A female who reads

So what's the most efficient way to attract a female who shares an interest in literature? I'd like to produce offspring and teach my offspring about literature and how to be a good citizen, as that's a cause which will benefit humanity. She has to be attractive as well. I'll be able to support her with a decent career; I'm working toward a master's degree. Maybe I could go to the library with Ulysses in hand and approach an attractive female, ask her questions, and smile till she's comfortable enough to give me her contact information.

obligatory: stop calling them females

stop using female as a noun

have you tried not referring to women as females?

I'm referring to the biological sex female rather than the social construction woman. No transformative women or hermaphrodites attract me, so it's unnecessary to include them; I'm being unambiguous.

That painting was made ironic. Perhaps you would be interested in a marble statue of your pet?

You’re never getting laid user.

No pets are in my possession. Thank you for the suggestion.

Why do you read?

I read to better understand subjects.

Oh well, I thought that a supreme gentleman like yourself would be better suited somewhere else.

I'm only a regular human male.

newfag

Well start being ambiguous.

You sound like a clown. That you're even interested in breeding is failure in itself. There is nothing more destructive than creating another person, and there are few things more egotistical and pathetic than seeking out the company of another person as a utility for your goals and to appease your insidious anxieties. Your last two sentences about your future degree and fantasy come off as autistic and delusional. Sad, nasty, and cringeworthy—your aspirations are more offensive than the shitposts on this website. Do everyone a favor by not posting here, containing your perversions, and locking yourself in an ivory tower.

>There is nothing more destructive than creating another person
Guess how I know you're mentally ill.

Why do you think so, user? I mean, if all pain and suffering are predicated on being born, then creating another person capable of experiencing pain and suffering is one of the worst acts one can commit.

but... womans don't read

just go up to a bitch and say 'ayy baby you like pynchon?' and when she says yeah you gotta say :
'ayy that's good cause im finna pynch on that ass'
or: 'you ever read Melville? well, im bout to moby this dick in your mouth'
and: 'ever heard of my man shakespeare? well im gonna make you midsummer's night cream, baby.'
alternatively : 'have you ever read dostoevsky? yeah neither have i.'
on the real though, women don't give a shit about your literature fetish. you can't attract a girl with books anymore than you can attract a dog with a can of gasoline. dogs don't drink gasoline.

>'you ever read Melville? well, im bout to moby this dick in your mouth'

no one fucking knows who wrote Moby Dick

Approach the strongest and biggest male in the library and punch them right in the face. Make sure an attractive female sees this of course. Then proceed to unzip your pants and mate with her right there and then.

Don't forget to watch nature documentaries to see how it's done properly.

>Then proceed to unzip your pants and mate with said biggest male right there and then
This is how you attract fujoshi

What the fuck is this thread

>pain and suffering
>relevant to morality
Wew

>I'd like to produce offspring
maximum pleb

Idiot.
>I mean, if all pain and suffering are predicated on being born, then creating another person capable of experiencing pain and suffering is one of the worst acts one can commit.
Pain and suffering is a beautiful part of life. Learn to enjoy it, or live like a coward.

>So what's the most efficient way to attract a female who shares an interest in literature?
The same way you would attract any other woman: LOOKS, MONEY and STATUS. Literally just be handsome and start being around women with an interest in literature

You're cool with female to male trans peeps then?

Any woman who reads - any perceptive woman - wants nothing to do with a man.

Men are brute, and often cruel and immoral. Men are always superficial and poorly disciplined, by biology fated to be disturbed by the other sex - which is naturally pathetic and why no woman should ever feel submissive to any man.

What can a modern woman gain from a man? Nothing, absolutely nothing but a heart- and headache.

You have nothing to offer, OP. As do no man.

Source: am woman

There's yer problem.

Since no one has explained it to you yet: most women hate "female" as a noun. It makes them feel like objects. "Female" denotes a biological entity, which (to them) suggest you're only interested in their bodies. "Woman" denotes a social creature.

my problem isnt attracting them but sealing the deal

Ah, women. It is only because of our ill, disturbed fate that you are of any importance. You mean nothing without men and you never amounted to anything before men decided you did. Your interests are invariably tied to what you can gain from them directly. You never do something for its own sake, but only because of the inherent reward and I cannot respect you for that. This is why the history of art, philosophy, science and literature, as well as history proper, is man's creation. You were busy complaining. Indeed, men are all you said and even worse but it is our nature. Your nature is to be whiny, useless and proud.

