Is this the literature god we've been waiting for?

is this the literature god we've been waiting for?

you made this thread in bad faith, but i genuinely like his stand up. it isnt horrible. would never read his book though. celebrity novels tend to substitute quirk for good prose.

nice trips, this book was co-written with sociologist Eric Klinenberg.
Ansari does integrate his comedy in the book, of course, but the majority of the book is just the psychological / sociological aspect of dating in the modern age. Everything is backed up with studies, data, and citations for each corresponding source.

Of course he isn't a "literature god", but the book is worth a read.

>a comedian co-writing a book with a sociologist

Sounds a little too close to Marty Beckerman's "Generation S.L.U.T." which tried to mix "facts" with "humor"

except that Ansari did his own research for the book.

Ansari is a funny guy. Master of None season 3 can't come any sooner.

I bought this book because of his name alone. Not read it yet but I'm planning to because I assume it'll be an accessible look at the downfall of intimacy.

Literally who

>this book was co-written with sociologist Eric Klinenberg
Oh nice, I didn't know a Jewish sociologist was involved. I'm very reassured now that I know that the book is based on cold hard facts, not pseudoscience, and isn't colored by lazy ideological biases/whiny brown resentment

>Jewish

What does that have to do with anything?

I don't know but I'll probably read it now that I've seen his show, which was a pleasant surprise.

I'm simply excited to read yet another book that's critical of traditional cultural norms and white people by a Jew. Jews, especially Jews in academia, are well-known for their objectivity and honesty. It's highly unlike a Jew to politicize science and art, or to invent fictional sciences like psychoanalysis and sociology in an attempt to manipulate others. I look forward to reading what I'm sure is a very thoughtful and informative book, as I am a big gigantic retard and love both Aziz Ansari's comedic work and the cultural influence of the Jewish people.

You've got to lose the identity politics.

>/pol/

Aziz is a cuck. Stick to elder god Patrice O'Neal. Nigga.

How come he only dates white women in that show of his tho?

Huh? Doesn't he date an Italian in season two?

>You've got to put yourself at the mercy of resentful and jealous brown people
No

Too bad you prefer good prose over anything else, that's how you got duped into reading the Tunnel by Gass and by the end of it thought, "Wait, is that it?"

True patrician over here, doesn't even own a "television" amiriteguize?

Isn't he that pedo pop-song writer?

The "downfall of intimacy" is on you. You're just partaking in the bridge jumping your mother warned you about. It's an excuse.

Will this help me date people. I'm timid, there's hardly any ritual.

Uhh... to my knowledge in listening to 300+ hours of his talk radio appearances, Patrice has never written, or been a part of writing a pop song. Pop music is for dirty, fishy scrum.

Never mind, different Patrice.

t. someone who just got done reading culture of critique and is now shoehorning his newly acquired opinions on every topic possible

>fictional science
Weird. Do you mean nothing actually takes place and the term literally signifies no real activity, or do you mean that the activity that does take place does not conform to the scientific method?

>I'm an ugly and unfunny poo person who only gets laid because I'm famous WHERE DID SOCIETY GO SO WRONG
Is this close to the book?

I respect Aziz. He won't be some titan of the arts, but at least he makes an effort. That's more than 90% of his contemporaries can say.

Maybe his passive aggressive whining will give you something to connect with

>I didn't know a Jewish sociologist was involved (...) isn't colored by lazy ideological biases
The lack of self awareness in this place is beautiful.

Why would anyone own a television?

Even if you wanted to watch your gay little tv shows you could download them off the internet for free and then watch them at your leisure.

I haven't owned a television since 2009 and that was only because it was free.

I miss the shit out of this guy.

Racism is anti-ideology, it's pure nature.

i'm pissed this comes up in searches now when i'm looking for the movie

this man has unironically improved my life for the better, moreso than any book ever has
yes I'm fully aware of my brainlet status

Judaism isn't a race.

>Aziz is a cuck.
>Posts the guy who admitted to be an actual cuck, and said cuckoldry was healthy

Who other than you said anything about Judaism?

Not to be /pol/, but why would anyone date a women who isn't at least part white?

Virtue signalling and sex combined.

Captcha: give colours

because asians are cuter

It seems like you have pretty serious mental health problems, please get help, user...

Big Jay is the cuckboi, O'Neal just has a great attitude towards women. You can cheat on me, you can sleep around, but you can't use your pussy to hurt me.

Technically sociology/psychology/ pseudoscience. Doesn't really matter whether the person who is practicing it is Jewish or not.

Aziz actually went to the same high school as me, albeit several years apart.