Who do guys think is going to win the Nobel prize for literature this year?

Who do guys think is going to win the Nobel prize for literature this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAd7COpJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kanye West

>inb4 it's another music artist

B E I D A O
E
I
D
A
O

Rupi

Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o AINEC

Hillary Clinton

Mac DeMarco

or, if the committee decides to be really conformist and give it to some writer, probably the instagram user who wrote poems about cigarettes

MF DOOM

Me

WRONG

Pinecone

William T Vollman, Kendrick Lamar, or someone who seriously doesn't deserve it. My bet is that they will either be gay or a minority.

>Such a joke.

ADONIS SEASON APPROACHING

Krasznahorkai is a good option I feel like.
>Actually good at writing
>Master of different mediums
>Not American
>Not even from Western Europe
>Someone who everyone can talk themselves into deserving the award

I find it a crime that Pynchon or DeLillo haven't won but that is definitely wishful thinking.

It better be fucking Cormac in the next five years

I wouldn't be annoyed if Krasznahorkai won it, he's a legitimately good writer and one of the best to come out of Europe but I don't feel like he's exposed enough to win it despite having two movie adaptations of his works. What do I read next from him if all I've read are Satantango and Melachonly? Seibo looks like an interesting read.

I'm legit curious why DFW hasn't won it? Especially considering how popular Infinite Jest has been getting post-death.

Cormac is also a good answer, he's someone both plebs and patricians can really enjoy.

Dude, DFW died young, remember?

David Mitchell or Meryvyn Peake

How much rage would there be if it was John Green or JK Rowling?

they will give it to krasznahorkai but i doubt it will be this year, he's only 63 and they like to give it to older writers.
Adonis or Thiong'o are the most likely picks, as they are every year. Lobo Antunes as well
No american stands a chance this year or for the next few years - its probably that Ashbery, McCarthy etc. will die before they get it.
Writers like Pynchon and Roth have no chance whatsoever - too 'American' or too 'Conservative'
like Geoffrey Hill was too english and too conservative

>patricians
>enjoying corncob tortillas yecarthy

nice meme faggot

>its probably that Ashbery, [...] will die before they get it.
user you might want to sit down for this...

Underrated post.

Either this guy...

...or that guy.

First post, best post.

>Who do guys think is going to win the Nobel prize for literature this year?

the original "Bugs.." poster

Nael, age 6

Nobel Prize is political. DFW is too white (mostly you get the sense of suburban America when you read/think of him, hard as he tries to extend his range in Infinite Jest) for it. Not that I'm against him being too white, I don't browse tumblr, just stating a fact.

>DFW is too white
DFW is dead - that's the bigger problem.

I wouldn't even be mad

He's dead, they don't give the awards posthumously.

The Shithouse Poet

Well they set the precedent now they have to make it standard procedure. I would bet on Springsteen in some years.

jean-luc godard

Is there anyway we can meme this?

praising kek, my comrade

Anonymous
'For its contribution to the high quality of literature worldwide, by making all the rest of it look so good in comparison to its own'
'Also for paying so much attention to the Nobel Prize'
>hyperspace and/or the tundra one and/or a critique thread.jpg

That would be cool

Haha, wow. That would be a lot funnier than Dylan actually.

Adonis or Thiong'o or another perennial like Magris or Lobo Antunes. If a woman, then Tokarczuk or Ogawa.

Who cares? The Nobel are biased towards both swedecucks and anglo scum.
I'll never forgive them for ignoring Borges.

>Joyce
>James
>Tolstoy
>Ibsen

I don't care about those hacks.

I would be completely blown away if that happened, and not totally opposed to it. JLG is fascinated with language games and whatnot. However, since Ingmar Bergman didn't get it (and he's one of their own) there's no shot a filmmaker will be awarded the prize

Pinecone should have won it but they're probably afraid he'd either (a.) refuse it a la Sartre or (b.) send Carrot Top to accept it in his place, which they would definitely be afraid of

I think Woody Allen deserved it, but they historically have a problem with Jewish writers (yes yes I know Bellow and Singer won it)

I would be really happy with this choice, so finally I get a translation of his work in my mother language

some comicbook fag

Alan Moore. I'm already seeing it.

