ITT

ITT

Post ridiculous quotes from books you reading.

>It was about twenty years ago that I wrote the critical essay “Transgender: Female Hermaphrodites and Male Androgynes,” in which I traced the genealogy of gender-bending in shōjo manga.

This is how the chapter starts...I'm gonna need to get a beer for this one

University sucks. I shudder to remember some of the articles I had to read as an English grad student.

Why is that ridiculous, OP? Have you never conducted academic research? That seems like a sensible opening sentence that sets the topic and history of the author's involvement. "Tracing the genealogy" is, moreover, a common academic metaphor employed to suggest the work one's put into understanding the topic. Sounds like a sensible sentence overall even if, as you suggest, you don't agree with the oooooohhhhh "transgressive" topics. Grow up, man.

SUNSET

FOUND

HER

did you just assume OP's gender

The arts and humanities are unsalvageable. Fuck neomarxist deconstructuve intersectional approaches to Navaho epistemologies of transgenderism. Some of us just wanted to read the greatest literature the world has known, and to learn to write and argue coherently about it. If people want to fondle Judith butler's asshole while they pump out another article on the problematic legacy of neoliberal corporations' normalization of queer youth, they can go ahead. But "studying" such "transgressive" topics (which is to say, getting inculcated into an ideology) at the expense of reading literature and learning how to write should not be mandatory. If it continues to be, the universities will fall. Not everyone agrees with that crackpot shit, regardless of how much of the "enlightening" material they're forced to read and write essays about.

meme from reddit dank le mayamya from 9aga

I have eleven sons.

>neomarxist deconstructuve intersectional approaches to Navaho epistemologies of transgenderism

Yo, no lie, that sounds like a fucking blast. I would love to read a white paper on that topic. Get out of here with your purity of discourse and composition.

A "white" paper...the gap between you and I is unbridgeable

The source of my OP is from a Japanese university studying comics meant for pure-hearted maidens you tinfoil-hatting-wearing pig.

>The article takes up the subversive use of “girls dressed as boys,” “boys dressed as girls,” “shōnen’ai” (boys love), “lesbians,” and “polymorphous perversity” in shōjo manga, and goes on to compare the structure of such representation with what appeared in manga for boys and young men. The essay is included in my 1998 book Where Do I Belong? The Shape of the Heart Reflected in Shōjo Manga (Watashi no ibasho wa doko ni aru no? Shōjo manga ga utsusu kokoro no katachi).

thats cause u a phoneniger lole

>not understanding how "white paper" has been and is used for an informative report
>emphasizing "white" in some ambiguous or trolling manner
>not using the objective case with the preposition "between"—between you and "me"
What are you doing, user?

Then why start the thread? What is ridiculous about the sentence if you think my response is over the top?

being an underage cellphone user

>you and I
I've been educated to write interminably long sentences in which I sling around ideologically charged buzzwords, not to write grammatically soundly.

ridiculous=/=unworthy of reading

If you aren't being made to take it seriously and are reading it for a goof, fair enough. But ridiculous basically means worthy of ridicule. I can't imagine why you would read some academic text you thought was ridiculous without being forced to.

user, I haven't had a cellphone for about five months. What are you suggesting?

>ideologically charged buzzwords, not to write grammatically soundly
I've neither used buzzwords nor written ungrammatically. If you believe I've done the former, then you have a limited conception of contemporary discourse, and if you believe the latter, then you don't understand how the grammar of green texts function on Veeky Forums, suggesting, if I may be so bold, that you are a newfag. Fuck off or at least contribute something more meaningful

>you and I

Get out of university this instant. Go on, fuck off. Enrol yourself on to the Memerson YT course instead, we don't want the likes of you.

I wasn't referring to what you'd written, but rather to what I'd written in my "fuck the contemporary arts and humanities" post. I absorbed the hit from when you called me out for making a grammatical error by using it to prove my point: here I am, educated in the contemporary university, able to use all these buzzwords, and yet I cannot write grammatically, as you pointed out. This indicates (as jestingly provided and very weak ad hoc evidence) that there is something wrong with the way English is being taught.

>enrol

lmao btfo

Also, mr "maybe you're a newfag" friend, he was not calling you but me an underage cellphone user. It was in response to your rhetorical question "what are you doing user". But surely you know how to read posts in sequence, being an oldfag and all ;)

Ah, you're clever, user. As a weasel or a sophist or with sincerity, nonetheless you make an interesting point. I like it. Even if one goes through years of training and absorbing liberal university ideologies, one may nevertheless end up not far from where one began. Nice one, you cheeky bastard.

Okay. So the response is linked to my comment, which suggests it's directed toward me. The other possibility is that it's meta commentary toward the poster, suggesting that they themselves are an underaged cellphone user, which doesn't make sense in context.

I don't see what sequential order you're on about since, as I've pointed out, the response seems directed toward me.

And no need to take "new" and "old" too seriously. ;)

This has been great fun

me too, user. take care.

this thread is fucking gay. Please post on /pol/ or Veeky Forums next time you want to discuss this inane garbage

Thanks for retrieving it from oblivion and letting everyone know by bumping!

>tfw forget to sage

>“Transgender: Female Hermaphrodites and Male Androgynes,” in which I traced the genealogy of gender-bending in shōjo manga.

Ok, go on. I'm legitimately interested. Did pic related come up as an example?

What class did you actually take to end up reading this?

Yeah and I bet you think Alex Jones is a real journalist too, don't you? Fuck off to the 1920's where you belong you elitist pigfucker.

I didn't take any class. I'm reading it of my own will. The actual geneology of the subject is rather boring, just a chronology of the earliest boy's love magazines, the influence artists, etc.

What's interesting is the psychoanalysis of boy's love and cross-dressing shojo heroines (think Utena, Rose of Verses, Hostclub). This largely an analysis of 80s and 90s manga rather than the current manga.