Veeky Forums hates Kerouac even though their hero Pynchon calls him one of the greats

>Veeky Forums hates Kerouac even though their hero Pynchon calls him one of the greats
>Veeky Forums hates Gaiman even though he's besties with their hero Moore

moore is a faggot but a decent author but gaiman is a hack

i have no problem with kerouac, really.

>OP thinks there's any real sort of Veeky Forums consensus beyond who happens to be online at the time and for some reason should be logical about it

Hey, Pynchon being good doesn't make his taste good. Lotsa good authors had shit taste. Boccaccio's the only good writer I know of who had God taste.

where does pinecone say that

Intro to Slow Learner

>Against the undeniable power of tradition, we were attracted by such centrifugal lures as Norman Mailer's essay "The White Negro," the wide availability of recorded jazz, and a book I still believe is one of the great American novels, On the Road, by Jack Kerouac.

>marries two women at once
>faggot

who's this brewding hottie?

>I still believe is
as good as outright saying
>this is what I know to be a dumb opinion from my twenties stoner days and I'm going to stick to it anyway, just you watch

I don't care at all for any of the people you metnion

>Moore the meme maximalist
>good

Remember the Wayside School books? Remember the story about the girl who cranks out billions and billions of drawings as fast as she can, until Louis the friendly playground supervisor advises her to focus more on making one really great drawing?

What the fuck is he wearing?

He wrote literally just two novels. What does your story have to do with Moore's work?

The appropriate attire for a wizard being married.

I actually didn't know he had a novel besides Jerusalem. But Jerusalem is bloated, indulgent, etc

My autism readings on this are off the charts.

He's right, Kerouac is the apex of degenerate American culture.

I love this bearded bastard.

why does Veeky Forums like moore?

hes probably the most reddit person to ever live

Jerusalem has a fifty-page chapter from the perspective of Lucia Joyce written like Finnegans Wake and you dare call Moore r*ddit?

His first novel is very good, and From Hell is the go-to common denominator comic to defend for someone who needs to display their good taste

>Jerusalem has a fifty-page chapter from the perspective of Lucia Joyce written like Finnegans Wake
>you dare call Moore r*ddit?
Not the other guy, but after reading that first half of the sentence? Sure

I like all four desu

>Norman Mailer's essay "The White Negro,"
This introduction and Pynchon's essay on Watts are what alerted me to his cuckish tendencies. Norman fucking Mailer? The guy's a kike who publicly declared the black rape of white women as a justifiable response to racism. Looking back, Pynchon's ideological failures were quite obvious, but I was able to forgive him at the time because I was new to literature and not terribly politically conscious myself. After Bleeding Edge and Inherent Vice though, it's irreconcilable. He went from an anarchist recluse to a Jon Stewart-watching liberal bitch

So you're pretending to have read it, then?

I'm not going to waste my time on that thing, buddy.

No, you'd rather waste everyone else's by speaking with authority on something you've never read. Way to go, bud, proud of you.

As someone who has been reading it, I can tell you that the shitposter's parroted assessment is correct. Jerusalem is indulgent. It is also true that it is bloated, in the sense that an author with less credit to his name would have gotten much of it cut out by editors. But the page count already tells you that.

>Jerusalem is indulgent

Well, but that's kind of the point, isn't it? It doesn't even have a real plot, per se, it's just a love letter to the white trash neighborhood he grew up in