Cleveland is Veeky Forums

Why isn't Cleveland flooded with literati?
>World Class Art scene
>World Class Orchestra
>$75 to buy a house
>On the water
>Minutes away from forests
>Long winter keeps you depressed indoors, ample conditions for writing

Obviously NYC and LA are saturated, overpriced, and utterly uninteresting due to gentrification (I live in NYC, not talking out of my ass).

Why don't we all move to Cleveland, be rich, and write great works? Maybe put it on the map? Could be like Monteparnasse in the 20s, but way less beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's full of anglos.

Because, although people 100 years ago made it a city for the arts, people 50 years ago paved it into a parking lot.

I live in LA. Grew up here and have stayed because I'm a musician and the people ARE interesting. If you don't know interesting people, well...

But i do love the noise/experimental scene in Cleveland.

because Veeky Forums isn't an adjective

otherwise more power to cleveland

>But i do love the noise/experimental scene in Cleveland.
I live here and it took me years to find out we had anything more than just really, really shitty metal bands.

Jesus Christ. That is.... horrendous.

With two sports teams that have really turned around in the past few years. Shit, Cleveland might be my kinda town.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
does the river really catch on fire

It caught on fire three times at the turn of the 19th century I believe.

People don't forget.

Cleveland is a big shitty asshole. Anyone who has ever been to it knows that. I genuinely hate Cleveland. Every major city in the US has its intellectual parts but they are very small in comparison to the rest which is swamped with poverty and poor people. I could go to Philadelphia and hang out at some museums but that doesn't make the rest of the filthy city go away. There's this false idea that because cities have all the major universities that that's where people like us should live. In reality, people like us take up a minuscule fraction of the population.

You're not going to move to a city and write "great works." If you're not writing your book where you live right now you're never going to write it.

Small towns are Veeky Forums. Either you live a life of honesty and hard work or you live a life of discontent in a city that you don't belong in.

Yes it sure does.

hold on there amigo

>. Anyone who has ever been to it knows that.
Its really alright, if it werent for all the niggers

I live here and I'm afraid if head uptown at all I'll get fucking shanked.

t. every major city in the US
At least the north side of Chicago is God tier, it makes up for the literal war zone that is the west/south side
I live in rogers park btw, the most nigger infested zone of the north side. Even bought a homeless nigger a 40, because fuck niggers, every 40 is a step closer to death.

Never gonna fucking happen. Lebron will always be in the East.

I live at E30th, if I head even one more block east I have a 50/50 chance of making it back. I've seen so many junkies

Junkies are easy to fight, they're so fucking weak and scare easy

>The distribution of crime in Cleveland is highly heterogeneous. Relatively few crimes take place in downtown Cleveland's business district, but the perception of crime in the downtown has been pointed to by the Greater Cleveland Growth Association[157] as damaging to the city's economy.[158] More affluent areas of Cleveland and its suburbs have lower rates of violent crime than areas of lower socioeconomic status. Statistically speaking, higher incidences of violent crimes have been noted in some parts of Cleveland with higher populations of African Americans.

not when they're on pcp and start wrecking the fucking bus station

Cleveland has a pretty good transit system btw

Oh all I know is heroin and pill junkies. Uppers are a different story, but you ALWAYS have better judgment than some strung out fuck.

>almost no asians
You aren't a respectable city in the US until hot, liberal gooks are flooding your streets

Do you carry a knife? Not a Swiss Army knife, but an actual knife.
Brandish that at that dumb fuck and they'll charge, or they'll run away. Either way it's one less nigger.
Don't try this on any respectable black guy though, chances are that he'd kill you

What I'd give to gun your ass down

Fuck off, Dylan roof.

Just wait until the bloodshed starts. Coming for you and yours. Hanging from a tree would be a luxury next to shit I'd do to you.

WHy are you so butthurt?

Eh I just wanna excuse to kill people and racial tension seems ripe for exploitation. Only good white man is one with no head.

Fuck of Cleveland Chamber of Commerce shill.
Sage.

