I thought you guys said stephen king was bad

i thought you guys said stephen king was bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most of the people here are college kids who only read "serious literature" and think they're too smart for King. He's a fine writer and IT is a pretty enjoyable book.

He's not bad, he's just not that good.

IT has some good ideas but in the third act turns into random nonsense that seems to have no connection thematically.

Plus, the rules of IT are never really understood, because it seemed like there were dozens of times he cold have killed the kids individually when they were terrified, yet he doesn't.

Problem is he decided to spread is talent over a million novels, so instead of four or five excellent books he wrote an entire bookcase worth of mediocre popcorn literature, but it's technically very good.

>boring characters (either bland good guys or cartoonish villains)
>bloated illogical plots filled with disposable scenes
>bland prose style
>disappointing deus ex machina endings
>uninventively repeats story devices and character archetypes across novels

where is the good of Stephen King?

King can be really, really, really hit and miss. mostly miss, which makes me wonder why he writes so many goddamn novels

Thank christ Kubrick had the brains to throw out the god-awful ending King gave The Shining

>where is the good of Stephen King?
Some of the short stories are excellent
Pet Semetery is tight and effective

>why does he write so many novels??

$$$$$$$$

Kubrick saved that entire shit story honestly.

He is good his books are just pleb tier

I'm not a fucking retard so I wouldn't say something like that.

And it's still his least interesting movie. Everything Kubrick did was great, everything King did was a screaming mediocrity.

Apparently there's a scene in the movie where you see the van that almost killed King, and that's Kubrick saying, Fuck you your story sucks I made it better.

The Shining was a good film but an awful horror movie.

Either fully explain yourself within the next ten minutes or I will airstrike your local bookstores

All of the films based on his books are better than the books themselves, barring the exclusion of prepubescent sex.

Joke's on you, I'm illiteratatat

Neat

Stephen King strikes me as a damn creep but he's totally right here

Rape, even statutory rape, has officially become worse than murder in the public eye, if you use public reaction to gauge it

Dark tower is autistic trash, I will stand by that. But I am interested in reading IT now

Veeky Forums always has said that King + Drugs and Pills = great storytelling and set pieces.

He is a trash writer, ans his prose is often

"X"
"Y, Z"
"But X", Said Joe.

Joe looked down the street. The leaves were changing. He was scared of the night.

"X...Z"

King is in great need of a stricter editor

"X FUCKING X" (in italics)
"X IS FUCKING Y, W!!!!!!!!!"

W proceeded to suck V's 12 year old dick, not noticing V's head had been removed by a monster U.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o