You are but a hole to put our dick in and a pouch to grow our young. It is man that has lost it all because of women. Of course you cannot gain anything from the modern man. He has nothing left.

We don't give a shit if you're a woman.

I don't usually announce my gender, but as this is a specific thread devoted to this, here's some tips:
1. Don't call me a "female"
2.don't be a Schopenhauer fag who hates my gender.
3. I work in a library, so don't approach me at work, and generally don't approach girls reading or doing homework.
4. Don't be as autistic as you sound in the OP
Other than that, I would suggest second hand bookshops, if a guy approached me in there I'd probably be okay with it.

And you accuse other people of pride

>if a guy approached me in there I'd probably be okay with it.
You are implying that you being okay with it has anything to do with what OP wants.

I read voraciously because I don't want to talk to men, or other women for that matter. I'm incurably misanthropic, and specifically don't really like men, since they tend to view me as lesser and incapable, despite the fact that I have a good job in IT and outperformed all the men at Uni and am generally well versed in literature and history and philosophy (my minor was history, and I studied philosophy and literature independently).

Basically, what I'm saying is: don't bother. Most women I know who genuinely like reading and philosophy have also been dismissed for having (or a perceived "faking") of those interests by men, and subsequently are very mistrustful of them.

>You are implying that you being okay with it has anything to do with what OP wants.
Well, he's asking how to pick up literary girls, and I was using that as a counter example to going to the library.

>1. Don't call me a "female"

I did a stint in the Army and we were required by regulation to refer to women as females if we had to recognize them by their gender at all.

Sorry, but why does this bother you? It's just a habit the Army beat into me.

>Sorry, but why does this bother you? It's just a habit the Army beat into me.
Because it's animalistic. You call dogs "female and male" you call humans "men and women". It's also a common thing of pick up artistry, which is just generally icky.

>you call humans "men and women"

But I don't? Why would you assume that I do everything the way you do?

>You call dogs "female and male"
>Not calling them "good boy" and "good girl"
I wasn't sure you were a woman before, but now I'm sure.

>Why would you assume that I do everything the way you do?
Clearly I meant generalised "you". God, this is a confusion the french never have with "vous" and "tu". People in general call humans men and women, whereas "male and female" are usually animal terms.

>I wasn't sure you were a woman before, but now I'm sure.
Well, you don't say "the good boy dog" you say " the male dog".

>Well, you don't say "the good boy dog" you say " the male dog".
>Implying you don't
Christ, you are a woman.

>Christ, you are a woman
Christ, you have no command of basic grammar.

Whatever you say, female.

I am now sure that you belong in a mental asylum!

>So what's the most efficient way to attract a female who shares an interest in literature?
I like men who are also into literature, but don't act like they know more than me or are somehow more capable of reading comprehension than me.
Considering your continued references to "female" "offspring" etc. I suspect you might be of the condescending variety.

Is this place not for the mentally ill?

You are quite perspicacious.

What do you offer? I only want a man who respect me as his equal partner, and I suspect you might not do that.

I just want a woman whose idea of having fun doesn't consist solely of spending money doing things i don't care to do. I want a woman who's able to sit still for hour long intervals (at least) i.e. who genuinely likes to read and actually does. Modestly pretty is fine, even preferred. And that's pretty much it.

Well why do you refer to us as "females"? That's usually the domain of red pilled /r9k/ or edgy pick up artists.

Or guys fresh out of the military

>Or guys fresh out of the military
Well, I'm not into testosterone charged aggressive guys so that's a negative in and of itself.

Do you like gay slash fiction? I think women like that.

>MUH OLD HAGS
>MUH WHITE CIVILIZASHUN

Jeez, you sound like a judgemental bitch

>atheist secular whore
>is triggered by secular terminology

>>atheist secular whore
I never said I was any of these things.
>>is triggered by secular terminology
"Men and women" is not the domain of religion.

Oh. Not Op or whomever. Just reacting to the statement. FWIW I never refer to women as 'females'. Sounds tooo (I dunno) aseptic? Scientific?

Every military man I've ever met was authoritarian and a bit sexist, as well as quite aggressive.

