Why has this board become /platitudinous-philosophy/ and pol shit? Have the days of Holderlin, Joyce...

Why has this board become /platitudinous-philosophy/ and pol shit? Have the days of Holderlin, Joyce, and Wallace really vanished? How has this board turned into pepe, rick and morty, and r/books?

Have you seriously not noticed the masses around the entire world becoming consistently dumber?

newfags won
t know who this is

There's an absolute faggot mod running this place. Doesn't enforce shit. General philosophy discussion doesn't belong here, and nor does /pol/ bait shit.
It's probably a frogman who loves the /pol9k/ vibe this place now has. God forbid there's any actual literature discussion. Fucking fat worthless piece of shit

oh wow it's kurt vonnegut!

it all went downhill with bugs.

but seriously the "philosophy" discussion here (from 18-19yos glorifying Stirner for the #meme) coupled with the pol9k shit is ruining this board.

The Stirner homos were always here. The politics bait threads were once deleted, though. The mod's worthless

yeah they've always been here, but never in as full a force as they are now. it's like they looked up "memes of Veeky Forums" and started posting.

I see 0 Stirner threads, but at least 15 bait threads

>No more DFW
Worth burning lit to the ground, desu

Was there really a time when Holderlin was discussed? I mentioned him once and got no meme action. What were those days like?

Halcyon

I d i o c r a c y i s b e c o m i n g a d o c u m e n t a r y

>Used to be too stupid for Veeky Forums
>Now too intelligent for Veeky Forums

Did I bring the poltergeists in when I opened that gate last December? Sorry bout that. I thought I was just some seaweed floating to float, and apparently my moth-wing twitch, or my seaweed intentionality, rippled into tsunami.

Could have been worse, I suppose.

Epic?

It also depresses me to see what this board has turned into. Any time I try to start a discussion about a book, the thread is buried by pseudo-philosophical bullshit and memes. Disheartening isn't even the word.

this

the mod who runs this board had super strong pol9k sympathies so he leaves all those threads up and deletes a lot of lit threads

Tell me about it. Next we will have The Rock in the White House.

For some reason people think it's funny to act like exceptional individuals who can't read the warning label in their favourite flavour of glue.

if you're lumping fucking wallace in with holderlin and joyce, you're part of the problem

>makes cancerous board culture thread to complain about board culture instead of actually working to change board culture
>and then op was the cancer!

Be the change you want to see in the world user, don't make whiny meta-threads that shit up the board further.

If DFW were the lowest thing we were discussing then we’d be doin’ pretty good

Don’t be such a grump

The transformation of the board and the broader site's culture proves that ironic shitposting really was just shitposting all along.

>Complaining about a mod not banning people
People like you are the reason that every single atrocity in Human history has happened.

the lit discord did a holderlin reading group once

There is an origami board but not a philosophy board. Let that sink in.

>a website designed for lonely autists has boards made for autistic hobbies instead of for discussing complex ideas
Hmm

I'm too ppparanoid to join one of those. Well, not paranoid. Just too insecure about my readings, and suspicious that people are conspiring against me for some strange reason. As if a group of people tried to humiliate me on here, and are just waiting to continue their attack. I'd be afraid my readings would be very much misinterpreted as say something I believe - such as happened before when I screamed.

>philosophy isn't an autistic and lonely hobby
As a hobbyist I can confirm that it meets your criteria

It's because "lately" Veeky Forums has utterly imploded under its own weight. Even without the "humanities" party it's inevitable that on Veeky Forums it would become a circlejerk of memes and ideological shit-flinging instead of "history" sooner or later.