agreed. Sounded like he was rambling. His reasons for stating it was meaningless were all circular. I didn't hear him give one good reason. Just a lot of flowery poetic bullshit.

Would you say that his reasons for it being meaningless were, dare I say it, meaningless?

pewdiepie look like him.

Not sure if there is truth to this, but he didn't bring up icons. The hostess did.

Doesn't matter. He's talking about

>muh concept of infinity

He's sperging because you said infinite then said amount

this is what happens when you method act a role as terrence mckenna and start to wake the fuck up

It seems as though he and Norm Macdonald have been talking with each other and their local edgy teenage philosophers. (If you like Norm Macdonald and don't want to like him anymore listen to this)

youtube.com/watch?v=9Rx9v_LaNN8&t=1124s

This is the edgiest, most melodramatic, man child shit I've ever seen

that's actually funny

What's wrong with this? It's just a mild secular asceticism.

Holy...

Sounds like babby's first buddhism.

It's the hosts being retarded. All he said is he is not really interested in having sex anymore and they were jumping down his throat

I've seen people say that on Facebook. But it angers me. I'm a Buddhist and his ideas were so antithetical to Buddhism. Buddhism warns against nihilism as self destructive. And his ideas are foolish, anyone who thinks that way is. Obviously everything is real and happening because here he is to say that dumb shit. Someone should hand him Descartes and tell him to shut the fuck up

>Buddhism warns against nihilism as self destructive.
Isn't Buddhism by design "self-destructing"? Getting rid of the ego, because it causes suffering and all that?
At least that's how a newbie could interpret it, hence babby's first buddhism.

Buddhism isn't about getting rid of the ego, but desire. It's in the form of a lot of precepts by the Buddha that can be dismissed or followed entirely or in between. My personal belief is to not desire anything materialistic or for a bad reason. Buddhism wants to rid desire because once you get you want more or something else. It's endless suffering out of not having. Stoically I appreciate what I have. The ego is good though.

it's self destructing in the sense that non-attachment to certain things, starting at the stage of a stream-entrant, is a way to break free of samsara

You can be attached to things. But it teaches to not give permanent feelings to not permanent things. You can have and enjoy something but understand you could lose it

quickly fellow left geek girl consumers of hollywood culture, defend the culture industry from carrey!

>celeb rants textbook new age druggie dilettante shit.
>people actually take it serious

NOrm is cool and that video is proof

this

Please do this