Was Jesus a genius?

Was Jesus a genius?

Just think about what he REALLY is. And you'll know the answer to your question

This raises more questions than answers.

God tier, you might say.

How come masses of people loved him when he was healing people etc. but then when he was betrayed no one came to defend him?

And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.
And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled.
Mark 15:3-5

All part of his plan. If he isn't put to death then he cannot rise from the dead proving that he truly is divine.

Is this a Blake?

Longinus: If I stab you with my spear will you die?
J-man: It would be extremely painful
Longinus: You're a holy guy
J-man: For you

No one cared who he was until he puts on the human mask.

>be Jesus
>go to shit-tier location
>choose dumb disobedient peasants to be the chosen people
>teach them the most important message of all in the form of vague riddles
>don't even tell the whole message, just tell them all that some wierd bird will pass the rest on later
>repeatedly bad mouth own mother
>knock over some tables, get self executed
>transcend my own flawed creation to live the comfy life working for my dad's company
>expect everyone to be grateful

Damn ... was Jesus the ultimate Chad?

No, just the Charles Manson of his time

Basically none of his direct teachings were inherited. Christianity should be renamed Paulinism.

Also that meme has went full normie facebook tier. It wasn't supposed to indicate the exact opposite of whatever you're strawmanning, fuck's sake

>doesn't think washing hands is important

can''t quite figure that one

>read master and the margarita
>read the jesus chapter
>it's the best thing i've ever read

i want the alternate universe where paul never fucking existed

edgy

You ever read the Nag Hammadi library? curious as to what it's like

>jesus
>white
Fucking brainlets

>go to shit-tier location

You mean the richest region of the Roman Empire?
>choose dumb disobedient peasants to be the chosen people

You mean the urban communities that made Gaul and Hispania look like a backwoods hillbilly hangout?
>teach them the most important message of all in the form of vague riddles

You mean the very easy metaphors and stories that aren't riddles in any way and are told because anyone could get the message?
>don't even tell the whole message, just tell them all that some wierd bird will pass the rest on later

fucking kill me already, I can't do this anymore
>repeatedly bad mouth own mother

wtf
>knock over some tables, get self executed
>transcend my own flawed creation to live the comfy life working for my dad's company
>expect everyone to be grateful

Just hang yourself for the good of this thread. And that pic is so damn retarded, yea the guy who preached passivity and acceptance that was then ignored and executed is more of a chad than the illiterate peasent given the word of god directly, united a huge region of warring tribes and cities through blood into an almost indestructible force of god that later conquered everything shortly after his death

A fucking hippie, didn't even hate gays

Jesus literally says the parables are retardedly difficult to understand, even for his apostles

was getting caught part of his plan?

Literally yes

Kind of a retarded plan, there are more miracles he could've done without the whole theatrical element. If you take the sacrifice as a story to convey the worth of sacrifice, then it sort of makes sense, but not as some kind of master plan.

No, he says that God opens your heart for his parables, understanding is related to grace, not intellectual interpretation.

Which is the literal opposite of " You mean the very easy metaphors and stories that aren't riddles in any way and are told because anyone could get the message?"

47While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” 49Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.

50Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

55In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. 56But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

I was thinking the same thing so the answer is probably yes.

Jesus is only a concept, an archetype for something called Christ consciousness.
The gnostics had all this layed out before the romans stole their stuff, dumbed it down, then burned most of their sacred texts.
>Jesus represented someone who broke the illusion
>Gnosis.

Jesus could read, right? There's that part in Luke where he reads from the scroll

>father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.

Yes, its just more fan-fiction like paul and john

This. The parables of the samaritan or the two sons or the mustard seed do not require intellect or some level of grace to comprehend. Jesus was not being tricksy.

Literacy in Jewish communities has always been higher on average due to coming of age ritual.

Luke 4:16-22 (ESV)
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, ... 20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth. And they said, “Is not this Joseph's son?”

John 8:6-8 (ESV)
6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.

what a cuck baka

Aside from two parts, scholars see it more as evidence of what gnostic communities in the 2nd century were like.

First are some of the lines of the Gospel of Thomas, which sync nicely but not phonetically similar with lines from the synoptic gospels, and are probably mid 1st century in origin (although the actual gospel is probably mid 2nd early 3rd)

Second is the crucifixion from the gospel of peter, which while not found AT nag hammadi was found 60 miles away. For reasons I dont understand, scholars assign a lot of weight to it for similar reasons to thomas.

>Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

what a bunch of jerks

Jesus was an idiot in the classical Greek sense.

He was a remarkable person, and it's a shame his teachings were destroyed by the church and those who claimed to be his followers and used his image derived of its essence as a mean to gain power and spill the blood of countless lives and put humanity through such prolonged darkness instead of light. Even today I bet what most so-called Christians care about is money and worshipping idols of saints instead of being kind to one another.

>inb4 shitstorm of deus vult larpers

Christ was not God, but merely an unusually skillful magician.

Christ was not a magician, but a philosophical priest with a great hype man.

No, he was a plot device by some hebrew philosophers.

Weininger would say, yes, because he suffered more deeply than any other man; for he suffered not only on behalf of himself but on behalf of all men, and not just in his time, but for all time that had passed and shall come to pass. In this, he reached the depth of his being and found the Absolute, which redeemed him absolutely.

He was probably a social genius if he was able to get such a large following and start a religion.

But I doubt he was some mastermind of math or science.

(((Jesus)))