/uni/ general

Where do you go?
What are you studying?
What have you read recently?
Any other uni-related topics welcome

I'll fucking kill you motherfucker I'll slit your throat

Some shitty community college in NY, planning on transferring to Binghampton next year.

Studying accounting

Currently reading "A Cavern of Black Ice"

heh... nothin personel kid

Edinburgh
History
Just finished War and Peace, getting some pretty severe post-novel depression desu senpai.

>t. unc sportsfag

>Where
Simon Fraser University
>What
World Literature
>Recently Read
The Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea by Yukio Mishima, about to start Virgil's Ecologues and Georgics for one of my classes.

>always wanted to go to college but incredibly math deficient and you have to have all this math to get a degree
why live

>Where do you go?
McGill University
>What are you studying?
Geography but I'm going to switch to Linguistics
>What have you read recently?
I recently read "The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs

HSE, Moscow
Economics (Markets of collectables, what determines homeostasis vs. bubble vs. gradual dissapearance)
Last three books - "Executioner's Song", "The Company" and reread Bleeding Edge for the third time

Got my goverment stipend reduced from 99% to 60%, finally realized how miserable it is to actually pay money just to signal on the job market.

University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Data Analytics and American History
About to finish up The Red and the Black, going to start The Night Land once I finish.
Who else Veeky Forums and /vidya/?

ayy, austin peay here buddy. was gonna go to chatt but was too expensive

lol u couldnt get into ubc, washington's party school

How is it over there? One of the only decent things about UT is a huge library

University College London
Msc Public Policy

I'm reading Crime & Punishment, Gulag Archipelago and The Myth of Sisyphus

Anadolu University of Eskişehir/Turkey
Tourism
Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone

(pic is from the University)

your classmates arent very effay

fuck off that looks nice

>Where do you go?
UChicago
>What are you studying?
Philosophy
Currently reading Yuk Hui's Cosmotechnics: On the Question of Technology in China, thanks to a Veeky Forums recommendation

I'm in Binghamton right now family. Hurry up so I can pretend to have friends

Stonewall Jackson Taught here
Fought in and won a civil war battle

huge library but most of the fiction and poetry are old and obscure as shit. kinda cool but kinda shitty when you try to get check out absalom, absalom and you just find 40 year old faulkner guides with no dust jackets.

University of Cambridge
History
Just read an account of the Chinese cultural revolution.

i feel you familia
>tfw prolific writer, always winning awards and literall aced courses in high school and uni
>got coaxed by parents to go into science
>drop out because Im failing every math course
t-thanks

>where
KCL
>studying
history/IR
>recent read
Lolita

>University of Arkansas (poorfag)
>Chemical Engineering, minor in mathematics
>Currently reading the waves by Virginia Woolf
I need art forms like literature and music to keep my mind balanced from all the STEM stuff I consume daily. Northwest Arkansas has some cool art museums and galleries too, but nothing like you would find in a big city.

Do they call campus security there police cops?

Decided against UBC, I was accepted there but didn't like their options. "Washington's party school" don't you mean China's?

Directed at

>UBC
>Washington's party school
UBC is in Canada

>where
umass amherst

>what
math

>reading
the mezzanine by baker

I am in my first year, it's a bit unusual. Most people at this school are fairly dissimilar from me. I was really hoping to meet some friends here :'(

>Guelph
>physics
>The Divine Comedy (currently reading)

>Where do you go?
DePaul University in Chicago
>What are you studying?
English
Oroonoko by Aphra Behn

if you she a busty athletic blonde named Hailey, she is a closet weeb (still normie tier though) and is impressed by nerds

>religious studies minor
>"dude, what if fundies and Dawkins are, like, both wrong?!?!"