Le ebin shill sage meme

Top Kek. If they even have a chamber of commerce, they all left at 4:00 to go home, drink high life, and listen to sports radio about the shitty shit browns.

Luckily niggers are only, what, 12% of the population?

>the north side of Chicago is God tier
Chicago in general is God tier, especially when it gets comfy in the wintertime. I lived in the south side (Bronzeville) for a little while and despite being a black area I never really felt unsafe. My neighbors were mainly black church-goer grandmas who called me "baby".

I kinda hope they keep shooting each other in Fuller Park and Garfield so it scares people off from moving here. I don't want a bunch of yuppie cunts from New York or Silicon Valley to move here and turn Chicago into another lifeless city.

Yeah but think of all the white women that defend us. You need to kill your own breed to have a chance. Plus the latinos are with us. Oh and most of your kind too. You're really outnumbered.

Kek, that is the straw which shall break that /pol/fags back. A tip of the hat to you, mah friend.

>As of the census of 2000, there were 478,403 people, 190,638 households, and 111,904 families residing in the city. The population density was 6,166.5 inhabitants per square mile (2,380.9/km2). There were 215,856 housing units at an average density of 2,782.4 per square mile (1,074.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 51.0% African American, 41.5% White...
>As of the census[4] of 2010, there were 396,815 people, 167,490 households, and 89,821 families residing in the city. The population density was 5,107.0 inhabitants per square mile (1,971.8/km2). There were 207,536 housing units at an average density of 2,671.0 per square mile (1,031.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 53.3% African American, 37.3% White...

>Chicago in general is God tier
How can you believe this? It's a third world city

It's literally not.

>I don't know how to measure per capita crime

Look up stats for the north side.

>implying women matter at all
>implying most latinos are fatties
Child's play

I have no problem with them

>third of the city is a no go war zone
>dozens of murders every day
>bankrupt

Stop pretending America has civilized cities, it just doesn't.

He is right you all know.

I live in Rogers Park too. Just moved here but god it is boring as all fuck. What are some interesting things to do here?

Elysian brewery is nice.
Try going to Heartland and yelling that you love Trump. Lots of hugs :)

>third of the city
Wrong.
>dozens of murders every day
Most of which is gang on gang violence in isolated neighborhoods.
>bankrupt
Wrong.

How is the computer you stole Tyrone?

Chicago isn't bankrupt but the state is, mostly because of Chicago.
Those fucks keep electing the biggest retards. Rauner isn't great but holy fick Madigan is awful.

At least Chicago has a nice Assyrian church

Eh I just go to RPS, not much of a beer guy. I bought a framed photo from the guy who owns heartland and he tried to get me to join his political action committee, lol.

I'm Czech, you autistic faggot.

Heartland is basically an overpriced commune.
What do you drink at RPS..?

Yeah, Illinois is unfortunately notorious for having complete twats in office.

If you've been to both Prague and Chicago and can't see why Chicago is a lost city there is no helping you

Why not Columbus? I'm from Tennessee and I imagine Cleveland being way too much like Chicago, weather wise. I hate those brutally cold winter's.

>Columbus
Such an ugly city, and a shitty downtown

Why would I even compare the two? It's like comparing an apple to a motorcycle. They're so different that a comparison is pointless.

Any of these questions that don't begin and end with Boston are dangerously incorrect.

Greatest city in the country...except for housing prices.

Usually just something from the rotating cocktail list. It's usually decent! There's a bartender there who does gin-based drinks a lot, which is right up my alley.

I live here. There are pockets of beauty hidden throughout where you'd least expect them, but downtown sucks dick. The people are also becoming increasingly uppity. Dublin was a nice little green area which is now under expansion and losing all its identity. I don't like what's happening.

Serious question: what about Chicago do you consider god tier?

To me it sounds awful: cold, far away from mountains, far away from the ocean, far away from other cities. What about it is good, other than it probably being super cheap compared to New York?

A man's gotta park.