Haruki Murakami. This man, in my country, he is everything

>inb4 the night after DFW wins

youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAd7COpJY

Disgusting.
Lowbrow sequential art (all of Moore's work) is fucking trash.

It's not like if the Nobel committee worries about that. However, I'd be baffled if he won.

Sort of want Ogawa so all of her works will be translated already.

>TFW it won't be him

Someone who's anti-Russia.

Go back to Tumblr you ignorant fuck

Zadie Smith
Javier Marías
Haruki Murakami

Or probably some obscure Iranian poet or something.

OGAWA
G
A
W
A

>Anonymous
would be more deserving than when Borges or Homer won it daro

YAAAAAASSSSSSS SLAY QUEEN SLAY!

>Kaine with the hitler salute
lol

Handke I hope, but probably not. Or Marías. Also why does nobody ever talk about Tom Stoppard? He wrote two of the best plays of the last century.

>see a woman
>go insane
you will all pay for Katie one day

Not sure, but in 2047 it'll be me

>Assuming I'm a crazy Katietard.
Anyways, Carli Claire is best girl obviously.

Jordan B. Peterson

and you know why.
although he's a jew so they should've given it to him even if he hasn't produced anything original.

Why then?

Because he's 13 now

I thought summer was over though.

Tao Lin

Gas-kun obviously.

Sweden hates Hungary because of its politics, thus the Nobel committee for literature hate Hungary because of its politics, and the committee will not be able to separate an artist and where he is from (in this regard). Krasznahorkai will never win.

sad

DFW isn't even well known in England, never mind Scandinavia

William t vollmann

bugs.................................................

eayes in thee carote

>engages with Iran's social and political history in his works
>promotes freedom of speech and thought in opposition to the Iranian government
>no Iranian writer has been awarded the prize, despite their long literary history

>Kelidar (1977 to 1984) is Mahmoud Dowlatabadi's monumental novel, one of the most famous Persian novels.[1] This novel is of nearly three thousand pages in five volumes consisting of ten books.[2]

what the FUCK

>I'll never forgive them for ignoring Borges.
Funny because Borges did

Probably that Bolaños crapster

Sounds like it's just ten 60 page long books

They didn't give it to Borges because he did not condemn the various Argentinian, Chilean etc... governments. The secret is being a Communist, like Neruda.

The only minority they like is white africans.

We the best.

Also they offered him a charge as library's director, something I believe didn't happen before with other governments

A much more real impediment is that only two books of his have been translated to Swedish.

Ko Un is going to win, calling it now.

Can someone explain why I should care?

PRESTIGE
R
E
S
T
I
G
E

Isn't nobel committeeee a little bit against gocernment or just independent?
Also it's composed of former winners

>Don't Nobel winners have to demonstrate or have in some way addressed big overarching issues facing society or culture. I thought being a good writer isn't enough to win, otherwise based purely on talent Pinecone would already have won it; but since he is a pussy ass recluse he will never win it.

>it's composed of former winners
???

didn't know that

>just independent

I guess I phrased it rather vaguely. The committee is indeed independent from the government, but that's irrelevant since their (political) views reflect the goverment's exact views. If Krasznahorkai were to show up in discussions the discussion itself would revolve around Hungary and its immigration politics, with the conclusion that they don't want to look like they condone that in any way shape or form and so they won't give the prize to him.

Palestinian prize laureate inc.

soz for poop grammar, btw.

I just want to add that I won't be surprised if they decide to try something unorthodox this time around again; say give the prize to a young(er) person. I don't know why they picked Dylan last year but if it was in any way related to getting attention or just breaking new ground (whatever that means) they're probably disappointed if it's the former and not satisfied if the latter, and want to do something equally (or more) rowdy this year too.

Whoever the ruling class has selected as a paragon for their ideology.