Avoid Southwest. Sometimes Amherst College kids are around they're cool. Wander the city and hit up Northampton it's a great place if you ask me.

anyone else go to a good school, drop out cuz of booze and indolence and now go to a shit school

cuz i do and it sucks. every moment i spend in that shithole reminds me of what a fuck up i am

I do avoid Southwest, but I still have trouble meeting people in Northeast. I am thinking about joining the literature club but I'm worried it will be a John Green–tier waste of time.

Cornell
Information Science and Education
Reading Rings of Saturn (Sebald) Just finished Setting Sun (Dazai) and The Magic of Walking (Sussmann, Goode)

i'm NEET you insensitive jerk

ooh which cc? tc3?

yea, sorta- imo u just drop out and get a failure's job eating shit and paying dues for a few years, read in the evenings and don't drink midweek, then eventually you can eat less shit and pay fewer dues. but school is probably a waste ov time and money fur you, retard (it certainly was for me)

o dw i quit drinking entirely and am on track for graduate school

just depresses me because the campus is so ugly compared to where i was before

George Washington University studying political science.
Waiting on a few bills from the DC Library rn but the last book I read was The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu.

Universities today are safespaces, only a job going to teach you something useful.

how do i get into an elite school like yours

Cornell
Engineering
The Stranger and Confessions of an English Opium Eater

97th percentile sat/act score
3.8 gpa from a top high school
but the thing that got me in (the admissions officer told me) was that I met with the head advisor for my department and spoke to her about the major and she put in the good word for me to admissions
Just do your research and speak to someone who is relevant (advisors/admissions officers/dean if you can) for an hour or so about the major and what you can do with it research wise because the elite American unis are all Research unis and expressing a research interest makes these admissions people cream

that was for you, forgot to tag the post number

which major in eng or are you a freshman

I'm a senior in Biological Engineering.

Macquarie
Psychology
The Sound of Waves by Mishima

Moscow Technical University of Communication and Informatics

Electrical Engineering

Diary of Country Priest, Bernanos

how is geography a college major

University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
History major, Computer Science major, English minor
Halfway through Faust

finally started meeting smart/interesting people here

Cal (Berkeley)
Philosophy and Mathematics
I finished reading Beckett's Trilogy and now I'm re-reading Ulysses.
Currently very depressed because I found out my dad is living in poverty after his (small) family business failed and I'm worried he'll end up killing himself.

community college in a big city
a specialty trade
hamilton's mythology

graduated a few months ago but i'm starting to regret quitting my job to get my measly diploma. i could've moved out by now.

Rovaniemi
Law
How have the SJWs spread so widely and how can they be purged

Read Godel's Proof. It'll be a very enjoyable read with your major/minor.

I'm doing fourth year accounting and it's a bitch. Do they make you learn IFRS in America or just US GAAP?

Birmingham
Physics
Just finished Road to Wigan Pier and am reading Hume's enquiry. As I normally have a fiction and non fiction on the go I am currently taking reccomendations for fiction.

On the topic on uni, what can I say. I've not devoted myself to it at all and who knows maybe I could have a done well in the field but it's no matter now. I just want to leave with a respectable degree classification and live my life.

University of Auckland
Physics
notes from underground / the odyssey

don't pay money to signal on the job market. pay money to study something that's both interesting and employable.

I would deffo finger double blue tho, and thats no lie

Idaho State University
Health Physics
A Thousand Years of Non-Linear History, Manuel De Landa

praise be to peterson

>Where
Ludwig-Maximilians University ind Munich
>What
Physics
>What am I reading
The Fall by Albert Camus

>Liverpool
>Just finished Augustus, started The Trial yesterday
>Criminology and Psychology
kill me

yes and kids from washington go there because they are too dumb to get into u of w and want to drink at 19 u dumb fuck

Enjoy IFRS 9 and 15. The two reasons why i am suicidal and will leave the financial consulting industry in the year to come.

lol right sfu has anything to offer over ubc...

USyd here
His
Australia in the War of 1939–1945

Jarg course that kidder

cursed image

>Southampton
>History
End my life

>Newcastle
>Linguistics
Currently reading Don Quixote, quite perfect.

