Explain this (only you can't)

How come Greece (tiny country, 10 million people) has won 2 Nobel Prizes for Literature (and only missed a third in Kazantzakis by ONE vote) whereas India (massive country, 1.3 billion people) has only won 1? And it was won 104 years ago LMAO.

Why are Indians so awful at writing?

>The country of the archpoetess Rupi Kaur
>terrible at writing
poor bait

Who did Kazantsakis lost to?

Also poo in loo

Rupi is technically a canadian and writes in english so she has nothing to do with WC-land

He lost to Albert Camus. Camus himself said Nikos deserved it more than he did.

Fair point about indians but the Nobel is shit

Being poor and enslaved for hundreds of years, caste system. India will world soon, my friend. Show brian and vagene

India is a huge cluster of distinct cultures that have thousands of years of recorded literature and nobody cares about any of it

I guess it's hard to care about a nation in which UNICEF estimates half the populace defecates outdoors.

>Being poor and enslaved for hundreds of years, caste system.
Greek were, dirt poor, otomaned and what not else.

Kek.

One country is the cradle of Civilization, invented history, democracy, philosophy etc etc

The other one is a country where most people still shit in the streets.

I wonder why OP?

>quantity is the same as quality

Mudslimes and Britcucks destroyed the cultural and artistic thinking. The country has been in eternal caste wars since the end of 19th century. There's no room for art to flourish, nobody reads.

Almost if there is a Western bias, further helped by romanticism for ancient Greece which translated to the modern place.

>Ireland has a population of 4.5 million
>4 Nobel Prizes for Literature

Why are Greeks so awful at writing?

Keked hard

>(((Ireland)))

But same question can be applied to many other fields. For example, Iceland (300k population) has decent football and basketball teams, needless to say about their music scene. Now compare it to Indonesia which has a population 1000 times bigger but no achievements even close to those of Iceland. What's the reason for that? I guess infrastructure.

More like how come a nation can produce Veda and Agama at the ancient time but can't produce anything in the modern time and live in the poo

Delete this! Irishmen look nothing like that!

BEGORRAH, SHUT IT DOWN!

>nobel prize
Who cares? The prize 100% pushes its ideological views on every prize it gives.

Who made this?

some teen from reddit probably

Kazatzakis is objectivelly and Subjectivelly God-Tier.

No, she's technically an Indian, regardless of what country she identifies as.

Because the medium of the novel (as well as conventional poetry), does not belong to India. It's a remnant of a colonial legacy that refuses to fit easily into the Indian cultures. Bellow asked "Who is the Tolstoy of the Zulus? The Proust of the Papuans?": this wasn't an insult, it was just an acknowledgement that the world has many literary traditions, and to expect ancient, deeply entrenched cultures to adopt the literary values of Western modernity is naive and parochial.

your mom dick in my arse is parochial

>Why does a country where half the population -- double the entire population of the United States -- defecates in the street, not produce any literature.
Yeah I don't know OP, that's a real thinker.

>Kazatzakis is objectivelly and Subjectivelly God-Tier.

I only read Zorbas by him, and found him to have some sparks of genious diluted in good-but-not-brilliant prose.

What else should I read by him?

Ireland aka the potato kikes.

Go home Mohammed

>Kissinger received a Nobel Peace Prize for orchestrating genocides and coups
>Obama received a Nobel Peace Prize for being black and looking handsome
>Leo Tolstoy lost Nobel Literature Prize to a literally who B-tier French poet

>Nobel
>mattering
>ever

>Why is a country of 75 IQ brown people who worship cows, shit in the street and anally rape women with tire irons not able to produce quality literature?

Really gets that noggin joggin

Oi this ain't a paddy thread. If we're going to be derogatory toward anyone, it's gonna be them damn brownies.

because they have 1.3 billion people

because the jews who run nobel prize, care only about their hidden agenda.

Also yes, slavery did hit us hard. But really old Hindi/Sanskrit literature is amazing, and so is the literature that came out during the independence movement, and a few decades post independence.

It's so sad how many people seem incapable of understanding racial difference. The egalitarian spell that has been put on whites by jews has led to so much delusion within our ranks.

Zorba is okay - but the best Kazantzakis novel would have to be either The Last Temptation of Christ or The Greek Passion, set in a Turk-occupied Greek town that prepares for a whole year to re-enact the passion story, with certain villagers chosen to play Jesus, Judas, Peter, John, Magdalene, etc - and whose lives actually end up mirroring those in the Gospels, only "Jesus" is accused by the priests (modern pharisees) of being a Bolshevik. Fascinating and incredibly rich prose style in both novels. Kazantzakis is a master of sensory imagery, highly adept in evoking sights, scents, sounds, sensations, tastes and somehow linking sensual things to spirituality.

The novel does not belong to Nigeria either - but they have Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka and Chimamanda Adichie among others.

Dany Laferriere, a black francophobw from Haiti wrote a book called
"I am a japanese writer"
Postmodernism allows you to choose your identity lel

Francophone*** sorry stupid phone