Like I said, judgemental bitch

Clinical would be a good word, maybe?

'men and women' denotes a nonanimal ontology which you reject, because you're a secular.
'male and female' denotes a purely animal ontology.
You are a secular, hence the animal term is what you deserve for wanting to be merely an animal.
Every secular whore I've met has been a condescending and unworthily-smug abortion.
Maybe you should stop generalizing.

Sure. I like what I like, and military men are not that, since they tend to be, as I said, aggressive, sexist and authoritarian. Not like Veeky Forums isn't judgemental about women.

And you haven't found a man yet? Shocker, with an attitude like that I thought you surely had landed a rich, handsome husband by now.

I am not a secular atheist. I never said I was. I'm a buddhist (not a hippy version).

I don't really want a man, and I certainly don't care if he's rich or not in the off chance I find one who's willing to treat me as an equal partner. Basically, I haven't been looking.

Wait, so why would you think your advice is welcomed or applicable to a thread for guys trying to find women?

You think we care what a "I don't really want a man" woman has to say? You're probably the furthest thing from what we want to hear from.

>a buddhist
So, a secular whore.

I, and most other bookish girls I know, am very introverted and misanthropic and absolutely hate being hit on. The only way I would date is if a man became my friend first, and it developed further. If a man, however well read he is, comes up to me and is overtly only interested in dating I switch off very quickly.
Also, lose the "females". It's somewhat dehumanising.

>The only way I would date is if a man became my friend first, and it developed further.

What the fuck? This is how ALL women date? Lol, you think this unique to your brand of femininity?

I've never had a partner or had sex, and I have a spirituality. You seem to misunderstand what both secular and whore mean.

>What the fuck? This is how ALL women date? Lol, you think this unique to your brand of femininity?
No, I don't think it's unique, but the OP was talking about overtly hitting on a woman with Ulysses, not befriending a girl first. It's also not how all women date, much dating occurs with the idea of a romantic relationship being the goal from the first.

>a spirituality
Still a secular.

This thread reminds me of something that happened earlier this semester

>Modern Literature
>Great Gatsby
>Teacher asks some kind of question, I forget what, about gender roles
>I answer and for the first 30 seconds or so of my answer I keep saying "the male mind" and "the male role" and shit like that
>Then I say "On the other hand, when it comes to his depiction of the female mind-"
>Instantly a girl starts screeching and I'm berated over the next 5 minutes by almost every girl in class as they all agree with each other that "Female is a derogatory term"

Why are women so self-interested? They didn't say a single word when I applied "male" to men, but they get up in arms the second I apply "female" to women.

OP, if you're still here, I'd advise you against hitting on girls in the library. I can only speak for myself, but if I was in a library reading and a man came up with Ulysses, and started hitting on me, I'd be irritated because if I'm reading I clearly don't want to be disturbed. I'd also probably think you were pretentious for bringing your own book to talk about, the very least you can do is ask about whatever I was reading.

What public place exists where you don't mind being disturbed?

>What public place exists where you don't mind being disturbed?
It's not so much the place, as the action. If I'm reading or listening to music, I don't want to be disturbed, however if I'm perusing the shelves, it might be okay. The point about bringing Ulysses, though, still stands.

Yeah, clinical's fine.
I think calling a woman a female shows a potential lack of intimate feeling, and no human being, man or woman, wants that in ANY kind of relationship.

This guy gets it

>most women hate "female"
Wrong.

>provides no proof whatsoever to back up his statement
FAKE NEWS

It has just as much proof as the statement he's responding to

t. landwhale

Women don't appreciate books in the sense men do. You'll just end up pushing them away. Approach a woman, bully her, and then when she gives you attention, just ignore her for a bit. Never, ever, tell a woman about yourself on a personal level. Works for me.

Please tell me this post isn't serious.

>most women hate
Nice fantasy. "Most women" are not the deluded, middle-class ideologues you hang with at an American university.

So basically you have no actual reasoning and it amounts to
>muh feels
"female" is the most impartially descriptive term for this case.

>LOOKS, MONEY and STATUS
wrong. it's CONFIDENCE

This is absolutely correct. But it's also incorrect. Feeling, intuition are feminine strengths, and if (you) don't compromise, youll get nowhere. Meaning one has to take 'muh feels' into consideration, or one really is a 'brute,' as one of the femmes supra complained.