>Where do you go?
WSU
>What are you studying?
Design
I'm going through Poe's stuff. Read Cask last night.
>Any other uni-related topics welcome
I wish I had more time to read long form narrative. My attention span feels significantly shorter with all this work...

Mount Saint Vincent University
English
Reading through Kauffman's translations of Nietzsche

I'm I'm Binghamton right now, be my friend famalam

Hey physics bros, a tip here from a fellow physic if you don't want to be teacher/scholar/academic researcher
Search about medical physics, its a fucking amazing job, pays a lot and leaves you with enough time to do whatever you want

birmingham
maths
currently making slow progress through don quixote/the tartar steppe/GEB

Has anyone here taken an open course from an extension school before?

Harvard is offering a few enticing courses on literature during spring, so I'd like some insight on its usefulness before I drop the $1500. It's for-credit, for four credits.

Should I bother?

>English (I eventually want to focus on medieval lit.)
>The Importance of Being Earnest

>americans have to pay $1500 for a course at a terrible joke of a university

>the nuns rejected us so it's autocastration for me and self immolation for Bartholomew

Minnesota Duluth
Account/German Studies
6th year jfmsuf
nothing currently

ST. JOHNS.

Reading the Bible for Seminar

Get the syllabus and the lecture notes from the prof if you can and don't bother with the course proper.

Cleveland State
Secondary English education, though that might change to just English or classical and medieval studies because our education department is shit
i'm reading the book of the new sun

i have no idea what to do with my life.

I understand where you're coming from, but don't you think that the credits are worth it?

Small-ish liberal arts school in the Midwest
English lit with German and religion minors
I read The Case for God for one of my religion classes, a very mediocre piece of popular nonfiction.

Some are really good but some are semi-scams, just do your research (for example check out the guy teaching it)

were you shilling cleveland in that other thread so you could import some friends

Why/how are flip-flops and cargo shorts appropriate university apparel in the US?

shitty spot. can't wait to transfer

last time i posted about csu was several months ago in a thread like this. didn't go into details about whether it was good or not.

but honestly, please someone come to csu. I would like some Veeky Forums friends. all we have hear with regards to writing is the minority female exclusive club

I will. Where you living famalam?

Even the majesty of the church in OP's pic cannot inspire reverence and humility among dull minds. Women especially have no sense of decency, only following social trends. See how they dress immodestly, as though the most important thing were that they look "cute", and not the facilitation of higher learning and reverence for the almighty powers that tower above us, which demands that one suppress for the time being everything vain, carnal and distracting to the mind which resides in flesh. These women are out of place and they do not know it, for they appear as though they belong on the street, not near a holy place. And men too, come not to suppress their desires, but to indulge them, and for this they throw parties and engage in all manner of debauchery on the same grounds as this church, the beauty of which pierces their brutishness not. For they think that anyone who is offended by their behavior is the dullard, and not them, and doesn't know how to "have fun", as if this were their only purpose for being there, and not the cultivation of the mind.

>I turned my mind to know and to search out and to seek wisdom and the sum of things, and to know the wickedness of folly and the foolishness which is madness. And I found more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, and whose hands are fetters; he who pleases God escapes her, but the sinner is taken by her. (Ecc 7:28)

The university is no longer a worthy place, because man has turned is eyes from God to woman, and she displays herself with glee, for she cares not for higher learning, but only serves the will of the flesh, and sees not the beauty of the Church.

>Where do you go?
University of Piraeus, Greece
>What are you studying?
Maritime Studies
Tbh I would have went for Law or History and Archeology, but I am way too lazy to actually get in Law school, and if I got into History and Archeology I would die homeless and broke
On the Genealogy of Morals by Friedrich Nietzsche
Dracula by Bram Stoker

>Maritime Studies
What is this?

Surfing